Harrek

Cancelled
Dark Sword Miniatures – Stephanie Law Masterworks RPG Minis

34 posts in this topic

And a new Dark Sword KS has started.

2 people like this

Uhhh pretty stuff.

I like how their male druid and mage don't look like they're 300 years old.

Still being new to this kickstarter thing, they're talking about stretch goals, but there are none announced yet. How did this previously work with Dark Sword?

Also, June seems so soon, but than again, we already see sculpts. Do you guys think that's realistic at all?

Posted (edited)

I like how all the sculpts have a younger feel to them.  Dark sword has made all of their release dates.  I would bet that molds are already done and ready to go.

Stretch goals in the past sometimes added free figures to the KS.  But often it was add on bundles of figures at a very nice discount.  Who knows what Jim has up his sleeve!

Edited by Harrek
1 person likes this

Yes, very suiting for adventurers in their prime. 

The lady with the harp in the title picture is an already existing DS miniature, I assume?

In the past Darksword kickstarters have had most if not all of the groundwork already done so yep, I'd expect this to fulfil pretty quick.

I'm a big fan of Patrick Keith's work and these look great but they're not something I'm interested in.

1 person likes this

Jim has said the bard is a tease for a later figure in the KS, it's not an existing figure.  

While I've backed past Dark Sword KS I'll likely be taking a pass on this one.  They're just not what I'm looking for at the moment, though I'll likely pick up a few at retail down the road.  For those that do back, I'm sure they'll be excellent casts and minis will headed your way in a couple of months.

I like a few of the models, but I'm not a fan of the "all or nothing" pledge levels. 

3 people like this

I have been safe from other Darksword Kickstarters due to the All In pledges. I don't think I can hide this time. Too many good sculpts!

Their previous Stephanie Law Kickstarter is the only one I regret not getting in on. I will probably be backing despite the high pledge level.

1 person likes this

I'm actually waiting for delivery on a couple Darksword minis that I ordered. So many of their figures are gorgeous, but most of the ones here look quite static. Even the art looks like it was done with single part casting in mind. I do like the clerics and the female druid, but they all have a "posing for a portrait" quality to them. That isn't a bad style or anything. They're just not what I'm looking to paint right now. A few minis with dynamic poses could draw me in if an add-on pledge level option pops up. Patrick Keith is one of my all time favorite sculptors so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

1 person likes this

I love Stephanie Law. Such a talent full of wonder! The first one had figures more suited to competition painting or display. Not so much gaming.  But I backed it and wished that I had more funds at the time to pick up more.  I'm in for this one! Backer 10 I think.  I look forward to seeing what else is offered

Sigh,  dark sword is a lot like reaper for me.  They start a kickstarter, my wallet calls in and backs the project.  It's out of my hands... at least that's what I tell myself.

1 person likes this

.. not good.

Probably not in budget. But I will keep an eye peeled after, because some of those, I /want/.

If this wasn't an all or nothing I'd be in.. but I'll wait until retail unless something really awesome shows up as a stretch

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666958388/defense-of-the-citadel?ref=category_newest
      About this project
      The Defense of the Citadel is a cooperative hero defense board game for 1 to 4 players. It is set in a high fantasy world where you as the hero need to defend the holy citadel against waves of enemy invasion.

There are 2 ways to play and enjoy 'Defense of the Citadel', referred to as 'Missions' and 'Campaign' in the game. 
      'Missions' have predefined settings and last no more than an hour to play, which is perfect when you just want a quick short game. 'Missions' are also sequential, connected to each other through a story line. 

'Campaign' on the other hand is the opposite with no particular predefined settings. The map tiles are randomized, events are randomized and your performance and decisions through the phases as well as crafted items and wounds will carry onto the next until you reach the final objective. 'Campaign' is meant for a long game, and you may need to record the status of the game to carry on the game on another day.
      After selecting the game mode, players first need to select their characters. Each character represents a race in the world of 'Defense of the Citadel'. Each one comes with a unique racial trait, abilities, strength and weaknesses.

There are 3 primary attributes, strength, agility and magic. All actions, whether for crafting or combat, require an attribute dice roll of some sorts.
      The Jyujin is agile, able to succeed an agility roll with a 2+ dice roll You can choose a class your character is proficient in. The race determines the probability of success, whereas, classes define what you are able to do.
      each class offers a unique style of gameplay The player may choose to be a duel class, selecting 2 classes instead of 1. However, selecting 2 reduces the efficiency of that player's being able to perform the classes perks and abilities.
      Before the enemy waves arrive, you can make use of the time before the confrontation to balance the odds against you. This time can be used to craft useful items, lay traps or possibly even reshape the citadel!
      traps are one of the many things you can craft Some advanced crafting requires multiple conditions, with multiple attribute rolls and necessary class requirements. However, you do not need to do it alone! You can collaborate with other players to divide the requirement between each other. 
      The remote controlled 'rune bomb', the enemy is in for quite a blast. When all the preparation turn has been used up, the invasion begins!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      War of the Cross is a four to seven player diplomatic strategy game that tells the story of the last decade of a terrible war that raged across Théah for thirty years. You must muster all your skills to command one of seven Nations to victory in a game of shifting politics, dangerous alliances and tactical skill. Can you lead armies, navies and Heroes to win the day and bring an end to the bloodiest war in Théah’s history?
      Created by award-winning designers David Williams, Luke Peterschmidt and myself (John Wick!), War of the Cross unites the original design team for Legends of the Five Rings with the production team for 7th Sea: Second Edition, featuring art direction by Marissa Kelly, layout by Thomas Deeny, and production and development by Mark Diaz Truman. Join us for the first board game set in the 7th Sea: Second Edition universe!

• By pcktlnt
      Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters-relaunch

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

• By Brankiegames
      Hello all!

I've started a Kickstarterpoject about our first cardgame, Ready Set Train - The workoutgame. A game which can be played with 2-99 players.
      It's a game in which you have to exercise in order to complete your secret mission. There are 31 unique training cards, with an exercise depicted on it.
      Through games like these, we want to make people healthier and happier. The game brings people closer while working on their health.
      The game has two modes, one for 2-5 players and one for 6-99 players. So you can play it with small groups and with very large groups.
      Interested? Then look at our Kickstartervideo below. Visit our Kickstarter here:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brankiegames/ready-set-train-the-workoutgame?ref=user_menu

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask!

Have a very nice day!
      Brian

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)