David Brawley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

791 posts in this topic

Last move was, August something 2004. That same day my daughter started kindergarten. We bought a house that summer that was in the boundaries of the grade school we wanted the kids to grow up in.

If we were to move again it'd be after the kids have moved out & on their own & it'd probably be either Eugene, Bend or Portland (more likely a suburb of). Hate this side of the state.

5 people like this

11 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for Wednesday, April 19th

When was the last time you moved? When do you think will be the next?

My last move was approx 12 years ago.

As to my next?  Part of me hopes the answer is Never.  I detest moving home.  I hate everything about it from looking for a new flat, to throwing away unwanted crap, packing up wanted crap and arranging for it all to be moved to the new place then having to unpack it all and put it away properly.

Blech.  Even the thought of it makes me slightly sick in the stomach...

Edited by Jokemeister
10 people like this

Last move was at the start of this year. I hope I don't have to move for a while.

8 people like this

Last move was Dec 31 2009, when we bought our house. Don't know when the next one will be. Maybe 5 years, maybe 10.

5 people like this

11 Months ago when I moved to the US.  I don't know when I will move next.  When I am done with PhD most likely. Where....even better question.

5 people like this

On 4/18/2017 at 1:04 PM, pinkymadigan said:

Not to delve too far into political territory, but I think we can all agree that paying people with tax money and then taxing them on it is a bit silly. I mean, I get it, but it's silly. "Here's some money, now give a part of it back please".

Exactly, it just seems innefficient. 

14 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for Wednesday, April 19th

When was the last time you moved? When do you think will be the next?

Currently, mired in the process... :mellow:::(:

Edited by TGP
merged posts merged ungracefully
4 people like this

Question for Thursday, 4/20

If you were going to name a new flavor(mix? blend?) of cannabis, what would it be?

5 people like this

4/20: Nam Shub of Enki

8 people like this

10 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

If you were going to name a new flavor(mix? blend?) of cannabis, what would it be?

Black Goat (of the Woods)

8 people like this

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

I'm an oddball in that I've never done any version of this (medical or otherwise).   I have no interest in knowing or naming a flavor of it, sorry guys, gals, and otherwise.  Have fun storming the castle today, everyone.

11 people like this

5 minutes ago, Darkmeer said:

I'm an oddball in that I've never done any version of this (medical or otherwise).   I have no interest in knowing or naming a flavor of it, sorry guys, gals, and otherwise.  Have fun storming the castle today, everyone.

Not so odd; I've never tried it.  Funnily, as I've gotten older, I've been curious to try it, but the possibility of random drug tests at work and the fact that failing one of those is grounds for immediate termination has really tamped down any real push to try it.  That all being said, there are some wacky names for the wacky tabacky, and it's a fun creative writing exercise. 

8 people like this

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

Torgo

6 people like this