Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

Buckyball's Monthy Mithril Miniature for Feb

I didn't think to start posting these here until now. But this was the Mithril miniature I painted for February. It is called Tom Bombadil and the Badgers.

17361514_10155081969663926_4356441024601263127_n.jpeg

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow; bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.

buckyball

• Like 20

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Doublesix66
      Hello All,

I'm starting this thread to show my 10mm Warmaster armies that are currently done and the progress to finish them and the long just sitting there in a box LOTR Warmaster armies. I was inspired to have a look at this project again after seeing Lowylowlycook's 10mm LOTR armies that he's looking at putting together.

Currently this is its status
      Good

Evil
      some eastern figures which I bought (don't think they are available anymore)

and 2 boxsets of the original game.

as you can see quite a lot to do, but hopefully I can fit some of these units in my painting schedule this year
    • By buckyball
      This is a Mithril M69 Silvan Seer I painted up as an elven necromancer character.

buckyball
    • By annexation
      My take on one of the LotR mice from Cartoon Miniatures. I've been told he looks like Splinter the rat cosplaying as Gandalf. 

• By Mierot
      About five or six years ago I received the Knight Models 75mm Boromir as a Christmas gift. I started to assemble the pieces and became intimidated by what I needed to do to 1) finish assembly and 2) actually paint him. Last year I finally worked up the nerve to start painting, got some base colors and his face started, then again lost my nerve and drive. A couple of months ago I at last took Boromir off my shelf-of-unlimited-opportunity and started working. 

I finally finished him.

Front view:

Back view:

Three-quarter view:

Does this lighting wash me out?

(Some day I'm going to work out my photography settings and workflow.)

Each model is a learning experience and I learned quite a bit on Boromir: how to deal with large expanses of space, a method of highlighting black, keeping colors (somewhat) in balance on a large figure, and the importance of securing the weight of a big hunk of white metal. All and all, I enjoyed painting Boromir and I'm no longer afraid of taking on larger sizes.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)