imars

77120: Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin, 77176: Familiars faerie dragon and cat

This was the last of the Tieflings (aka Hellborn) in my set. I could probably use more, since my campaign is full of Tieflings. This particular familiar set is also done. Yay! Of the other familiar set, I only have the winged-snake left.

There is nothing special about the cat. He was just too small for me to do much with. He just got a dry-brushing in gray. The faerie dragon I wanted to give brilliant blue wings, but I imagined that if he folded his wings they would be more camoflage, so I went with browns.

The paladin was fun to paint. I should have done something with his shield. I imagined some kind of flame motif, but just did not have any good ideas.

DSC04243.JPG

DSC04242.JPG

DSC04241.JPG

• Like 16

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

That Tiefling came out great! Love the way you painted his armor. 

Thanks! It was simply dry-brushing with Army Painter Gun Metal, Platemail, Silver, then a soft tone over the scale mail. The shield I did a light brushing of Bronze over top.

44 minutes ago, Pillpeddler said:

Gpod job.  The fairy dragon wings are excellent, I don't envy you painting those teeny tiny wing patterns.  Very cool.

Now that I have reading glasses, it is much easier. :lol:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      I picked this up to paint for my girlfriend as Lon reminds me of her dog Erebus. He was fun to paint, although looking at the photo I can see a lot of flash I missed. As Erebus is female I probably should have done Lon's trousers in pink or the same teal shade as Erebus's collar and leash.

• By Valthorn_Illian
      Went a bit crazy and felt the call of the mini. Painted this in a single afternoon. Starting to get a hang on wet blending.

• By planetmut
      My girlfriend's been fascinated by Antarctic exploration for a few months so when I saw that Reaper make an Antarctic Explorer figure, I had to get it and paint it for her. Here he is photographed in front of a porcelain iceberg she picked up at an art exhibit. She was really happy that I'd painted it for her but it took her about 30 seconds to say, "Isn't that the main guy from that Thing movie??"...

• By Pochi
      Here is Count Lorenth ready to receive his lady's favor and dazzle the crowds at the tournament.

• By jonaas33
      Finally got around to painting this awesome fig today.  I was torn between painting it like a lava monster or a blue/green chameleon.  I am running an adventure next weekend that takes place deep inside a mountain, so I decided on the lava lizard style so I have a little something extra to throw at the party if they are having too easy of a time.  I am definitely going to snag another one of these to paint with bright greens and blues at some point though.  I think I will also go over the feathers on the head along with the arm hair later this week to brighten them up a little.  I wanted those parts to be the biggest feature, so I want them to look blazing hot.  Critiques and advice are always welcome, thank you in advance!

• Who's Online   30 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)