42 posts in this topic

It is SO WONDERFULLY complex that I've decided to leave mine in the box...for now at least.

4 people like this

Awesome kit!

10 hours ago, malefactus said:

It is SO WONDERFULLY complex that I've decided to leave mine in the box...for now at least.

The big design is definitely not one to jump right in on, unless you have a good deal of patience, or have experience banging your head against a wall.

Nearing completion on this phase, and will incorporate the first two designs and see how it looks.

DSCI1543.JPG

DSCI1544.JPG

7 people like this

Completed.  There are some alignment issues in its appearance, but it finally all fit together.  The main point of the kit would be to keep the seams of the piping as lined up as close as possible to better aid in alignment. Here are the other two assemblies I will tie in to the big one.  I will also attempt another big one since I now know what the inside layout is and the other big assembly indicated on the back of the box.  I will keep going until the board is filled up.

DSCI1545.JPG

DSCI1546.JPG

DSCI1547.JPG

DSCI1548.JPG

DSCI1549.JPG

10 people like this

Like bombed away. I am not a fan of the piping (too many flanges built in), but it looks great assembled and the vessels and tanks are gorgeous work. 

2 people like this

A quick update.  This one, I am winging it.  Just trying to use up different leftover parts.DSCI1615.thumb.JPG.a492e206c06a0664e0f083f6a1148ca9.JPG

This one has added pipe runs going around the tank and crossing overin the center.DSCI1616.thumb.JPG.015c146d51817c500e90a0b37d191990.JPG

5 people like this

5 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

If you build it, they will game.

Yes in deed, that seems to be how it works.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I know the feeling man.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      After some time, I finally wrapped up my two sets of Death Guard from the new Warhammer 40,000 starter set, "Dark Imperium".  The entire second set is converted, I'm not a fan of clones in my armies.

The rotting masses:

The Lord of Contagion, no real work done to him other than the paint:

Rotbringer Goth'ma, my count-as Typhus, built from the Lord of Contagion:

The Malignant Plaguecaster, another standard build:

And an Icon Bearer, converted from the Plaguecaster:

The Putrid Blightbringer:

A Sorcerer conversion from the Blightbringer.  He could also count as Necrosius:

The Plague Champion:

He's the only non-Poxwalker who I didn't convert for the second copy.  I set him aside, as there's another Plague Champion coming in the First Strike starter set.   Maybe he'll be useful for one of the new entries when the Death Guard codex comes out.

• By Taskmaster99
      I grabbed some Chaos Cultists from the Dark Vengeance box from a buddy of mine. Don't know what I'm going to use them for. Maybe Shadow War eventually.

Anyway, didn't want to spend a lot of time on them so I just spray primed with the AP color primers then applied some basic base costs. I finished them off with the AP strong tone quickshade followed by the anti shine. I think they turned out pretty well.

thanks for looking. Comments and critiques are always appreciated.

• By Limey72
      Ok so a little background, a friend of mine had this mini laying around for many years.  He had inherited it from a friend many years ago and it had been primed, sort of. It was covered in a really nasty thick white paint that covered much of the detail.  He asked me if I would paint it and I said sure.  I tried all of the usual stuff to remove the paint with little success then resorted to oven cleaner which worked but I don't recommend it as the fumes are nasty.  So here she is hope you like her.

• By aku-chan
      Taking a break from working on my Kingdom Death stuff to paint this:-

Choose this one because I need to learn to paint without leaning forward so much, so a big, chunky dude seemed like the best place to start.

I'll make a start on the skin tomorrow, if I'm up to it.
    • By Lidless Eye
      Fresh off the paint table, some Rogues from the Stars from...well, "Rogue Stars".  They're very retro, and would definitely work for "Slipstream" or "Rogue Stars" as well.

The assembled Rogues:

The Captain (though he strikes me as more of a Rogue Trader:

The Rogue:

The Lionman:

Sniper-Bot:

The Floyd-Bot:

Big Bot:

The Dominar...er, Crime Lord:

Security Officer:

The Pirate:

Turtle-Turle:

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)