knarthex

Oathsworn Circle, or Ambushed by OOOOH Shiney 2

22 posts in this topic

Before you give up on the runestones (if you were) have you thought about maybe doing a coat of a clear paint then a gloss coat over the 'gems'? unless of course they're supposed to be diamonds, then ignore me :P

3 people like this

10 hours ago, Guildenstern said:

Before you give up on the runestones (if you were) have you thought about maybe doing a coat of a clear paint then a gloss coat over the 'gems'? unless of course they're supposed to be diamonds, then ignore me :P

Thet were supposed to be different kinds of gems crushed for use in the creation of the runes...

an overall coat of gloss /water effect would not have the 'Faceted' effect of individual bits that I was hoping to achieve....

Anyway, here is the pool, painted with water effects...

009.JPG.975baf8f434ab5a1aa7e4fd80ea739f8.JPG011.JPG.5985ac6a2f39e458578c15430f3e1b55.JPG

and in the greater circle...

012.thumb.JPG.40121457d1fbdf1b877d9d807e97c09b.JPG013.thumb.JPG.f8810de6e0fe6517be300d7786b2e3f4.JPG

and the re done pentacle part, after re prime, Stormvermin fur, VMC Khaki, Codex Grey, Fortress Grey, and Secret Weapon Stone wash....

I should have cut the wash more, and added the different inks before the wash...

as I think it is to dark, will likely re do the dry brushing....

014.JPG.73136449eacdb5841189baf2c80f67bf.JPG015.JPG.e13fa5477666b36b48e9953e325941cf.JPG

Thanks for looking!

12 people like this

Good work!

Are you still thinking about doing crushed gems for the magic circles? Regular old sand might be worth a shot; it takes paint and/or inks pretty well...

2 people like this

What about crushing up some of those crystals used for making EZ Bake stained glass?  This article used them to simulate real gems, but crushing them up might give you the look you are going for?

https://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/33

2 people like this

Looks great!

But given that "rough coat" is no longer sold, what might someone use as a substitute?

Chis Palmer was using something in his Homer Simpson terrain pieces...

Maybe you could ask him???

And Thanks!

So this has been brought back to where I started filling in the crushed glass.....

001.thumb.JPG.402dc2647470910038dd7996b1eefdc4.JPG002.thumb.JPG.5a2e64203ee90024777bf281420cb2fc.JPG003.thumb.JPG.1a2fc7e7e9c81c0462ef8971e3c9811b.JPG

Now to figure out how to do it right,,,,

4 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now