Metalchaos

10034, Gus the Mousling Bartender

The transparency effect is so cool! Love his shirt, love the colors you used, and his grumpy expression!

Edited by Pochi
Spelling is hard.
  • Like 3

The "transparent" mug is awesome!

His shirt is excellent!

But my favorite part is his expression!

He is cleaning that mug, and you can see him watching some customers misbehaving.

Just one more broken glass and he will kick them out!

• Like 3

NIce!

Somewhere, somehow, there's a diorama idea for the mousling bartender/wench combined with the Townsfolk bartender/wench minis.

• Like 2

I realised it's very challenging to paint glass. I'm happy you think it turned out well.

There will be more from the Mousling Tavern to come. No dead drunk Mousling, but a lot of happy little folks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

NIce!

Somewhere, somehow, there's a diorama idea for the mousling bartender/wench combined with the Townsfolk bartender/wench minis.

Minibart did a mouseling tavern a couple years ago. I think he built the tavern from scratch. The mouselings have so much character, they deserve to have their own little place to grab a drink and relax!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, Metalchaos said:

I realised it's very challenging to paint glass. I'm happy you think it turned out well.

There will be more from the Mousling Tavern to come. No dead drunk Mousling, but a lot of happy little folks.

He is fantastic! As others have said, the glass transparency effects & his expression are wonderful.

• Like 1

Thanks, it encouraging. I still have four bock to paint. I was hesitating about painting some in tin color, but I think I will take this opportunity to practice realistic glass on all of them. I can still paint a Red beer, a White weat beer and various amber beers. Who wants a good BEER?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By canuckotter
      Been spending a lot of time fighting brain weasels lately, and mostly losing, but the ever-wonderful @malefactus gave me the ammunition needed to give myself a break today. So it seemed fitting to start something brightly coloured and a little ludicrous. I bring you the mostly base coated Mrs Bones!

The goal is to make the whole thing as blindingly vibrant as I can. Still going to do highlighting and shading and such to bring out more character, but this should give you an idea of what I'm aiming for. 
    • By Geoff Davis
      60005: Arael, Half Elf Cleric sculpted by Gene Van Horne

• By Glitterwolf
      I painted an OOP GW metal Stegadon for my Lost World Project and added Foundry Aztec Crew.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=123

First some pics against neutral background
      And then some against my Jungle Photo Board.

• By Cyradis
      I used this figure for CMPA's Adventurer Challenge, and practicing chilling out on a figure instead of going detail crazy. Naturally that meant I had to try something new on it anyway. 

New: I put a lot of effort into her hair, and actually used it as practice for the hair on my ranger to get better hair methodology down.
      New: I also took a stab at NMM on armor, with mixed success. Not 100% happy, but it didn't get as much effort as the hair, and I wasn't going for perfection on that part. Same with the sword, not 100% happy, but decided to be satisfied until I try another figure.

Because I couldn't resist: I decided the boots were bland, so I freehanded gladiola flowers onto her boot. Then her bra and her dagger needed flowers too. Her name is now Gladys, because she likes said flowers. 

The minimal effort: Skin tones. I went for a pretty basic set, didn't go crazy on this part, but for a "good enough". 

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone! Now that the Facebook contest is over, here are some pictures from my entry for the Official Quarterly Reaper Group Bones Painting Contest #6. This is the Bones version of 77290, the Mousling Beekeeper that was sculpted by Gene Van Horne. There was a total of 56 entry in the contest with a lot of very creative and beautiful pieces. I won an honorable mention for those fantastic green bee eyes! I painted the bee in a reddish color and give it a sad look as if it has been worn to Beehave by the angry Beekeeper. Congrats to all the contest winners!

• Who's Online   33 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)