imars

77120: Vaeloth, Hellborn Paladin, 77176: Familiars faerie dragon and cat

This was the last of the Tieflings (aka Hellborn) in my set. I could probably use more, since my campaign is full of Tieflings. This particular familiar set is also done. Yay! Of the other familiar set, I only have the winged-snake left.

There is nothing special about the cat. He was just too small for me to do much with. He just got a dry-brushing in gray. The faerie dragon I wanted to give brilliant blue wings, but I imagined that if he folded his wings they would be more camoflage, so I went with browns.

The paladin was fun to paint. I should have done something with his shield. I imagined some kind of flame motif, but just did not have any good ideas.

DSC04243.JPG

DSC04242.JPG

DSC04241.JPG

• Like 16

1 hour ago, CorallineAlgae said:

That Tiefling came out great! Love the way you painted his armor. 

Thanks! It was simply dry-brushing with Army Painter Gun Metal, Platemail, Silver, then a soft tone over the scale mail. The shield I did a light brushing of Bronze over top.

44 minutes ago, Pillpeddler said:

Gpod job.  The fairy dragon wings are excellent, I don't envy you painting those teeny tiny wing patterns.  Very cool.

Now that I have reading glasses, it is much easier. :lol:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BellTower
      Painted Amiri up as a Goliath barbarian.
    • By Zink
      Grabbed this mini because I wanted to try out the Golden skin triad. I've also been reading and watching a bunch of painting tutorials and wanted to do a better job than my usual slop and smear. Pretty happy with how she turned out but disappointed somewhat with the metal on the weapons and her hair. Didn't realise you can't see her eyes very good in the photo until now but I even did a decent job on them. Would be happy to get any feedback on how to improve her hair and weapons. Someday I need to get some makeup tips too because whenever I try to do it on my lady's they look like a drunken nightmare.

• By SparrowMarie
      I started a second first giant queen recently. I've done a fair amount of work on her so far but still have a long way to go.

• By Pingo
      The thread about the Drider and centaur I Frankensteined up from some Reaper and Citadel parts reminded me of this little gem I put together this summer as part of a coterie of Drow.

I was originally inspired by the Reaper Bones Conversions thread Chaoswolf started, which had some cool examples of substituting Bones torsos on the Bones Dark Elf Arachnid Warriors. Since Bones are so easy to cut and carve up and glue together, I thought I'd give it a try.

So this is the spider body from Reaper #77182, Arachnid Archer, and the upper half of #77057, Juliette, Female Sorceress. I carved her carefully to leave a peg for the spider body, and I've carved out little sockets on the spider body for the bags and flasks around her waist.

This is a dry fitting, where you can see the way the two pieces more or less fit together under the waist:

Here she is glued. I used epoxy (I know, I know, but I like its space-filling qualities). I left it thin on the back of her torso and added another layer once it had dried, let it get to the gloopy sticky phase, and carved some striations in it with a bamboo skewer to match the hairiness of the spider body.

Here she is primed with Reaper Brown Liner, ready to paint:

• By EldritchEladrin
      Sculpt by Bobby Jackson.

This Halloween themed project was stolen borrowed from a comment made by @strawhat in the "Acquisitions" thread, Re: the shiny orange MSP sample. He suggested that the Halloween Knight would look good with shiny orange plate mail and a white pumpkin head.

So that's what I did:

Very pleased with how this piece turned out! The shiny is much shinier in person, but I think my favourite part, is the use of a white pumpkin. Definitely the right call!

Paints I used for the majority of the work:

Also made use of MSP Shadowed Stone for the shield, and MSP Pale Olive for cape highlights.

As always, comments welcome! :)
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)