Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MojoBob

Blue Wizard

15 posts in this topic

He looks awesome! I really like the cloudy aspect of the blue highlights on its clothes. The color of the feather is adding a nice contrasting touch.

Nicely done! I like how vivid the blue is, and the green feather really pops :)

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

The blue robes are amazing, the feather is indeed a great contrast!

But you also painted all those little books, the candle superb!

I can't get over the way you painted those robes. It looks just like blue velvet. So cool!

Spoiler

barhat.jpg

1 person likes this

Nicely done! I have an unpainted him around here somewhere!

Really excellent. 

Oh that is absolutely stunning!

I love wizards and have been thinking about painting this guy.

I love his robes!  Beautiful!

Oh my word! I cant take my eyes off the robes! How did you get that velvety look?! The contrast of the feather and the oldness of the books.. Such attention to detail is rare. Awesome mini, very well done!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Oh my word! I cant take my eyes off the robes! How did you get that velvety look?!

It's just a couple of coats of a vallejo blue wash over a cerulean blue base coat. I kind of "puddled" the wash on, rather than brushing it out smoothly, so that it gave the kind of mottled effect. Then I reinforced various lines and creases with dark blue ink. Easy-peasy.

Edited by MojoBob
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, MojoBob said:

It's just a couple of coats of a vallejo blue wash over a cerulean blue base coat. I kind of "puddled" the wash on, rather than brushing it out smoothly, so that it gave the kind of mottled effect. Then I reinforced various lines and creases with dark blue ink. Easy-peasy.

It doesn't always have to be difficult, but the result is stunning!

So thx for sharing!

5 minutes ago, MojoBob said:

Easy-peasy indeed ^_^ Thanks for sharing.. It does sound easy but almost everything is "easy" to a master, no? :) 

Excellent work on him!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0