Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MojoBob

FitzBones: Tim the Enchanter

10 posts in this topic

Nice! I always wanted to paint this guy as Tim the Enchanter.

Posted (edited)

Cool!

Original take on him!

@ShadowRaven You gotta see this!

Edited by Xherman1964
1 person likes this

Great, now I have to order it. :lol:

This needs to be in the inspiration gallery. Seriously. With separate images though. 

I just painted this guy as well!  I thought it was a lot of fun!

Great job!

Nice job, that's a very inspiring miniature.

I think you capture the essence of Tim quite nicely....Seriously when I first saw this mini in the catalog I knew it was Tim. Who else could it be?

I'd call him 'very nicely painted'.

Good work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello!

I picked up the Bones version of Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer at Origins, and his nose is flattened compared to photos of the metal version. I have found one photo of another Corim and it looks like his nose is squashed in that one, too.

I'm assuming this is a casting flaw, and not an intentional feature. Do all of the Bones version of Corim have a squashed shnozz?

I know the days of gnomes with enormous noses are well past, but poor Corim should have at least some nose to speak of.
    • By Flaming Tiki
      While cleaning and prepping this wiz, I knocked off the top of his staff (which was kinda ugly anyway). Glued it back (CA and baking soda), no surprise, came off again. So something new is in order. I came up with this. At first I felt the skull was going to be too large, I'm okay with that. Now my concern is that it looks more, "headhunter-ish". I went to bed thinking a solid gold or chrome might "fix the cannibalistic" feel of it. Or I just go with the ever-popular (and a bit tired) crystal ball or gems. Opinions? The skull seems to "evil up' the character. I'm not partial as to his disposition, I/he could go evil or good,

Thanks for lookin'  - Joe

• By fanguad
      One of my friends came over today to paint, and I painted this custom HeroForge mini he ordered. She's apparently a Yuan-Ti pureblood PC in one of his games. There was some concept art with green eyes and purple clothing, so I used that to start with.

All told, she took around 4 hours. I'm quite happy with how she turned out... sitting and chatting and not agonizing over every decision made her fun and fast to paint.

Now, about the mini itself. Here is a fully zoom-in version of the image above. You can easily see the 3d printed layers, particularly on the base (which appeared not to have been perfectly horizontal in the printer), and on the raised arm. The picture doesn't necessarily draw attention to the same areas as the eye, but it's pretty obvious the layers are there if you spend any time looking at the mini. That said, for a tabletop piece it should be fine and the material itself took primer (and thus paint) just fine. The material had some flex to it, and there were only a few supports. Several small details were noticable, for example the details on the bag and the eyebrow piercings (which I didn't paint), but she was supposed to have more defined abs, which didn't show up. I don't think light sanding would have helped much - you would have to take off enough that you'd be seriously damaging the mini at that point. At $30 a pop, they're very expensive, but I could see it be worthwhile for a beloved character.
    • By fanguad
      I painted this mini for one of my friends as a gift. I love Patrick Keith's sculpts. I also love Jessica Rich's paint jobs featured on Dark Sword's gallery page for this mini - my first attempt at painting the breasts didn't look so great so I was able to use the close-ups to get them to come out much better.

Can you guess what character she is supposed to be?  I'm hoping some of you can get the right answer so that my friend will also be able to figure out who she is.

Hint

Answer

• By fanguad
      I started painting this pair quite some time ago, putting into practice some of the technique I learned in Jen Greenwald's class on painting whites at ReaperCon 2016. I finally put the finishing touches on them last night. Now I want to play a cool psychic character. I don't even know if they get familiars or anything.

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)