Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AEdge

03371: Brock Battlebow and 03099: Klaus Copperthumb

10 posts in this topic

Very nicely done.  The shadows on the crossbowman read very natural.

1 person likes this

Always a pleasure to see your art!

1 person likes this

So smooth!

I love them!

Great skin and shadows, love the hair!

1 person likes this

Can never go wrong with red-headed dwarves!  Excellent work!

1 person likes this

Really excellent. 

1 person likes this

Well done! These guys look really GOOD! Nice smooth tranisitions

1 person likes this

These guys are awesome!  Well done!  Another artist for me to aspire to!

I really like these guys, they are some of the best that I have seen on this site!

1 person likes this

I like the red hair too. It seem to be a natural choice and it's probably due to Dwarf Slayer popularized by Warhammer. You did an excellent job on both of theme. My favorite part is the dark purple coat of Copperthumb. The beige highlight really bring a natural tast to the color. That's definitely a color I need to include in my pallet.

1 person likes this

Excellent paint jobs on them!!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I finished Reaper's Valloa, Female Elf Thief (SKU  3566), a fun little figure with a lot of attitude.  I am very happy with the blond hair on this one.  Her face was a bit miscast, so her one eye is a bit weird.  There had to be some reason she decided on this career choice...

• By skippen
      Well, here are some proper photos of my latest completed work.   Burak the dwarf from Mr. Lee's Minis.  It was a fun project.

• By Cyradis
      ^^ So that's the link to the WIP thread for this guy.

He did not turn out to be a fastish paint job. He turned into my experiment.

I put more work into highlighting the hair than I usually do. I got his bald dome more shiny than I have for past skin tones. I've done bits of freehand before, but this is the first fabric pattern freehand I've done (turned out a bit thicker than I would have preferred, but I still like it). 

First NMM for me ever. I may have been better off with a classic sword or straight line sort of thing, but ehh... this turned out okay for a first shot, I think. The axes took 3-4 hours 

And for good measure, I scuffed up his boots in the "sand", and put a shadow of him on the sand. 

I got my nice camera rolling, but not I am re-learning it. Got a diffused ring LED attached to it for lighting. Just a piece of gray-blue construction paper in the background. 

Comments, critiques, shrieks of "what in the heck is this junk?!" all welcome! 

• By Patrick Benjamin
      I was on a dwarf kick a while back while attempting to make a dungeon dive game. It was a practice on nonmetallic metals.  Thanks for looking.

• By PurpleLlama
      Here is a hero forge dwarf fighter I've been working on painting the last few days.  A friend in my D&D group convinced me to make one of these (before I found Reaper and other mini companies).  The detail is pretty good, but the price point was pretty high.  I went with the brass and if I had to do it over I would probably choose the high quality plastic.  I also didn't think about having paint all the nooks and crannies when designing this guy.

Let me know what you think so far.  C&C is always welcome.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)