Harrek

Cancelled
Dark Sword Miniatures – Stephanie Law Masterworks RPG Minis

34 posts in this topic

And a new Dark Sword KS has started.

2 people like this

Uhhh pretty stuff.

I like how their male druid and mage don't look like they're 300 years old.

Still being new to this kickstarter thing, they're talking about stretch goals, but there are none announced yet. How did this previously work with Dark Sword?

Also, June seems so soon, but than again, we already see sculpts. Do you guys think that's realistic at all?

Posted (edited)

I like how all the sculpts have a younger feel to them.  Dark sword has made all of their release dates.  I would bet that molds are already done and ready to go.

Stretch goals in the past sometimes added free figures to the KS.  But often it was add on bundles of figures at a very nice discount.  Who knows what Jim has up his sleeve!

Edited by Harrek
1 person likes this

Yes, very suiting for adventurers in their prime. 

The lady with the harp in the title picture is an already existing DS miniature, I assume?

In the past Darksword kickstarters have had most if not all of the groundwork already done so yep, I'd expect this to fulfil pretty quick.

I'm a big fan of Patrick Keith's work and these look great but they're not something I'm interested in.

1 person likes this

Jim has said the bard is a tease for a later figure in the KS, it's not an existing figure.  

While I've backed past Dark Sword KS I'll likely be taking a pass on this one.  They're just not what I'm looking for at the moment, though I'll likely pick up a few at retail down the road.  For those that do back, I'm sure they'll be excellent casts and minis will headed your way in a couple of months.

I like a few of the models, but I'm not a fan of the "all or nothing" pledge levels. 

3 people like this

I have been safe from other Darksword Kickstarters due to the All In pledges. I don't think I can hide this time. Too many good sculpts!

Their previous Stephanie Law Kickstarter is the only one I regret not getting in on. I will probably be backing despite the high pledge level.

1 person likes this

I'm actually waiting for delivery on a couple Darksword minis that I ordered. So many of their figures are gorgeous, but most of the ones here look quite static. Even the art looks like it was done with single part casting in mind. I do like the clerics and the female druid, but they all have a "posing for a portrait" quality to them. That isn't a bad style or anything. They're just not what I'm looking to paint right now. A few minis with dynamic poses could draw me in if an add-on pledge level option pops up. Patrick Keith is one of my all time favorite sculptors so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

1 person likes this

I love Stephanie Law. Such a talent full of wonder! The first one had figures more suited to competition painting or display. Not so much gaming.  But I backed it and wished that I had more funds at the time to pick up more.  I'm in for this one! Backer 10 I think.  I look forward to seeing what else is offered

Sigh,  dark sword is a lot like reaper for me.  They start a kickstarter, my wallet calls in and backs the project.  It's out of my hands... at least that's what I tell myself.

1 person likes this

.. not good.

Probably not in budget. But I will keep an eye peeled after, because some of those, I /want/.

If this wasn't an all or nothing I'd be in.. but I'll wait until retail unless something really awesome shows up as a stretch

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hidden-dreams-lords-heroes-miniatures-fantasy#/

Lords & Heroes wargaming miniatures compatible with Fantasy Battles: The 9th Age
    • By Paymaster Games
      <<<MOD>>>
      Link to Live Kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-aztecs-the-kings-of-war/description
      <<<>>>

Hello everyone,

I am formally announcing the next Paymaster Games Kickstarter campaign, called Going Native: Aztec Kings of War. The campaign will launch in the first or second week of February. The main scope of this campaign is to offer a complete Aztec line of models for the Aztec army list in Kings of War: Historical rule book, including mythical (Spirit Beast) models. As of right now the starting line up of the campaign are -

New Human/ Warrior models -
      Multi-part Jaguar Warriors
      Multi-part Eagle Warriors
      Multi-part Otomi Warriors

New Human Heroes -
      Standard Bearer - Hero in a White Specter (ghost) suit
      Musician - Remastered Warrior Poet
      Aztec Temple Priest
      Montezuma the Second

New Spirit Beasts/ Mythical models -
      Quetzalcoatl, the Great Feathered Serpent - Huge Winged Beast/ Dragon
      Miixcoatl, the Cloud Serpent (possibly two different models) - Winged Warriors
      Were-Jaguars, Brujo (3 different models) - Abominations
      Remastered Ahuizotl Otter - Huge Warriors

Other new mythical models that are popular among KoW:H players -
      Phoenix
      multi-part Cyclopes unit for all of the Greco-Roman Players who want Huge Warriors

Possible Add-Ons / Stretch Goals -
      Multi-part Warrior Priest unit
      Multi-Part Shorn Ones/ Cuachicqueh
      Fantasy Aztec Heroes
      Awanya, Water Guardian Serpent
      Yahui, Turtle Demon of Sacrifice
      Cipactli, A Huge Monster (if i do make it will be the largest model i have ever made)
    • By SamuraiJack
        https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1946588239/super-chibi-ace?ref=category_newest   About this project Ready for some old school fighting game action, but on a board? Then you came to the right place, welcome to...
      Select your fighter! Round 1! FIGHT!
      Welcome to Super Chibi A.C.E., a limited edition game by MidKnight Heroes that pays homage to the old school 2d fighting games of old. You know the ones we're talking about, the games you would stand in line as a kid with your quarter on the machine for next game. The game that you would walk into the arcade and look for what would be a street fight, and with just a dollar run the place. Yeah, that game.
      That game, along with others, bring back good memories, where you would just hang out with your friends and master the art of fighting. Well, we want to bring back those memories back and create new ones, with our game, Super Chibi A.C.E.
      A.C.E. is a new system that we designed to match as best as we could the experience of playing an old school 2d fighting game but locked in a mortal combat on a board. You use a 54 card deck we call the Control Deck to move your character, perform moves and create combos to defeat your opponent. The first to win two rounds wins the match, just like the old school games.
      Control Deck has Joystick and Button cards.  
      So, do you have that killer instinct? Yeah, I bet you do. So, grab a friend, hop in the battle arena, it's time for a showdown!
      Both players use a single or pair of a 54 card deck [Control Deck] to build special moves or perform combos to knock out your opponent. These cards are not only to use to make moves but also used to move your character across the game board.
      Super Chibi A.C.E. Game Board Each character will have seven moves that they can perform with the right amount of cards. Each move will have a set amount of damage but the damage can be augmented by the button card or cards you play. 
      Character Card: Shin player 1 side.  
      In A.C.E. there are three types of punches and kicks buttons cards, Fast, Normal and Strong and each has their own set of damage that can add to the move depending on what button you play.
      Button card examples, Kick and Punch Movement or Joystick cards are used to help form the moves together with the button cards. You have four types of Joystick cards, up, down, right and left. Put these cards together with the button cards to make moves the characters can perform.
      Joystick Cards examples, Right and Down Wildcards…well they are just what they say they are…wild! These are the most powerful cards in the game and can change the outcome of a game in a hurry. They can replace any button or joystick card plus do other amazing things.
      There is allot more to the game including combos, and conditions. What are conditions? Well, they add a special flavor to the moves to help you take out your opponent.
      Super Chibi Ace will come with two default characters, Shin the Urban Ninja of Sector 7 and Absolute Valentine, the vigilante of Sector 7. Both will come with designed moves ready for play. Don’t like those characters? That’s ok… CREATE YOUR OWN!
      Yep, that’s right. Included in the rule book you will have a set of rules to create your own fighter from miniatures you already own. It could be ANY miniature, it does not matter. It’s all up to you. Get your ideal fighter and make some moves and get ready for action!
      All of the characters released by MidKnight Heroes will have designed moves right out of the box but that does not stop you from creating your own moves for them if you like. Our design is just a guideline; feel free to create your own.
      So let get out there and start an old school fight. And thank you for your support!
      Natakue and the MidKnight Hereos Team

Super Chibi A.C.E. Pledge Contents Unlocked Characters: Core Characters 
      Super Chibi A.C.E. Character Progression Both Shin and Absolute Valentine are considered core characters, meaning the will come with the box set. All other characters in the Kickstarter will be stretch goals. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/241045416/heroes-of-arinoth-fantasy-miniatures?ref=category_newest

About this project
      Over 500 years ago, one mysterious individual succeeded in uniting all of the peoples of the lands of Arinoth for a common goal, and became the first king of Arinoth.
      Vicious orcs fought alongside majestic elves, and powerful lords of the undead stood by human magi. For centuries, these races joined together to fend off foreign invaders.
      But this peacetime was not built to last…
      The king having been found dead and his legendary artefacts disappeared, the leaders of each race began to tear one another apart, accusing their neighbors of staging a coup in an attempt to take the king’s powers for themselves.
      Now, they prepare themselves to wage an unforgiving war against former allies…
      The project: 
      The goal of this project is to fund a new line of fantasy miniatures: elves, orcs, and other peoples from the world of Arinoth. A game is currently in development, to be released at the end of 2017. Making a pledge to this project is your chance to get a sneak preview of its resin figurines, including exclusive miniatures that will not be available outside of this Kickstarter campaign.
      Pledge levels:
      Suggested pledge:
      Suggested pledge Plus get the exclusive Mo’nik figurine, only available through this Kickstarter!
        Mo'nik - Kickstarter exclusive miniature! Starter packs:

Starter pack Dark seeker  
      Starter pack Alaria  
      Starter pack Chol'pif  
      Starter pack Deb'uire  
      The races:
      Elven Alliance:
      The convergence of four former elven enclaves, the Elven Alliance has become a powerful and prosperous nation..
      Dark Seeker, Keeper of the Flame, Tracker Commander:  An important general in the Elven Army, this former elven Dark Lord is an impressive warrior, in addition to being an excellent sorcerer in close combat. Respected by his warriors, he enjoys displaying his superiority by defying and killing his adversaries in grim and miserable duels.
      Queen Alaria, High Priestess of the Moon: Previously Queen of the High Elves, Alaria has since become Queen of the entire Elven Alliance. High Priestess of the Moon, she is one of the best Healers in the kingdom, and was one of the former king’s closest advisers. Now, Queen Alaria has accused the orcs of treachery, and is set on retrieving the king’s powers to eliminate the Orc Warchiefs and restore peace to the Arinoth kingdom.
      Orc Tribes:
      Although since the reunification there is now a single Orc Chief, the orcs are still split into clans, each with its own special characteristics and skills to bring to the horde.
      Chol'pif, High Shaman of the Vol’kar Clan, Hordechief: Chol'pif was “elected” Hordechief, after having killed all of his opposition. This powerful Shaman was the military adviser to the king, and was always on the front lines, instilling fear and courage in his warriors. He claims the innocence of his clan, and accuses one of the Dark Lords of the Undead. He would like to possess the king’s powers in order to wipe out their entire population.
      Deb'uire, Mountain Orc, Iron Clan Warchief: Deb'uire is the horde’s champion, its most powerful warrior. If he wanted to, he could undoubtedly take control. But he would rather be in the thick of battle alongside his loyal soldiers than seated around a table negotiating. He trains the Lava Orcs, some of the horde’s best warriors, himself.
      Other important characters:
      Dark Lord Xan'Thaal, Death Knight: He is one of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Undead. This imposing warrior is also an excellent necromancer. Formerly the king’s siege warfare adviser, as the undead are experts in the art of laying siege. Many Arinothiens believe that it was he who assassinated the king. He has always claimed it untrue, yet without naming another guilty party…
      Mo'Nik, Master Healer of the Vox Clan: The Vox Clan is a group of monks living far from other civilizations. Mo’Nik is one of the Master Healers of this clan, specializing in herbalism. Numerous adversaries have been conquered in duels, having underestimated her small size.
      And many more...
      Chol'pif  
      Deb'uire
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Sacred Sword Miniatures Chibi Miniatures launch of February 7th 2017 on kickstarter,

now live https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/770568564/sacred-sword-miniatures-jrpg-styled-chibi-minis?ref=hero_thanks

Facebook group for more info https://www.facebook.com/groups/200930190320753/

Edit: Alternate facebook group link as the above doesn't seem to work for some people https://www.facebook.com/groups/200930190320753/?fref=nf
  • Who's Online   46 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)