Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Daughters of Twilight™ is the first expansion for The WitchBorn: Enter Perdition™. Get everything you need to lead your courageous Dark Elves into the blinding light of The WitchBorn® ravaged world above.
      Play Where Miniatures Meet Roleplaying
      The WitchBorn: Enter Perdition is the immersive campaign-based miniature skirmish game for 2-6 players. Each player creates a war clan of adventurers to explore the dangerous world of Perdition. Portray your warriors with detailed 28mm Reaper® Bones miniatures. Play campaign-style, where your warriors continually develop, find treasures, and level up between games—If they survive the WitchBorn of course.
      Enjoy Ever-Changing Tales 
      Instead of just a skirmish with friends every time, The Witchborn: Enter Perdition is different. Recover lost cargo in the WitchBorn infested plains, survive the bitter Will-o-Wisp of the Wandering Forest, or enter the derelict cathedral turned tavern, known as “The Pit.”  Your warriors’ discoveries, wounds, and horrible fumbles are handled by apps for Android or iOS which tell a unique story every time you play. There’s no need for anyone to sit out or be a Game Master.  
      For more on The Witchborn: Enter Perdition check out our previous Kickstarter. See why reviewer Robert Oren picked Enter Perdition as a Top 10 Game for 2017.
      Meet the Daughters

A Hidden Realm lays far beneath tortured Perdition, a honeycomb of twisting tunnels and deep caverns. For centuries, outcast Dark Elves toiled here without the touch of the sun.
      A spellcasting Morrigan leads your warriors. Then choose from stealthy Nightcloaks, deadly Vindicators, dual-bladed Deathcriers, meek Waywardens, and horrifying Soulweavers. Each Dark Elf starts with an unknown skill—until you create your war clan. And if you’re fortunate, some of your warriors may be Dark Fae like the feasting Black Annis, the nightmarish Bodach, slimy Gobelyn, enchanting Merrow, or one of many other possibilities.
      Daughters of Twilight expansion sets feature 8 Reaper® Bones miniatures. Each comes with a round base for you to assemble and paint in your own distinctive style. Many of the exclusive figures we’ve selected aren’t available anywhere yet—you’ll be among the first to own them. The awesome figures inset here are from a rendering and will replace a few of the figures depicted.
      Get Your Complete Guide to the Dark Elves
      Learn their shrouded history and the secrets of female-dominated enclaves. Recruit exotic Dark Fae like the carrion-eating Boggart, mimicking Fetch, or sinister Sluagh. Duel with sabers to dispatch dangerous foes, wield long-lost eldritch magick, and master the forgotten art of shaping living weapons and armor. Pierce armor with the Deadly Bodkin. Fire lethal hand crossbows. Lend your Dark Elves prestige with Signature Armor designed just for them. And train the Cait Sidhe and giant orb-weaver to fight alongside your warriors. 
      Guides also come with extras. Get the die-cut templates you’ll need as your Dark Elves adapt to harsh sunlight and cast unique magick. A “Dark Web” PDF roster is easy to customize. It tracks your warriors’ levels, skills, armor, weapons, poisons, loot, treasures, and Adamant—the glowing but unbreakable substance only your Artificer knows how to craft.
      Roll with “Deep Purple” Dice
      Sets come with three attack dice featuring The WitchBorn’s hit location system. A critical skewers a victim while an oops means your warrior fails miserably—sometimes with comical results. Add two D6 for rolling feats and injury outcomes and your Dark Elves will be styling.
      We Got Brom! 
      Acclaimed fantasy illustrator, Brom, painted the gorgeous wraparound cover Web of Charms.Pledge early to snare an autographed copy before they’re gone!  

• By Glitterwolf
      I created a little Graveyard.
      The Crypt and the Raven are resin models from Minimonsters, the Skeleton rising from the grave is 02043 from Reaper.
      The Tombstones and Fence are from the Reaper Bones III Graveyard Set.
      The pathway was made with Milliput and I used the Greenstuffworld Cobblestone Rollerpin on it.

Enjoy!
      Likes, comments and job offerings to lead Undead Hordes welcome!

WIP Here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• By Auberon
      for a 5E game.  That's about all I can do for my WIP's theme after only one session.  Mostly it will be monsters.  Maybe I can convince the DM to tell me what's coming so I can paint it.   These are just for tabletop, but my philosophy is you should still try something new on every piece, or at least work on getting better at something you can already do.  Which is why I started a WIP I wasn't even originally going to bother with - for an experiment.

I was looking at the marsh troll and thinking "this would be a good candidate for glaze painting."  Now if you aren't familiar with glaze painting, it is where you prime white and then add washes/glazes of progressively darker colors.  It creates your midtone and shadows, then you go back in and add back the highlights.  You can do it for anything but it is ideal for textures.  Now Bones are white, but you can't just go over them with diluted paints.  Liner works well to prime, but then the mini is no longer white.  But wait, I have a large bottle of white craft paint that I used for some terrain.  What if I prime with liner, give it a heavy drybrush so the highlights are white again, and then glaze paint?

Step 1: Brown liner + a heavy drybrush of white craft paint.

Step 2: Green skin starts with yellow paint.  Here is a potential issue - the liner shifts the shadows to green.  As I want green skin this isn't an issue but it would be if I wanted my final color to be yellow.  I am also trying not to be messy as I would need to make any messes white again later.

Step 3: Sap green diluted to a wash.  Now the skin is greenish.

Step 4: A second wash of sap green in the shadows to add more depth.

Step 5: His highlights are still pretty yellow in hand so I made a wash of anthraquinone blue.  It will make the yellow more green and further darken the shadows.

Oh, I hit his front too.  It was really blue so I started the color shift with some phthalocyanine green ink.

Interlude: Lem.  Needed for a PC.  Must be finished by Friday.  The troll is optional.

Step 6:  All leather was hit with a couple of layers of burnt umber ink.

Step 7:  The wood was coated with a mix of burnt umber ink and titanium white.  Some of the liner still shows through so the initial color is a little wonky in places.  Maybe it'll add texture to the wood....

Step 7: Shade the wood.  Initially I used a burnt umber ink wash, but it wasn't intense enough and would end up  looking like the leather after a few more washes.  So I used the obvious wood shadow color, dioxazine purple ink watered down to a wash.

From the front.  His belly got a wash of the burnt umber ink while it was out.  A couple more and it would turn olive, but maybe I'll leave it bluish.  While multiple washes have smoothed it out you can still see texture from the drybrush showing through.  It's an interesting effect here but won't always be desirable.

Step 8: Call it a night and go to bed.  I have to work and make money after all.  We can't paint all the time.    Next update - unknown.  I really do need to finish the halfling bard before I play around anymore.
    • By Darcstaar
      I've been wanting to paint these rat swarms since I got my Bones I shipment.
      However, the base was cut into this jagged shape, so I always delayed painting them as I waited on basing them.
      Finally, I decided to base some with a good heapin' helpin' of sand.  The other two got green stuff treatment to try to blend the base that way.
      One was wood planks, and the other was flagstones.

I tried to emphasize fur/hair in the painting.
      I totally "phoned it in" on the tails, noses and claws.
      I really didn't want to over-spend time on these guys.
      Sorry, I realize I didn't give you a good shot of the skull they are swarming over.

C&C Welcomed.

• By Darcstaar
      Every DM needs wolves.  These were bare metal used on the gaming table for far too long!
      I've been wanting to paint these for a long time, but was intimidated by the fur.
      I finally decided to take the plunge.
      I did some research on the web for images for inspiration, as well as the forums.
      Here's what I came up with.

C&C Welcome.

First, the individuals.
      Here was the inspiration photo from google images for a varied color gray wolf.

This is what I came up with for him.  Coincidentally, it ended up very similar to Anne's picture on the Reaper Web Store.

Next, I wanted a run-of-the-mill gray wolf.
      Here is an inspiration photo.

And the model.

And, as these are all for our Reign of Winter Adventure Path, I wanted a white wolf!

Here was the inspiration.

I was surprised to find so much cream and not so much white, so I tried to replicate it on the model.
      I also tried blue eyes, but they didn't pop quite well enough.  And I threw on some snow and cork "rocks."
      I wasn't entirely happy with it overall, but it is acceptable.

Finally, here are some group shots.
      Overall, I had fun painting these, and knocked all three out in about a week.
      That's SUPER fast for me.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)