Sign in to follow this  

Silvervane's Zombicide Fatties

They all look awesome and gross!!!

My favorite is the 5th one, ( orange pants and lots of splattered blood) he looks almost real!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

what are the blue/green tank top shadows on the top right one? Great shading.

That one was Reaper Tropical Blue / Bloodless skin mix base coat.  Highlighted with bloodless skin.  Then washed with my Zombie Wash (mixture of scale 75 Inktensity chestnut and reper brownliner thinned down to a wash)  Then more brown liner added to wash into the deepest parts and quickly highest parts thumb wiped to keep highlight color.  Somewhere in my Zombie WIP from last year is the formula.  I'll have to look for it later so and post it here for you

Added a Group shot

Edited by Silvervane
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silvervane
      With the arrival of Zombicide Green Horde, I realized that I had yet to paint up any of the necromancers for the game.  So I decided to start a new thread for these guys.
      I decided that instead of starting with the one that came with the core set, I would paint up another one called Grin.  I had planned on just painting up a base coat today as I waited on the primer of another figure.  Then I just kept going.  Now the art for the figure has him with a very dark overall feel.  The figure's backstory has it that he's half zombie from a failed ritual.  So I Went with the zombie skin I had with the rest of the zombies.  I then added in a warm brown to try to give him a little more life than a regular zombie.  Looking at the image I think I need something else.
      Well here is the results of today's painting:

• By buglips*the*goblin
      Want more WIP threads like this one?  Check these out!
      01614 Con Crud 
      02818 Bugbear Warrior
      02017 Scorpius Rex Dracus
      07001 Rictus the Undying (Dungeon Dwellers)
      07002 Baran Blacktree (Dungeon Dwellers)
      Hello again, friends and neighbours! 
      Several years ago, after the Bones I kickstarter, I made a thread to help people who had just signed up for a ridiculous amount of Bones minis get used to painting and encourage them to just jump right on in!  This thread was even more successful than I thought and, much to my astonishment, brings new people to our hobby even today.  I thought it was time for a fresh update that might be just as helpful, and maybe give us something to point new people to when they first decide to pick up a brush and become One of Us.
      Often when new people come by and have no idea where to start, the first general question is: what are your aims and requirements?  This basically breaks down to: do you need pieces done for a game, or do you want to paint just to paint?  The idea behind this WIP is to give us something to show people the difference in practice.  So with the able assistance of Guindyloo, I will be painting Thanis in my usual fast-but-decent method and she will show us how nice things can be when you spend some time on them. 
      There are, of course, many ways to paint a mini so this thread is just an example of our present working methods and by no means serve as the only way to do it, or the final word on the matter.  Those of you just joining our hobby may have your own ideas about how to do things, and by all means you should use your own best judgment!  All we do here is just give you some things to think about.
      So on to the mini you came in here to see, and I hope this thread proves useful! 
      Here's my Thanis, fresh from her blister pack:

• By Silvervane
      I finally decided to call her finished.  Sana is, as usual from Hasslefree Miniatures, a great sculpt.  I really enjoyed painting her.  Hope you enjoy my paint work on this figure.

Her WIP is here.
    • By Disciple of Sakura
      I picked up Nethyrmaul to be a cohort for a major undead villain in my Pathfinder campaign, and decided that I really liked the idea of her slaying a Silver dragon and reanimating it as an evil zombie minion, so, I tried my hand at a bit of a NMM(ish) silver scale pattern with a little bit of actual metallic silver thrown in to a few places. He was a long time in completing, the process, but I'm really happy with him. I'm especially fond of the "dragon graveyard" base that he's standing on. The skulls are from a "Prehistoric Mammal Skulls" Toob pack I picked up at the local arts and crafts store. The ribs rising out of the ground are actually the teeth of a plastic alligator clip I grabbed from a grocery store, and the extra rocks are actual rocks and debris from the broken pavement outside my house. He's mounted on a 7" diameter wooden base.
      I appreciate your looks and comments. I'm still figuring out some of the things I'm working on with this sort of thing.

• By Darsc Zacal

"Humans came to PK-L7 in search of high powered fuel. They found it with Xenium, a dark, oily compound deep below the planet’s surface. But they found something else too. The Xenos attack was brutal and unrelenting, and they’re still coming. On April 10 at 3pm EST, Zombicide: Invader is coming to Kickstarter. Follow the CMON and Guillotine Games Facebook pages for regular updates on the Survivors, Xenos, Equipment, and Environments of this interstellar battle for life, and look for our interview with the Zombicide: Invader design team later this week. Grab a weapon, barricade the doors, and prepare to be invaded."

Zombicide:Invader is a cooperative game where 1 to 6 players face Xenos, an unfathomable swarm of infected Xenos controlled by the game itself. Each player takes on the role of 1 to 6 Survivors in a sci-fi setting being overwhelmed by these Xenos. The goal is simple: choose a Mission, complete its objectives, kill as many Xenos as possible, and (most importantly) survive!
      Survivors will fight Xenos, rescue each other, recover vital data, unveil dark secrets, and much more! Survivors can be Civilians or Soldiers, each with specialized Skills. They all play together as a team, trading Equipment, and covering each other. They use whatever weapons they can get to kill Xenos and slow the invasion. The better the weapon, the higher the body count, but the more Xenos will appear, attracted by the onslaught! Survivors must also be mindful of their location as conventional weapons work fine indoors, but the planet’s oxygen-starved surface, they’ll need to arm themselves with more specialized weaponry… Lasers, anyone?
      Most of the time, Xenos are predictable, but there are a lot of them and they use nasty tactics not encountered in previous Zombicidegames. Only through cooperation can players achieve the Mission objectives and win."
      I haven't backed a CMoN kickstarter in a awhile, but I think this one might tempt me depending on what the minis and gameplay are like.
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)