Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Werewolvians

03149 Justine, Undead Hunter

8 posts in this topic

Nice flames!

Great fire effect on the sword.. could have used some diluted black wash on the armor.. but a Paladin's armor is ought to be all shiny and spotless, so all's good I guess ^_^ 

1 person likes this

Very good paint job on her!

She looks amazing.  I'd argue that an "Undead Hunter" probably would be a Paladin but doesn't like being all lawfully stupid (good) all the time. Sometimes you just gotta be a little evil...:devil:

Good job! She looks like she could fit into my upcoming campaign of kicking zombie tushy ^_^! That is, if I ever get the game mechanics correct... Anyway, the green on her outfit looks excellent as that's the best shade of green out there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I finished Reaper's Valloa, Female Elf Thief (SKU  3566), a fun little figure with a lot of attitude.  I am very happy with the blond hair on this one.  Her face was a bit miscast, so her one eye is a bit weird.  There had to be some reason she decided on this career choice...

• By Citrine
      These are the Wizkids unpainted pre-primed Elf Sorceresses (SKU WZK72606).  I painted these up in April, just got around to adding basing and taking photos.
      For the price I think they are great, but they are definitely not as nicely detailed as the renders.  I decided to paint one up in a druidic color scheme.  I had issues with her face, since the faces are true scale, not heroic.  Not my best face, but its for tabletop, so it will do.  Also her hand didn't have any finger definition, so I painted it as a knitted mitten.

• By fanguad
      One of my friends came over today to paint, and I painted this custom HeroForge mini he ordered. She's apparently a Yuan-Ti pureblood PC in one of his games. There was some concept art with green eyes and purple clothing, so I used that to start with.

All told, she took around 4 hours. I'm quite happy with how she turned out... sitting and chatting and not agonizing over every decision made her fun and fast to paint.

Now, about the mini itself. Here is a fully zoom-in version of the image above. You can easily see the 3d printed layers, particularly on the base (which appeared not to have been perfectly horizontal in the printer), and on the raised arm. The picture doesn't necessarily draw attention to the same areas as the eye, but it's pretty obvious the layers are there if you spend any time looking at the mini. That said, for a tabletop piece it should be fine and the material itself took primer (and thus paint) just fine. The material had some flex to it, and there were only a few supports. Several small details were noticable, for example the details on the bag and the eyebrow piercings (which I didn't paint), but she was supposed to have more defined abs, which didn't show up. I don't think light sanding would have helped much - you would have to take off enough that you'd be seriously damaging the mini at that point. At $30 a pop, they're very expensive, but I could see it be worthwhile for a beloved character.
    • By fanguad
      I painted this mini for one of my friends as a gift. I love Patrick Keith's sculpts. I also love Jessica Rich's paint jobs featured on Dark Sword's gallery page for this mini - my first attempt at painting the breasts didn't look so great so I was able to use the close-ups to get them to come out much better.

Can you guess what character she is supposed to be?  I'm hoping some of you can get the right answer so that my friend will also be able to figure out who she is.

Hint

Answer

• Who's Online   19 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)