Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MojoBob

Blue Wizard

15 posts in this topic

He looks awesome! I really like the cloudy aspect of the blue highlights on its clothes. The color of the feather is adding a nice contrasting touch.

Nicely done! I like how vivid the blue is, and the green feather really pops :)

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

The blue robes are amazing, the feather is indeed a great contrast!

But you also painted all those little books, the candle superb!

I can't get over the way you painted those robes. It looks just like blue velvet. So cool!

Spoiler

barhat.jpg

1 person likes this

Nicely done! I have an unpainted him around here somewhere!

Really excellent. 

Oh that is absolutely stunning!

I love wizards and have been thinking about painting this guy.

I love his robes!  Beautiful!

Oh my word! I cant take my eyes off the robes! How did you get that velvety look?! The contrast of the feather and the oldness of the books.. Such attention to detail is rare. Awesome mini, very well done!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Oh my word! I cant take my eyes off the robes! How did you get that velvety look?!

It's just a couple of coats of a vallejo blue wash over a cerulean blue base coat. I kind of "puddled" the wash on, rather than brushing it out smoothly, so that it gave the kind of mottled effect. Then I reinforced various lines and creases with dark blue ink. Easy-peasy.

Edited by MojoBob
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, MojoBob said:

It's just a couple of coats of a vallejo blue wash over a cerulean blue base coat. I kind of "puddled" the wash on, rather than brushing it out smoothly, so that it gave the kind of mottled effect. Then I reinforced various lines and creases with dark blue ink. Easy-peasy.

It doesn't always have to be difficult, but the result is stunning!

So thx for sharing!

5 minutes ago, MojoBob said:

Easy-peasy indeed ^_^ Thanks for sharing.. It does sound easy but almost everything is "easy" to a master, no? :) 

Excellent work on him!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bojesphob
      I didn't have time to take better photos of this, too much going on recently to break out the DSLR, so I just used my phone camera. Not entirely enthused about the pics, but the mini itself was a BLAST to paint - probably my favorite non-dragon/large monster I've painted up so far! Once I got the color scheme thought through, I actually painted it up rather quickly. Tried a few new techniques on the stones on the base to make them seem a little more polished, which in person really stands out well :) Critiques?

• By SGHawkins09
      This is my planned Mousling diorama for ReaperCon. The idea start forming at last year's con and evolved into this: two Mousling thieves getting caught robbing a Mousling wizard. The base is built and it and the Mouslings are primed. That is all that is done for now so lots of painting remains as well as adding in details. I am really excited for this one and everything that I have planned.

• By Sharkbelly
      Here are some Spelljammer-esque minis that I have been working on. They've been in my collection for many years, so I don't really remember, but I think a few of them are Reaper.

Githyanki

Rogue

Cleric

Oriental Sorcerer

• By Lidless Eye
      I decided to get going on my entries for the Frostgrave Triple Sprue Challenge.  The idea is to convert the three mainstays of a Frostgrave warband; Wizard, Apprentice, and Captain.  You could only use a single sprue each from the Soldiers, Cultists, and Barbarian kits.

First up is Vismar the Obsessed, Wizard

He's never quite been the same since he found that staff made from the remains of a Magister of the Frozen City.

Next is the Apprentice, Cymon.

He's obsessed with that one simple hat trick. It would be more impressive if he summoned the rabbit rather than the Undead.

Up last is Sir Brodes, Captain

A life-long retainer to Vismar, Sir Brodes often regrets his family's pledge to the House of Vismar....much more often since they came to the Frozen City.

• By KingMob
      For your consideration, I offer Nolevniss Azrinae: Reaper Miniature 60162. 

Or in this Multiverse: Elariel Moonshadow

This elf Magi was an active sculpt to paint. The robes and cloak are dynamic in portrayal of wind movement and direction. The robes were long and laying folded in back, which suggests weight and volume. Limited palette with work on suggesting different textures of cloth. Teeny eyes. Delicate sculpt too with the hair and features. 

And the familiar was an enjoyable if not surreal sculpt. I was told by the person who wanted this painted, "And paint the baby dragon gold." When I popped my Opti-visor on I was like, "That's not a dragon..." This creature reminded me of the haemonculus familiar from earlier Dungeons and Dragons editions, while the head reminded me of an eye-less vampire bat. What you see is the result. Cute. (But you don't want to be left alone in the same room with it.) 

The staff is a weapon of Power - like Purple Name power. Spell book and scrolls along with bandolier pouches told me a story of a travelling Mage - even his staff clutched a simple stone at the foot to act as counterweight. 

But not a nice guy. 

I hope you enjoy him. :)

Peace and blessings.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)