Crowley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

On 3/31/2017 at 5:30 AM, David Brawley said:

The Frequently Ignored "Rules"
1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted between 12:01AM and 5AM GMT.
3.5 (Rule 3 may be the 3rd most broken rule.)
4. Everyone is encouraged to submit questions to be posted by me via PM.
5. You do not have to answer every question...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why are always fun).

Question for Friday, April -1st

Did this throw you off?

Do you have any tricks planned for tomorrow?

I'm  fool 384 days of the year, so yes. The problem with April Fools' Days is that nobody believes any incredulous news that I have.

Happy March 32nd, everybody.

• Like 10

There are certain places that it is a good idea simply not to BE at.

Any major shopping emporium at any point on Black Friday, for example. 

In a packed stadium right when a ref makes an EXTREMELY unpopular call.

Hell. This pretty much defines Hell, really.

And the last example: a middle school on an ordinary school day that happens to be April 1.

HAPPY SATURDAY, EVERYONE!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Happy March 32nd, everybody.

That's what my clock says, too.  (It's a very old mechanical clock).

• Like 6

15 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for April Fool's Day (not fools related)

Given the losses that were shared yesterday, share a favorite memory you have (or more than one if you want) of an animal companion who made your life better. 

Sun Dance (Sunny for short) was one of the sweetest cats I've ever had. She passed several years ago from a stroke.

sunny.jpg.be8e7a500eb32b7e847915b9cdb67f89.jpg

• Like 13

I had a dwarf rabbit when I was younger and she would chew on everything, except wires. She learned her lesson when she shocked herself two or three times. I used to sit on the ground when I played my PS2. This gave her the ability to nuzzle in my lap or flop next to my legs. On cold days when I wore hoodies she would burrow into the large pocket and doze off. One day, she was chewing on the remnants of her cardboard box (from the inside of the box) and it came tumbling down on top of her. :lol::lol::lol:

I have never seen her scamper that quick. She made a beeline for my pocket and I could feel her tremble. Haha. I calmed her down with fresh fruit and veggie slices.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Given the losses that were shared yesterday, share a favorite memory you have (or more than one if you want) of an animal companion who made your life better. 

Given that my cat just started getting sick last night and no vets are open on the weekend here, the timing of this question is terrible.

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Given that my cat just started getting sick last night and no vets are open on the weekend here, the timing of this question is terrible.

Oh no.

::o:

Poor Marmalade. 

• Like 1

Ahh, hugs, Pezler!! <3

23 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Well. I typed a bunch and it's gone. T^T Have some photos instead.

Bo (cropped ears) and Demi were two female Dobermans I had growing up. I didn't get to socialize much as a kid, so I spent a lot of time with them, especially during the summers.

Once my chores were done, I'd bring a book (often LotR) and blanket and curl up with them - Demi on my left, with her head resting on my lap, and Bo, leaning on my right.

If I became too engrossed in a novel and forgot to read out loud, Bo would grumble, shove her big head under my arm, and boop my face with her nose. :lol: 

Once I'm confident in my sculpting skills, I want to sculpt that memory. It's my fondest teen memory before I met my other half.

They are on my inspiration wall here. I never got to say goodbye when they were put down, and I left home shortly after.

17757966_418773185165439_381845915_n.jpg.ca715f6d4039926aeced4ac600950c87.jpg

Right now, my love and I have two cats: our fearless sentinel Kai and his languid fluffball of a sister, Seyda.

Kai is too funny - he's almost doglike with his energy and enthusiasm, but his love of boxes and extremely inquisitive nature is 100% cat! We call him our sentinel because he patrols our apartment every night, meowing at the shadows to keep us safe. :lol: 

kai.thumb.jpg.bf3a8bebda663bcad7f069122b86fea8.jpg

Seyda... Seyda is so good to me. I've spoiled her rotten for affection, yes, but she sleeps with me every night, curled up in the crook of my arm or on my chest. The pressure of being sandwiched between cat and husband is weirdly comforting to me... She's amazing at calming me down when I'm close to overloading my fear or stress bucket at night. Maybe she knows because of my heartrate or something. She'll move about so she can put both front paws on my face, and the gesture is enough to hook me back to reality and calm me down, because cute, soft cat.

20150127_111259.thumb.jpg.79f4d7522355b2b8f23c8a369097b419.jpg

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 16

On 3/31/2017 at 7:30 AM, David Brawley said:

Question for Friday, April -1st

Did this throw you off?

Do you have any tricks planned for tomorrow?

I didn't think of it at the time, but I guess I pranked someone for April Fools....

Look Here

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Couldn't like..

Hope all will be well!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

So sorry to hear this.

• Like 2

At Castle Bedlam, in the evenings, the hobby room gets shut down anywhere between eight and nine, and all the animals are shooed out so we can kill all the lights and shut the door.
Sheldon the Jello Cat does not want to leave, and oozes into a spot in the closet, a place under my workbench, a gap in Berni’s stacks of fabric. Pocky the Gray Tabby looks at us, uncomprehending. Sunny and Freckles, the dogs, look on with interest but do not move. And The Doom Cat figures it out. “Peep?” he says. “Peeeeeeeeeep?”
The Doom Cat, a yellow eyed feline of purest black, who’d not look out of place in any witch’s hut, does not meow. He peeps. And when the hobby room is about to close for the night, that peep becomes a desperate interrogative. Because the way to empty out the hobby room in a hurry involves going downstairs and shaking the plastic jar of kitty krunchies.
Doom is generally first downstairs, followed by Pocky. Katie Cat isn’t much for the hobby room -- too crowded for her tastes -- but she’ll come galumphing down, followed by Sheldon. Freckles and Sunny will trot down, too; Sunny likes pretty much anything a cat will eat. Or a human. Or the contents of the catbox. But I digress.
Anyway, all the critters have a snack while Berni stealthily switches off the lights and closes the door. Until recently, that was the pattern.
Trouble is, Doom is so darn adorable when he peeeeeeps. He doesn’t peep at other cats, or the dogs. He trills, purrs, snarls, and uses regular cat language. Only with humans does he peep. And Berni took to peeping BACK at him. This leads to a short conversation in which Berni and Doom are cheerfully peeping back and forth while one of us is headed downstairs for the jar of kitty krunchies. But over time, the other critters picked it up. Doom still peeps. Always has. But now, when a HUMAN peeps... particularly in the children’s hour, the time between 8 and 9 pm or so... when a HUMAN is heard to peep... it immediately triggers a mass reaction. Right time of day? We don’t even have to shake the treat jar any more. “Peeeep?”
“Peeeeeeeeep!” (all animals leap to their feet and rampage down the stairs for the kitchen)
It’s handy. Now we don’t need two people to pull this stunt. Now one of us peeps, and all the critters stampede out of the hobby room. Easy.
But I’m still wondering whether we trained them... or if Doom trained us...
  • Like 12

Nope can't read that. 

Quoting to destroy formatting. 

Edited by TGP

52 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:
At Castle Bedlam, in the evenings, the hobby room gets shut down anywhere between eight and nine, and all the animals are shooed out so we can kill all the lights and shut the door.
Sheldon the Jello Cat does not want to leave, and oozes into a spot in the closet, a place under my workbench, a gap in Berni’s stacks of fabric. Pocky the Gray Tabby looks at us, uncomprehending. Sunny and Freckles, the dogs, look on with interest but do not move. And The Doom Cat figures it out. “Peep?” he says. “Peeeeeeeeeep?”
The Doom Cat, a yellow eyed feline of purest black, who’d not look out of place in any witch’s hut, does not meow. He peeps. And when the hobby room is about to close for the night, that peep becomes a desperate interrogative. Because the way to empty out the hobby room in a hurry involves going downstairs and shaking the plastic jar of kitty krunchies.
Doom is generally first downstairs, followed by Pocky. Katie Cat isn’t much for the hobby room -- too crowded for her tastes -- but she’ll come galumphing down, followed by Sheldon. Freckles and Sunny will trot down, too; Sunny likes pretty much anything a cat will eat. Or a human. Or the contents of the catbox. But I digress.
Anyway, all the critters have a snack while Berni stealthily switches off the lights and closes the door. Until recently, that was the pattern.
Trouble is, Doom is so darn adorable when he peeeeeeps. He doesn’t peep at other cats, or the dogs. He trills, purrs, snarls, and uses regular cat language. Only with humans does he peep. And Berni took to peeping BACK at him. This leads to a short conversation in which Berni and Doom are cheerfully peeping back and forth while one of us is headed downstairs for the jar of kitty krunchies. But over time, the other critters picked it up. Doom still peeps. Always has. But now, when a HUMAN peeps... particularly in the children’s hour, the time between 8 and 9 pm or so... when a HUMAN is heard to peep... it immediately triggers a mass reaction. Right time of day? We don’t even have to shake the treat jar any more. “Peeeep?”
“Peeeeeeeeep!” (all animals leap to their feet and rampage down the stairs for the kitchen)
It’s handy. Now we don’t need two people to pull this stunt. Now one of us peeps, and all the critters stampede out of the hobby room. Easy.
But I’m still wondering whether we trained them... or if Doom trained us...

Cats are the only creatures that domesticated themselves. They've learned to do communications specifically because humans register them to be cute.

They are pleased that you are an obedient puppet.

• Like 8