Arc 724

Baba Yaga Hut (w/ add-ons) by Eastern Front Studios [picture heavy]

Awesome job!  Very much enjoyed the ride to this point.  Thanks for sharing it with us!

• Like 1

That really turned out SPLENDIDLY. I love The Eye AND  the glowing glop in the pot is WONDERFUL. VERY WELL DONE!

Around here you can't over do the number of photos you post...the more the better.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rahz said:

Awesome job!  Very much enjoyed the ride to this point.  Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks! It has been a long trip. I"m at the stage of, "ahh what do I work on now, oh ya my personal miniatures!"

13 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Cool. The onion top is exceptional. Thanks for sharing.

THANKS! The first version of it was plain-jane I pulled up a picture of an onion and told me self to stare at it until i understood what made it an onion. LOL.

13 hours ago, Pochi said:

This came out beautifully! Really well done!

Much appreciated Pochi.

12 hours ago, malefactus said:

That really turned out SPLENDIDLY. I love The Eye AND  the glowing glop in the pot is WONDERFUL. VERY WELL DONE!

Around here you can't over do the number of photos you post...the more the better.

You're the best Malefactus! Ya I have more pictures on my website (link in my signature) 

12 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

Awesome.

Spoiler

253+Hut+of+Brown+Now+Sit+Down.JPG

HAHAH! That's great!!!

4 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

That ...is....amazing...!!!

THanks Xherman! Really Glad you like it. I need to get back on the hangout this weekend. 

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 4

I simply cannot get over how AMAZINGLY LIFELIKE that onion is!!! :wow: You did an absolutely splendid job, the eye in particular looks pretty incredible as well. Nicely done!! :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Everything about this is amazing, awesome job!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2017 at 3:32 AM, OneBoot said:

I simply cannot get over how AMAZINGLY LIFELIKE that onion is!!! :wow: You did an absolutely splendid job, the eye in particular looks pretty incredible as well. Nicely done!! :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Thanks! OneBoot :blush:

On 3/26/2017 at 7:22 AM, Gargs said:

Everything about this is amazing, awesome job!

I appreciate it! Thanks Gargs/ ::):

22 hours ago, Pillpeddler said:

That is awe inspiring.  'Nuff said.

Ha, Thanks Pillpeddler!

18 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

SKILLS

::): And in all caps, Thank you! wow. :blush: 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SirLarpsAlot
      WIP Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77998-3-color-challenge-on-lendil-blackroot/
      Challenge Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77990-cmpa-three-color-challenge/

I finished the painting on Lendil by adding some OSL. I found the purple hard to work with in terms of the effect. I wanted a brighter purple but the Royal Purple + Linen White didn't get nearly as vivid as I wanted. Instead, poor Lendil's staff is giving off a soft purple glow. It's fine, just not the final effect I was looking for. :)

I gave him a bit of a base. Just a couple of tufts and some mud. I need to start working on getting better at basing. I think that might be a thing for 2018.

• By Cyradis
      My D&D group's cleric picked the torch and scythe wielding townsfolk from this pack: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/townsfolk/latest/03123

My D&D group's cleric is an herbalist cleric. He provides the.... healing... herbs. Medicinal use herbs. He's an exceedingly chipper and happy character, much to the annoyance of the emo necrobard. 

But he uses a scythe, and decided to go with this figure. I don't like this figure. It has an ANGRY face. Super grumpy. All of the grump. Terrible choice for that character. 

Player told me that I didn't have to go high on the detail with it, so I didn't do as much as my usual. I still practiced OSL and I tried to turn the frown upside-down. I think the result is that he now looks like a very happy mass murderer, instead of just generically pissed. 

Anyway, rip it to shreds, lemme know what I can do better in the future. I didn't do the most exciting blending or layering or glazing by any stretch deliberately, though. 

I also was using a different location for my camera and I didn't feel like getting a perfect setup, so stuff is crooked and I'm not going to go back and take more photos. *HARUMPH*. 

• By Guindyloo
      I painted this lovely lady over the last week as my first project post-Reapercon. I wanted to apply some of the things that I learned but also have fun with her. 
      She was a really great learning experience, thanks to everyone who gave me great feedback in my WIP thread: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77557-01450-all-hallow’s-eve/&page=1

This was my first experience “flying blind” with NMM, as on previous attempts, I’d followed the highlighting of other painters’ examples. There is no painted example in the store yet, so I had to just wing it. @Kuro Cleanbrush gave me some much appreciated advice that I’m definitely going to keep using moving forward. 

This was was my first attempt at OSL, it’s not perfect by any means, but I’m pretty pleased with it. 

Let me know what y’all think, criticism is always very much wanted - it helps me learn and improve! 

• By Danilion
      So, here is a character of mine that just retired.  I decided to try and make her a little more detailed and finished.  In this session I was working on her hair, OSL, and a bit of blending (but that is in no way finished yet.) Thanks!
    • By Sanael
      Pretty happy with this guy. Sculpted by Victoria Lamb, I believe as a special edition of some kind, and sculpted very much with OSL in mind. I love it when a sculptor takes the painter so clearly into consideration when making a model, and this mini is a great example of a painter sculpting something they would like to paint (at least I assume so: Victoria Lamb is known for her OSL; her "Rescue of Sister Joan" is still one of the finest examples of the technique).

Anyway, if you want to see the process, check out the link to "Lunch Sessions II" in my sig.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)