Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Bandits! (Pic Heavy) 77507: Bandit Leader, 77508: Bandit Bully, 77509: Bandit Enforcer, 77510: Bandit Knocker, plus 2 GW Bretonnian ArchersBy Schirf
These were supposed to be quick paints but somehow I still managed to take near 3 weeks to finish them. Really like the Bandits but thought they needed a little ranged fire power, so I added a couple of old GW archers to the gang.
Now they just need a catchy name...
Haven't been able to get my lights out, I want to do some close up of some of these guys but here is their group shots. If/when I do, I'll update this thread :)
I did want to do a bit more detail on them but honestly I'm suffering from can't see syndrome so I left it for now. Maybe when my eyes improve I can get some more done on them.
So I've had a Tau force since the large scale Armageddon event/stuff pretty much happened a good ten years ago, and it's been in a state of "left on the side in the boxes" for a while now.... While I'd love to wrap up my Catachans first, I wound up starting on the Tau simply because I had a few ideas for them come to mind and figured I'd give it a go, and hopefully come up with a cohesive colouration by the time it's all said and done
Most of the assembled minis were spray primered in black years ago, and I'm not really a fan of black as my primer anymore (I switched to light grey a while after these guys were primered), so first order of business was to give them a new base coat consisting of two parts white brush on primer, and one part grey liner. The next coat consisted of lava orange (for the orange bits), and then an equal 1:1:1 of Mountain Stone, Terran Khaki, and Desert Sand for the second colour. Sadly, I totally forgot what I did for the "boots", but odds are I'll be changing that colour up as I'm not all the happiest with it at the moment. I also used Ebony Flesh for some quick lining, but I'm still indecisive about my thoughts on such.
Follow up coat for the orange was two parts lava orange, one part Dragon Red, and I think it was four drops of water...
That's not quite where things are right now though.... They're definitely in the "ugly" stage, since I decided I would experiment with, of all things, a complete wash coat made of Pure Black and about six drops of water...
While I did wind up losing a good amount of that gorgeously bright orange, I'm kind of liking how it has this almost "faded off in the sun" burnt feel to it... Next time though I'm going to be more careful about it's application, because wow there's a decent amount of cleanup in some areas. I like how the pants came out though ^_^;;;;
I'll have more pics later today, wasn't able to get pics off the G85 with enough time to edit them
I got a bunch of ogres in Bones 3. Since there are only a couple sculpts I looked to convert them to make them not all the same.
i saw a conversion using GW ogre parts. I think on these forums but I’m not sure.
Anyway. Here is a picture of a GW ogre, a bones ogre, and then my converted/ painted ogre. I haven’t painted in around 9 months... so first time at bat in a long good while. Also tried my hand at some Viking rune tattoos.
Who's Online 32 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Green Eyed Monster
- Bane Of Humanity
- Chris Palmer
- Mad Jack