David Brawley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

1029 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for Thursday, 4/20

If you were going to name a new flavor(mix? blend?) of cannabis, what would it be?

"Kolinski Sable"

13 people like this

If you were going to name a new flavor(mix? blend?) of cannabis, what would it be?

I'd have to name it "Why'd you pick this stuff up again after 17 years?"

7 people like this

I've never been into that. Tried it many years ago but it was not my thing. I have to deal with continuous chronic pain all over my body for many years and would consider, maybe, trying it if it was legal in my state. I don't even like to take low strength pain meds and the powerful stuff scares the crap out of me. Cannabis makes people relaxed, right? I also have severe chronic fatigue and don't need to feel even more lethargic. Also, doesn't cannabis make people eat more? With all of my back problems I wouldn't want something that would make me eat more. I barely eat as it is and weigh 190 pounds. At 5'10" that isn't too terrible, but no thank you.

7 people like this

3 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I've never done it and don't have any particular interest in trying it either, I just though it was an appropriate question for the day that I hoped would end up with some really puntastic answers!

Agree with your sentiment for the day.  Riding a wave of migraine misery today.  Many apologies for coming across as a complete jerk with my comments, David.  I reread my comments and I came across as rather bitter and angry about something that I shouldn't have. 

6 people like this

1 minute ago, Darkmeer said:

Agree with your sentiment for the day.  Riding a wave of migraine misery today.  Many apologies for coming across as a complete jerk with my comments, David.  I reread my comments and I came across as rather bitter and angry about something that I shouldn't have. 

No worries. People are allowed to have both strong opinions (on what is in most places an illegal drug) and bad days. I hope your head feels better soon! Had it been about cigarettes, you'd have gotten a similarly aggressive reply.

5 people like this

5 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

No worries. People are allowed to have both strong opinions (on what is in most places an illegal drug) and bad days. I hope your head feels better soon! Had it been about cigarettes, you'd have gotten a similarly aggressive reply.

Thank you, I was still wrong, but thank you.  Thing is I don't care one way or another (avoiding beekeepers here, but I'm pro-legalization, despite having no interest in the stuff myself). 

6 people like this

On 4/19/2017 at 10:30 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

August of '07; when we bought and moved into this house.  We'll be here for 6 more years, until the youngest graduate High School.  After that, it will depend on how seriously I look for a job elsewhere.  I've got decent job prospects and networking in this area.  not so much elsewhere.  So even though Awesome Wife keeps talking about moving somewhere it doesn't snow, we'll have to see what the future brings.

I know you deal with sardine cans, and those agoraphobic peeps who sail them, but I don't know 'exactly' what you do. Always got an idea it was in something mechanical and some such. 

And though the military connections are more army around here, there is a decent amount of industry in regards to boats targets even though we are in the middle of the country. We even have a ship builder in these parts. So who knows... maybe I will be able to feed Awesome Wife ideas about how nice the weather is down here. (And it is right now. 80 degrees, trees coming into full leaf, got my vegetables all planted. It's like summer is here.) 

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I know you deal with sardine cans, and those agoraphobic peeps who sail them, but I don't know 'exactly' what you do. Always got an idea it was in something mechanical and some such. 

And though the military connections are more army around here, there is a decent amount of industry in regards to boats targets even though we are in the middle of the country. We even have a ship builder in these parts. So who knows... maybe I will be able to feed Awesome Wife ideas about how nice the weather is down here. (And it is right now. 80 degrees, trees coming into full leaf, got my vegetables all planted. It's like summer is here.) 

I don't do mechanical (much); I'm the other side of the group: electronics.  I repair and retest communications and electronic warfare systems for the most part.  Down to various initiatives and "reasons", most ships don't have sailors who are able to repair their own gear (other than minor problems).  Since my training predated those initiatives, and I have 24 years of experience fixing these kinds of systems I assist in the the shop full of sailors whose job it is to fix these systems (who don't have the experience fixing them, but that's why I'm there).

8 people like this

Mechanical, electrical... you bang on stuff and then fix stuff... about the same thing right? *ducks*

Ok, ok, one is more about the rotational force applied to some shaft or something, and the other is more about Ohm's law, resistance and electrons flying about. I was using the word mechanical inaccurately, and incorrectly to mean 'fix stuff'. 

But it sounds like a nice gig. Probably wouldn't cross over into tanks, would it?

Aw well, awesome wife might just have to learn to live with the snow... but the weather is great down here. Didn't have to shovel once this year. Barely needed to scrap off my windshield. 

7 people like this

1 minute ago, Thes Hunter said:

Mechanical, electrical... you bang on stuff and then fix stuff... about the same thing right? *ducks*

Ok, ok, one is more about the rotational force applied to some shaft or something, and the other is more about Ohm's law, resistance and electrons flying about. I was using the word mechanical inaccurately, and incorrectly to mean 'fix stuff'. 

But it sounds like a nice gig. Probably wouldn't cross over into tanks, would it?

Aw well, awesome wife might just have to learn to live with the snow... but the weather is great down here. Didn't have to shovel once this year. Barely needed to scrap off my windshield. 

Well we will have to see.  She is usually pretty good about getting her way.  My major concern is that both of our parents are getting up there in age.  We now live 2 hours from each of them and can get there in case something happens.  I don't want to move somewhere for a couple of years, just to move back due to health issues.

6 people like this

Yeah, I hear you there. My parents want to move down here (because of the nicer weather) but still not be 'too far' from home. As soon as I nail down a 'permanent' job, we will probably start working on moving them down. 

6 people like this

Okayama...

Fill me in on the reason 4 / 20 is funny / related to smoking sativa...

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Hawaiian Thunder Bomb

5 people like this

8 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Hawaiian Thunder Bomb

I knew a Hawaiian, and you're right, he was pretty gassy! ::P:

Just kidding of course. 

4 people like this