I'm not usually a fan of filthy xenos but these look great! The cheque marks are very straight.

• Like 1

I have no idea what a Harequin is, but your paint jobs are straight up amazing! That first assassin looking one is :wub:

The skull helmet sniper with the sickle blade on his gun is also beautifully done. The green, charcoal, white and copper color scheme looks like it could come right out of a comic book. Especially like the way you heavily darkened the copper right where it meets the muzzle. Beautiful work as always.

Thanks.

Harlequins exist primarily as an excuse to paint garish patterns on minis.  They are a sub faction  of space elves (eldar) in Warhammer 40,000.

• Like 4

I have a box of original Rogue Trader Harlequins I found at a used bookstore... but the new ones are far more dynamic.

And far less cheap. ::(:

• Like 4

These are done in a more muted pallette than typical. Especially the brown one. They are gorgeous. I would picture these is there actual battle uniforms, whereas the GW paintjobs would be more of a parade uniform. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      I finished Mr. Decker, and he's doing swell! 

Goals with him: Pinstripe pants. Patterned tie. Two-hue hat band. Stubble. In these regards, I think he's a success! I also experimented with different shading methods on the coat and the shirt. I think the shirt kinda came out textured, and that's okay. Only the base, coat, and hat have been sealed (adds a slightly satiny finish that I didn't want on the rest). This is also the first figure I've used a stamp for - in the future I'll be making the greenstuff stamped area thinner. This isn't quite horizontal. He'd be an excellent piece for a diorama, but he's going to a friend in Minnesota instead. Perhaps I'll paint him again in the future for one. 

Story for his belt: that's his homicide detective belt. When the belt matches the hat, there's been some bad broccoli around that needs his inspection. Actual reason: I wanted more contrast areas and liked it. 

Story thus far by @Glitterwolf and @SisterMaryNapalm in the WIP below: 

Without further ado.... here he is. C&C always welcome! 

• By aku-chan

Little is known of Father Mordicais past, before he pledged his allegiance to the God of Plagues, but the speed at which he and his Chalice Of Filth warband have gained notoriety amongst the multitudes that battle for the attentions of the Dark Gods make him someone to be feared and respected.

Presenting Father Mordicai - The Lord of Corruption, he is the leader of one half of Games Workshops latest Warhammer 40K starter set.

Not completely happy with this one.
      Made a mess basing him, there's sand all clumped up around his feet. I also couldn't get his arms to attach properly (they dry-fitted perfectly at the start, so I'm not sure what changed), leaving a sizeable gap around his shoulders.
      At least I didn't do too terrible of a job painting him.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Corporea
      Well I'll call her done!  I had fun with this project and it sort of evolved as I progressed. I like that about painting.  Sometimes I start with a fully realized idea but other times as I paint new things occur to me.  I feel like I'm falling into a rut with these mirror effects, but no jezebel would be complete without some vanity! Oh well.  I'll try to branch out in the future!  At any rate, my wip is here and I'm happy to answer questions and whatnot.  Enjoy!  see everyone in Texas sooooooon!!!

I broke out my specs on this one to do the face.  My eye doctor says they're fine but I swear my eyes are going... this whole turning 40 thing sucks, btw...
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      When I got back into painting in October of 2015, these were among the first minis I bought. Since I'd been painting undead mostly when life got in the way years ago, I thought it appropriate to begin again with the same.(I also got a couple boxes of Zombicide VIPs undead are the easiest things to paint and after an 11 year gap I needed something forgiving at first) However I didn't actually get them done until Halloween of 2016. It was also my first attempt at freehand in years.
    • By Eternalhero1983
      Alpha Legion Primaris Intercessors Marine 

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)