Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AEdge

03371: Brock Battlebow and 03099: Klaus Copperthumb

10 posts in this topic

Very nicely done.  The shadows on the crossbowman read very natural.

1 person likes this

Always a pleasure to see your art!

1 person likes this

So smooth!

I love them!

Great skin and shadows, love the hair!

1 person likes this

Can never go wrong with red-headed dwarves!  Excellent work!

1 person likes this

Really excellent. 

1 person likes this

Well done! These guys look really GOOD! Nice smooth tranisitions

1 person likes this

These guys are awesome!  Well done!  Another artist for me to aspire to!

I really like these guys, they are some of the best that I have seen on this site!

1 person likes this

I like the red hair too. It seem to be a natural choice and it's probably due to Dwarf Slayer popularized by Warhammer. You did an excellent job on both of theme. My favorite part is the dark purple coat of Copperthumb. The beige highlight really bring a natural tast to the color. That's definitely a color I need to include in my pallet.

1 person likes this

Excellent paint jobs on them!!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I was feeling a bit nostalgic, alongside of the affection I already hold for old school miniatures, so I've decided to begin "repainting" some old figures I'd done way back when, I'm going to say in 1983 or before/after. I graduated high school in 1986 and after that totally forgot about miniatures until maybe around 2004.

Anyhow, I've repainted Frito the Thief, a Grenadier model I had when I was young.  With the new version, I did have to resculpt the nose because it was flattened by time.  My other issue was whether I wanted to keep the same color scheme or do something different.  Ultimately I stayed very similiarly with the clothing color scheme, but ended up changing the skin tone and hair color.  I kept an orange turban, but ended up muting the color a tad.  So here's the modern version:

and now the original version, painted sometime in the eighties:

and then a few side by side comparisons:

So what do you think, any progress over the last thirty- odd years? I've got a bunch of these that  I think I'm going to do as time permits.  They really are some very fun miniatures to paint.  The proportions aren't perfect, but they really do have lots of personality!
    • By CashWiley
      Goblin Agent 1 Goblin Agent 2 Dwarf Agent 1 Dwarf Agent 2 Orc Agent 1 Orc Agent 2 WIP: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76692-massive-darkness-agents/

• By Auberon
      The dwarf is the 5th figure that I have painted from the old Grenadier 2007 set.  It was so hideous that I never posted it, partially because I didn't really like the figure and just slapped some paint on it to call it done.  I mean, those eyes were just sculpted circles.  I filled the center with color, edge highlighted the raised outer edge, and then went around them with a shadow color.  If you are an aspiring sculptor... never ever sculpt eyes like it is 1980.  But I was talked into posting it, so blame 72moonglum and Volksfest for the horror.

For scale, here is the dwarf between and Infinity Nomad and a Reaper bugbear.  Knee-capping is her only option.

• By VolksFest
      "..The destruction was total. Whoever or whatever was destroying the forest it was very methodical and thorough about it. It was as if the very life itself was sucked clean out of anything and everything for miles in every direction. The air itself reeked of unspeakable, almost palpable evil..
      - Necromancers..
      Cursed Arthrand the Elven Ranger under his breath and spat as he stood up. He had faced their kind before and knew what he was up against.. But this time something was different.. Something much more sinister and afoul was at work.. He could not possibly defeat this new threat alone. He had to find others.. He had to form a war band to destroy utterly and completely who dared to touch his forest!

And he knew exactly where to start.."

So, I decided to speedily paint some of my bones in order to form a war band of 6-8 characters.. Arthrand will be the leader and he will go around town recruiting others to his cause.. 

It was supposed to be speed paint and the painting itself was done in two days, a total of 5-6 hours. The base however took me even more since my basing materials have disappeared mysteriously.. (Damned Necromancers! ) 
      So, once I get some decent flock I might do some re-basing. However I didn't fret too much about it since table-top is what I aim here.

As always, thanks for looking and C&C is always welcome.. I hope you will enjoy the adventures of Arthrand Nightblade as it is revealed to us.. 

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      I was tempted to remove his sword and replace it with a dollhouse coffee mug, but I've only got one of those left and I'm saving it to make molds from. Also it's a very nice sword. 
      The flesh wash puddled a bit more than I was expecting, but I decided to leave it as combined with the grey beard, it adds to the grizzled veteran look.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)