I will stop here.  I added a few more runs, and I left some unconnected as possible future expansion or the plant was updated and something obsolete was removed.  I also added some piles of replacement/expansion parts.DSCI1749.thumb.JPG.096603b5df5ad90d3d72f539011eb4f5.JPGDSCI1750.thumb.JPG.e05917d9e145405c69db47226858168b.JPGDSCI1751.thumb.JPG.65228558b2ba3d3c29a8298416b675d4.JPGDSCI1752.thumb.JPG.71c30b3673f87e3ee958e79dfac35771.JPGDSCI1753.thumb.JPG.6264f1b4afacdf2394c39f4e1230c248.JPGDSCI1754.thumb.JPG.8b1b68a720c4523101c3ff09f6a161e9.JPGDSCI1748.thumb.JPG.6600af9dbadb61cc48bd4c306f3facbc.JPG

The other kits and left over parts will be used on the Base modules for fuel/coolant storage.

• Like 10

Thanks for the inspiration from this and the kit suggestions. May see if I can find some to bit-box for some of my cyberpunk/dark future scenery. 

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      So I've had a Tau force since the large scale Armageddon event/stuff pretty much happened a good ten years ago, and it's been in a state of "left on the side in the boxes" for a while now....  While I'd love to wrap up my Catachans first, I wound up starting on the Tau simply because I had a few ideas for them come to mind and figured I'd give it a go, and hopefully come up with a cohesive colouration by the time it's all said and done

Most of the assembled minis were spray primered in black years ago, and I'm not really a fan of black as my primer anymore (I switched to light grey a while after these guys were primered), so first order of business was to give them a new base coat consisting of two parts white brush on primer, and one part grey liner.  The next coat consisted of lava orange (for the orange bits), and then an equal 1:1:1 of Mountain Stone, Terran Khaki, and Desert Sand for the second colour.  Sadly, I totally forgot what I did for the "boots", but odds are I'll be changing that colour up as I'm not all the happiest with it at the moment.  I also used Ebony Flesh for some quick lining, but I'm still indecisive about my thoughts on such.

Follow up coat for the orange was two parts lava orange, one part Dragon Red, and I think it was four drops of water...

That's not quite where things are right now though....  They're definitely in the "ugly" stage, since I decided I would experiment with, of all things, a complete wash coat made of Pure Black and about six drops of water...

While I did wind up losing a good amount of that gorgeously bright orange, I'm kind of liking how it has this almost "faded off in the sun" burnt feel to it...  Next time though I'm going to be more careful about it's application, because wow there's a decent amount of cleanup in some areas.  I like how the pants came out though ^_^;;;;

I'll have more pics later today, wasn't able to get pics off the G85 with enough time to edit them
    • By Guildenstern
      Pretty sure I didn't post this already... been sick as all get out. Just took some better pics, still with phone though, but hopefully they show ok:

• By Lidless Eye
      Inspired by my acquisition of the new easy-build Blightlord kit and wanting to field some different formations for 40k, I built up a few extra Blightlord Terminators and painted them all up!  Here comes Fat Voldemort and the Pants-Poopin' Crew.

"Smile, lads!"

The whole crew.

Fat Voldemort himself.

He's just so happy!

The Spewer-Crewer:

The Reaper Autocannon.

The Flail of Corruption:

The only guy actually equipped with a Combi-Plasma, which they'll probably all be using:

Bone-Guy:

Tentacool:

Mr. Spikey:

The Axeman:

• By Lidless Eye
      Another batch of rotters, fresh off the assembly line!  The forces of the Brothers of Rust get more...rank!  (Badum tish)

Converted Biologus Putrifiers:

Also converted, a set of Foul Blightspawn:

Icon Bearers:

Blight Launchers:

• By Arc 724
      Primaris Space Marine (Warhammer 40,000)
      by Games Workshop

This was my first warhammer figure I've ever done. I've always enjoyed the theme of the game but never really like the Space Marines because they are to short. When I saw these new, taller, ones I actually got excited to paint one. The height on these guys are amazing. They really have a better feel about them. The issue was that I only wanted to paint one (for now) and that is when a friendly forumnite told me about this book they just released "Getting Started with Warhammer 40,000." I jumped at the chance at the book comes with one miniature on a nice base for only $15. I called my local GW store and they saved it for me. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to just paint a miniature and not spend loads of cash on a single miniature or a three pack. 

I decided to go with a blood angel look for this guy. But I wanted to make it look a little unique so I did those grey chevrons on the shoulder and knee. This was also the first time I've done battle damage like you see here. It was FAR easier than I thought and the look is wonderful! I was very happy the way it turned out. 

With this guy I did fill in the base with GreenStuff to give the model a little bit more weight. You can see that in the WIP below. 

Thanks for the support.  

WORK-N-PROGRESS for this piece.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)