Sieutom

77157 Griffon

15 posts in this topic

love this, great wings . 

2 people like this

Excellent wings!

also love the subtle shading on the beak, good job!!!

2 people like this

I love how dark you painted it. Somehow that makes it look more natural than many other approaches I've seen. The lighter feathers against the black works especially well. The dark talons and underbelly were also great choices.

It almost looks like you only used about 4 colors. The overall distribution of black and gold is so well balanced. Wow. :wow:

8 people like this

Love those wings!

2 people like this

Love the wings! He looks great!

2 people like this

The shading on the feathers looks so natural!! Nicely done indeed, it turned out fantastic!

Seeing the great job you did makes me want to paint mine! :lol:

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

3 people like this

Yep, you nailed it! Those wings are just awesome, shading higlighting and the choice of colors is jut top notch!

2 people like this

He looks great with the darker tones!

1 person likes this

Very nice!

I like the wings, obviously, but also the feathers on his head.

1 person likes this

this is my favorite griffin!

1 person likes this

Thanks all! Extremely positive feedback which encourages me to keep on painting (yay, mission accomplished!).

The few pants are all Vallejo:

- Beasty Brown from Game Air for the belly

- Burnt Umber from Model Air for the head and dark feathers

- Yellow Ochre from Model Air for the backside

Drybrush over with GW Sylvaneth Bark/Tyrant Skull

The white feathers were washed with 3 different browns from Vallejo Model Air from the lighter to the darker ones.  

I'm really just an apprentice so I need to quote my sources. For the inspiration I watched this tutorial. For the feathers washes this one was very useful. 

Cheers

2 people like this

Wow! Inspiring! Time to basecoat my Griffin.

1 person likes this

Excellent work on this Griffon!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pinkymadigan
      I don't even know what this model is in Oldhammer, let along Age of Sigmar. But I liked it (part of a big army deal with rats and elves, I play the rats) and wanted to paint something not Undead, not rats, and to help build my KoW collection (my opponents now use him as a Drakon Lord). My NMM gold always turns out a lot better than my NMM silver, so I decided my elves, when I eventually paint them, will have gold in their scheme.

• By Lady Cleanbrush
      I know I'm terribly late getting this on here, but here's the completed work of my Griffon Samurai! I entered 2 pieces in the Painters category at ReaperCon and this is the one they decided to judge. I couldn't believe my ears when they called my name for a gold medal!! At first I was certain that I missed my name for the bronze or silver categories! I owe it all to the wonderful tutelage of my husband!! He taught me what he knew and gave me the encouragement and motivation to keep going when I wanted to give up! I am truly blessed!! 

Whelp, as some have already said, it's all down hill from here! I'm already thinking of ideas for my next piece (possibly a diarama). Thanks again to everyone who has given constructive criticism and encouragement since I joined this forum!! You all are the best!!!
    • By Rickdraco
      Hey again, after some work, I have now finished another miniature to the point where I am happy to show it off!  This time it is the Reaper Bones Griffon miniature,  I have been fairly traditional with this one, using Army Painter Warpaints and Quickshade Inks.   I think I have done a fairly good job on this one, comments, criticisms, and advice all gratefully received!!

• By Melkavar
      The hunter tightened his grip on his bow, preparing to draw his arrow to his ear. He had followed the trail of his quarry, a mighty wild boar, into the clearing ahead. A sudden crunching sound, like breaking bone, made him freeze in his tracks. He cautiously crept forward and peered around the trunk of an ancient oak. The vision of pure majesty he saw within the clearing stole his breath. There, a mighty golden griffon was finishing its meal of wild boar. The hunter slowly, deliberately relaxed his hold and returned his arrow to its quiver. He clasped a hand over his heart and bowed his head toward the regal creature. He would find other game elsewhere, for this meat had been claimed by the King of Beasts and the King of Birds.

Only have the base work left to do, figure paint is essentially done unless I find something that needs touch-up.
    • By Bonwirn
      Was wondering if anyone new the dimensions on this fine looking specimen!

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/griffon/latest/03662
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)