Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sanwah

Reaper and the Starfinder RPG??

30 posts in this topic

So with the announcement of the new RPG is there going to be official support from Reaper? 

Unlike Pathfinder, where a lot of general fantasy minis can be used, it is going to be difficult to find representations of some of the announced Core races.  It would be nice if Reaper could get some general PC minis of the more unusual races out there.

2 people like this

If there's nothing officially announced, there's a certain Bones IV coming up in a few months, and they're open to suggestions.

Stuff like scifi elves or scifi dwarves are generic enough. Just like ratfolk or space goblins are equally not unknown in other certain settings.

2 people like this

That was one of the things I was kind of hoping for; Starfinder line of miniatures.

1 person likes this

I'm fairly certain that if they land a licensing agreement they won't keep the associated line of figures a secret.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

If there's nothing officially announced, there's a certain Bones IV coming up in a few months, and they're open to suggestions.

Stuff like scifi elves or scifi dwarves are generic enough. Just like ratfolk or space goblins are equally not unknown in other certain settings.

Space ratfolk, dwarves and orcs are all abundant and fairly cheap in bulk. Elves and goblins, though, I think have to be adapted from lines that cost a bit more.

Some of the races/monsters are going to be harder to adapt without something more specific available.

1 person likes this

It is the Vesk in particular that I cannot find a decent substitute for. There are many Reptilian races out there, but they all have long crocodilian noses/muzzles.  Nothing seems to have the short iguana-faced look of the art.

1 person likes this

It would be awesome if they are able to do something along these lines.  Finding sci-fi minis of any kind can be a challenge but would love to see them continue their partnership with Paizo.  That of course is something that is up to the various execs/lawyers though.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Gargs said:

It would be awesome if they are able to do something along these lines.  Finding sci-fi minis of any kind can be a challenge but would love to see them continue their partnership with Paizo.  That of course is something that is up to the various execs/lawyers though.

Agreed. 

I have found that Infinity miniatures are a good source for sci-fi. They have a very wide range. Although they are all focused on wargaming there is some hope of some normalized looking one as they did just release and RPG for the game as well. If you have not looked of their line it would be well worth your time. 

My war gaming group is looking to do a full on RPG to Tabletop wargaming for Battletech. I already found the miniature for my Mechwarrior. Fits perfect. ::):

1 person likes this

Yeah Infinity is definitely a possibility.  One of my friends is pretty fond of it, but I've been holding off mainly because I'm still building up my Warmahordes collection and really didn't want to start another, lol.  That said, it may be worth it to look for individual minis here and there.  I also play a lot of Shadowrun and finding minis for that game can be really difficult.  Even the mages are hard to find decent minis for since most wizard minis are definitely decked out in fantasy inspired attire.  

Had not heard about the Infinity RPG yet though, so that should definitely be worth looking into.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gargs said:

Yeah Infinity is definitely a possibility.  One of my friends is pretty fond of it, but I've been holding off mainly because I'm still building up my Warmahordes collection and really didn't want to start another, lol.  That said, it may be worth it to look for individual minis here and there.  I also play a lot of Shadowrun and finding minis for that game can be really difficult.  Even the mages are hard to find decent minis for since most wizard minis are definitely decked out in fantasy inspired attire.  

Had not heard about the Infinity RPG yet though, so that should definitely be worth looking into.

Below is a picture of the exclusive miniatures from the KS they did for the RPG

Spoiler

Infinity-RPG-miniatures.jpg

1445109567.png

Edited by Arc 724
3 people like this

Ironically the closest figure that I can find to a Vesk was a Reaper Banquet figure that I have at home, but cannot find a picture online

1 person likes this

Might want to check this out:  http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3992-Take-A-Peek-At-These-Official-STARFINDER-Miniatures!

Pazio has already arranged for Starfinder minis.  Guessing that Reaper will want to tread carefully with the "Not a X" type figures to avoid issues with current Pazio licensing deals.  On the other hand,  the Cav aircraft and a couple of the hover tanks could make decent spacecraft without a lot of modifications. 

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Mad Klingon said:

Might want to check this out:  http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3992-Take-A-Peek-At-These-Official-STARFINDER-Miniatures!

Pazio has already arranged for Starfinder minis.  Guessing that Reaper will want to tread carefully with the "Not a X" type figures to avoid issues with current Pazio licensing deals.  On the other hand,  the Cav aircraft and a couple of the hover tanks could make decent spacecraft without a lot of modifications. 

A not-vesk space lizardfolk shouldn't be too hard to create. It's knowing if there's enough of a market for them that's a different matter.

1 person likes this

Those character figures look like they would be great for Rogue Stars or other team skirmish type games.  I'll wait to see on the other ships and what all they make available to see if they'd be suitable for Starmada (my choice in starship gaming).

1 person likes this

And what the paint jobs are going to be like as they are all pre paints