13 posts in this topic

The Old Lizard painted up SPLENDIDLY, AND the base is BEAUTIFUL. I love the flower; it seems like he is defending it.  VERY NICELY DONE!

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Old Lizard painted up SPLENDIDLY, AND the base is BEAUTIFUL. I love the flower; it seems like he is defending it.  VERY NICELY DONE!

Thank you Al!

He IS kinda fond of his garden....

The flower is made up of two different pieces of plastic plant.

A good cheap source of terrain stuff.

1 person likes this

Great work! The colours all come together beautifully, definitely feels like he's in the jungle.

1 person likes this

Great work! I especially like the wet looking off-white color on his turtle shell shield. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Great work! The colours all come together beautifully, definitely feels like he's in the jungle.

4 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Great work! I especially like the wet looking off-white color on his turtle shell shield. 

Thx guys!

Really appreciate it!

1 person likes this

Great job! Loving the skin colour & turtle shield.

Never come between an Iguana Warrior & his giant daisy......:lol:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, TheOldGuard said:

Great job! Loving the skin colour & turtle shield.

Never come between an Iguana Warrior & his giant daisy......:lol:

Thanks!

The Shield was a little experiment with several colours and washes...

1 person likes this

Nice work overall - love that shield especially!

1 person likes this

Thx!

It was an experiment with different colours.

Great paint job on him!

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great paint job on him!

Thank you!

Experimenting with the plastic plants and driftwood was fun, expect more bases like his in the Lost World among the Jungle and Lizard City bases soon.

These old Grenadier sculpts are pretty nice too. Still available through Mirlinton. I got this one from a BOG last year.

1 person likes this

I noticed a white thingie in the pics on the plastic flower.

That's a hair from Brutus, it is removed.

So it was not a part of the mini....should somebody wonder..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I was feeling a bit nostalgic, alongside of the affection I already hold for old school miniatures, so I've decided to begin "repainting" some old figures I'd done way back when, I'm going to say in 1983 or before/after. I graduated high school in 1986 and after that totally forgot about miniatures until maybe around 2004.

Anyhow, I've repainted Frito the Thief, a Grenadier model I had when I was young.  With the new version, I did have to resculpt the nose because it was flattened by time.  My other issue was whether I wanted to keep the same color scheme or do something different.  Ultimately I stayed very similiarly with the clothing color scheme, but ended up changing the skin tone and hair color.  I kept an orange turban, but ended up muting the color a tad.  So here's the modern version:

and now the original version, painted sometime in the eighties:

and then a few side by side comparisons:

So what do you think, any progress over the last thirty- odd years? I've got a bunch of these that  I think I'm going to do as time permits.  They really are some very fun miniatures to paint.  The proportions aren't perfect, but they really do have lots of personality!
    • By Ratmaster2000
      So I have been looking at a parts drawer I have that has doubled for Years (okay going on decades now haha) as my metal miniatures storage case till the mini's get painted (so yah it's full haha), and I noticed that I still have ALL of the miniatures belonging to Grenadier's "orcs of the severed hand" collection (white primered btw) and since I am not sure I will ever paint them, I was looking on Ebay to get an idea if it would be worth it. Noble knight is selling one for $95.00, is that a fair accurate price? I may not have the box, but if I do, is that what they would go for? I also have encounter at skull harbor (though mine didn't have a sea monster, older set?) and a WWII set as well:) are these in demand?
    • By Auberon
      The dwarf is the 5th figure that I have painted from the old Grenadier 2007 set.  It was so hideous that I never posted it, partially because I didn't really like the figure and just slapped some paint on it to call it done.  I mean, those eyes were just sculpted circles.  I filled the center with color, edge highlighted the raised outer edge, and then went around them with a shadow color.  If you are an aspiring sculptor... never ever sculpt eyes like it is 1980.  But I was talked into posting it, so blame 72moonglum and Volksfest for the horror.

For scale, here is the dwarf between and Infinity Nomad and a Reaper bugbear.  Knee-capping is her only option.

• By 72moonglum
      So I'm thinking I'm going to be repainting this old figure that I have another copy and here is my question. Should I repaint with the original paint scheme or should I do something totally different? No wrong or right answer, just looking for opinions. 

• By TaleSpinner
      I finished my take on the Jungle Titan.  The WIP is here. I painted this mostly to shake the rust off of the painting skill before working on my Reaper Con entries.  I didn't put much time into the base, sorry.  This is slated for the game table.

Have a great day,

Andy
  • Who's Online   55 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)