imars

77176: Familiars 2 Bones Wolf

6 posts in this topic

Nice work! 

1 person likes this

Awesome paint job, and a gorgeous pup! ::):

1 person likes this

Nice work on the dog.  Cute doorstop too!

1 person likes this

Good work!

1 person likes this

Nice!

BONUS points for painting a WOLF!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MelmothWanders
      This little fella came out alright I think. My first successful attempt at painting human eyes at this scale.

• By Laoke
      While I've been relatively inactive, my lovely wife has not.  She's been working on a selection of figures some of which in my admittedly biased opinion are much better than anything I've ever done >.>

77265 - Drys, Dryad
      I love this figure and the paint job is so subtle.  The shading on the greens is superb - unfortunately, I'll have to work out how to link the front again : )

77313 - Krug, Hill Giant
      Yet again, some gorgeous shading on this figure. 

77314 - Golan, Hill Giant
      This figure is very... uh, purple.  But I think it works well.  I might have to go over it and tidy up some of the tree branch club - the paint coverage isn't as good as it could be.  But still a lovely bit of work.

89013 - Ezren, Iconic Wizard
      She has this annoying tendancy to rattle off freehand that's better than my "paint by numbers" detail work, elf her eyes!  This one was a fairly fast paint, with not as much shading as she's done elsewhere.

89014 - Seltyiel, Iconic Magus
      She refers to this one as her "Michael Jackson" figure, for obvious reasons : )

• By MelmothWanders
      My third attempt at miniature painting. 
      I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, though it's more green than I had originally intended and I struggled to get the large metal surfaces to take more paint after the first coat.

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello!

I picked up the Bones version of Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer at Origins, and his nose is flattened compared to photos of the metal version. I have found one photo of another Corim and it looks like his nose is squashed in that one, too.

I'm assuming this is a casting flaw, and not an intentional feature. Do all of the Bones version of Corim have a squashed shnozz?

I know the days of gnomes with enormous noses are well past, but poor Corim should have at least some nose to speak of.
    • By OneBoot
      The following is going to be an EXPERIMENT! Please do try this at home, because I'm not a licensed professional and totally feel no obligation to warn you away from doing awesome things.  

My goal is to complete these 5 figures, from start to finish, within 48 hours. Whether I will succeed or not remains to be seen. It's more of a "Hey, let's see if I can paint humanoid figures quickly," and I work best with a deadline, artificial or not.

Here are my 5 victims:
      89009 Merisiel, Iconic Rogue (Tipsy)
      89024 Holy Vindicator (Trunk SlamChest)
      77480 Durok, Dwarf Ranger (Balin)
      77440 Masumi, Demon Hunter (Tsunami)
      77320 Galadanoth, Elf Sniper (Elrohir)

Group shot:

That's totally not DDS2 in the background, I don't know what you're talking about. Pay no attention to that at all, totally not relevant. 

So, I'll make this post my timestamp (12:00 PM PST), and away we go!

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)