amuller33

Keuring coffee maker

15 posts in this topic

So I was reading the class thread and the coffee question came up. I have a simple question...is it against the rules to bring in a coffee maker? Im afraid the event center might frown on it. I forgot what the outlet situation is like, but what if I bring enough cups for everyone???

AJ 

If it is in the same venue as last year:

• There will be a practical problem of obtaining power for it. (There were very few accessible electrical outlets...vendors and class spaces had priority.)
  • I think the venue was selling basic beverages on premises....if that happens again they probably won't abide an alternative source.
  • When it was at the hotel they did not permit competition such as a Keurig ....but they provided something in the way of coffee. 
  • BTW there's no N. 
  • Not that I own one. 

1 person likes this

Official Answer:  No.  Do not bring your Keurig.  A Coffee Vendor has already been secured and you bringing that would violate the contracts in place.

6 people like this

7 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

Official Answer:  No.  Do not bring your Keurig.  A Coffee Vendor has already been secured and you bringing that would violate the contracts in place.

Second best news I've heard today!

1 person likes this

GOOD NEWS!!! thanks Ladystorm

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ladystorm said:

Caffeine, HUZZAH! I'm suddenly afraid that it ain't paints and minis that'll gobble up my money.

Seriously, I also considered bringing my own coffee machine (technically a kettle and filters). Though a gamer/painting themed mug however. [Note to self, find appropriate mug]

Edited by Cranky Dog

1 hour ago, ladystorm said:

Okay, with that answer, another question:

May we bring a travel mug with our own morning drink of choice or does your contract nix that? I don't want to break rules as I've been switching from coffee to tea.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Okay, with that answer, another question:

May we bring a travel mug with our own morning drink of choice or does your contract nix that? I don't want to break rules as I've been switching from coffee to tea.

Officially no outside food or drink is permitted but some things, such as donuts, personal beverages, and shareable cakes and the like are traditionally overlooked and not policed. 

5 people like this

Good to know, thanks. ^_^

A fine example of this is that Food Truck food, and my morning Coffees and Energy drinks were permitted by the staff. Wha tis not permissible is bringing a competing product - like making coffee for everyone.

It's really a "don't compete with the on-site vendors" policy.

5 people like this

whew.  Cause I need my cherry coke zero twice daily and for some reason the nice convention booth doesn't carry it... 

2 people like this

Yeah, they didn't carry Mt. Dew either, so I brought a bottle in with me in the morning and then bought Coke from them the rest of the day.  Normally, I try not to drink soda anymore, but at ReaperCon I let my inhibitions go.  :bday:

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

whew.  Cause I need my cherry coke zero twice daily and for some reason the nice convention booth doesn't carry it... 

My wife & you would get along nicely ::): . Thou her vice is fountain Dt Coke & it's a 53 oz refillable mug twice daily :blink:.

After my gall bladder attack last August I found myself just not wanting soda* anymore. That was in early August. I had surgery to remove it later that month. ReaperCon was very tempting on the sodas but in the end I got by with bottle water & Powerade I bought at the supply depot aka Walmart. Luckily I'm not a coffee drinker.

*Now that I really think about I think I just swapped sodas for Powerade/Gatorade, hmmmmmmm .:huh:

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, haldir said:

After my gall bladder attack last August I found myself just not wanting soda* anymore. That was in early August. I had surgery to remove it later that month. ReaperCon was very tempting on the sodas but in the end I got by with bottle water & Powerade I bought at the supply depot aka Walmart. Luckily I'm not a coffee drinker.

It's here that it's worth mentioning that there's a Costco right next to the hotels within walking distance. So if any of us want to bulk buy as a group...

3 people like this

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Yeah, they didn't carry Mt. Dew either, so I brought a bottle in with me in the morning and then bought Coke from them the rest of the day.  Normally, I try not to drink soda anymore, but at ReaperCon I let my inhibitions go.  :bday:

Ummm...

I bought a lot of Mt Dew at the food stand....

To the point of the guy asking me if I wanted anything else whilst he got my Dew....

After day 1, I never had to ask for it...

3 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Officially no outside food or drink is permitted but some things, such as donuts, personal beverages, and shareable cakes and the like are traditionally overlooked and not policed. 

Good thing because of all the baking that was shared. ..

1 person likes this