imars

77176: Familiars 2 Bones Wolf

6 posts in this topic

Nice work! 

1 person likes this

Awesome paint job, and a gorgeous pup! ::):

1 person likes this

Nice work on the dog.  Cute doorstop too!

1 person likes this

Good work!

1 person likes this

Nice!

BONUS points for painting a WOLF!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By James-
      Take it easy on me, this is just my seventh mini to paint with three of them being a set of identical orcs. First time trying green stuff any tips for improvements or things you think I did well would be much appreciated. Trying to figure out what worked and what didn't.

This is Archon the Aasimar Warlock and his familiar (which has yet to be named). He was taken as a youth by a fiend for his celestial blood. On the brink of corruption he was rescued by a paladin of the Raven Queen. The Raven Queen then took over his pact and he now serves her hunting those who would defy the natural process of death.

• By Sharkbelly
      I had a bunch of new figures arrive the other day. I am trying to decide which set to paint up first. Any thoughts?
      Here are the new fishmen, a mind flayer, and an evil cleric of the sea:

I'd like to paint up this guy to be a green and/or bronze dragon:

A storm and a cloud giant:

Two more dancing girls:

A marid and a hippocampus chariot:

So, which one first?
    • By InvisibleThumb
      For my latest group of models I wanted to paint some monsters- preferably with tentacles.  I thought this "roper" would be easy enough but I decided to spice it up a little on the base.  The 'shrooms are just little acorns The kids helped me collect last fall (painted the rounder ones as pumpkins).

I really don't know if I put the tentacles in the right spots but I like how dynamic they make this model look.

• By Pingo
      While I have been painting realistic wolves, I have also been working on some of the gorgeous giant wolfmen sculpted by Julie Guthrie for the Koborlas faction in Reaper's "Warlord" game.

This is #14528, the subtly-named "Rageclaw Slayer", or the testosterone-poisoned werewolf a friend of mine requested.  He's a big puppy; I include a copy of Reaper's 60164, Vampire Hunter, for scale:

This is my standard priming of a thin layer of Titanium White followed by a thin wash of diluted Burnt Umber, using my favorite Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics.  I left the base white in order to paint it as snow.

Those who have been following my regular wolf painting thread will recognize the steps here.  First I mixed a cool neutral grey from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White and painted it on his limbs, face, and belly:

Then I mixed a darker version of the same grey and painted his back and tail:

Then I mixed a cream-buff color from Burnt Sienna, Yellow Oxide, a tiny bit of Ultramarine Blue to take the orange edge off, and Titanium White, and went over his face, limbs, and belly again:

And finally I took some pure Carbon Black (a color I rarely use except for special effects) and laid in his eyes, nose, lips, and claws (Although I just noticed I missed his toe claws.  Oh, well, next time.).  I also washed a little diluted black over his darker fur, most noticeable on the parts of the tail I had missed earlier:

He still looks rough and terrible, especially up close, but I have to admit I am rather pleased with the overall color impression.
    • By hdclearman
      I set off on this guy thinking it would have a woodsy color scheme.  I'm not really sure how I evolved into the assassin-esque colors, but I like how it turned out.

Comments and critiques welcome.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)