13 posts in this topic

The Old Lizard painted up SPLENDIDLY, AND the base is BEAUTIFUL. I love the flower; it seems like he is defending it.  VERY NICELY DONE!

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Old Lizard painted up SPLENDIDLY, AND the base is BEAUTIFUL. I love the flower; it seems like he is defending it.  VERY NICELY DONE!

Thank you Al!

He IS kinda fond of his garden....

The flower is made up of two different pieces of plastic plant.

A good cheap source of terrain stuff.

1 person likes this

Great work! The colours all come together beautifully, definitely feels like he's in the jungle.

1 person likes this

Great work! I especially like the wet looking off-white color on his turtle shell shield. 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Great work! The colours all come together beautifully, definitely feels like he's in the jungle.

4 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Great work! I especially like the wet looking off-white color on his turtle shell shield. 

Thx guys!

Really appreciate it!

1 person likes this

Great job! Loving the skin colour & turtle shield.

Never come between an Iguana Warrior & his giant daisy......:lol:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, TheOldGuard said:

Great job! Loving the skin colour & turtle shield.

Never come between an Iguana Warrior & his giant daisy......:lol:

Thanks!

The Shield was a little experiment with several colours and washes...

1 person likes this

Nice work overall - love that shield especially!

1 person likes this

Thx!

It was an experiment with different colours.

Great paint job on him!

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great paint job on him!

Thank you!

Experimenting with the plastic plants and driftwood was fun, expect more bases like his in the Lost World among the Jungle and Lizard City bases soon.

These old Grenadier sculpts are pretty nice too. Still available through Mirlinton. I got this one from a BOG last year.

1 person likes this

I noticed a white thingie in the pics on the plastic flower.

That's a hair from Brutus, it is removed.

So it was not a part of the mini....should somebody wonder..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pcktlnt
      Link

The Drowned Earth...
      ...is a tabletop miniatures game where brave heroes and villains risk the dangers of the wilds for glorious riches and ancient technology!
      Played on a 3ftx3ft table.  5 (or more) models a side.  Scenario based play. Beautifully cast, multi-part metal miniatures.  The game is set in the land of Ulaya, a tropical world of flooded cities, overgrown ruins and terrifying predators. 

About the Development Process
       When I decided to create The Drowned Earth I had Four simple design briefs. I wanted the game to have: 
      A Parkour/ Freerunning movement system. Rules which told a narrative through a dramatic reaction mechanic. A streamlined, elegant system which was quick to learn and easy to remember. An unambiguous rules set suitable for competitive play.  Two years of development later, and I think I've ticked those boxes, and many more! The Drowned Earth is the kind of game you can tell stories about, without once talking about the mechanics or the dice you rolled. 

Models leap off buildings, guns blazing, dodge bullets as they run through open ground, and swing from vines to take key objectives. It truly is a cinematic, narrative game full of knife edge choices and story moments!

About the Miniatures
      I've watched and backed a lot of Kickstarters, and passionately want to avoid the pitfalls many of them experience with late delivery, quality issues and production bottle necks. As a first time producer I have done as much research as possible to mitigate risk. 

To that end I have established full production pipeline and have actually gone through a complete production cycle with an outstanding metal caster, to deliver to you the best metal miniatures I can. Pictures speak a thousand words. 

• By Nightwing
      I've liked this mini since I was a teenager. Finally got to paint it up. 

Thanks to everyone in the WIP thread for your advice!  

• By Xherman1964
      I'm covering this in my Lost World Project also.
      However since this is basically a Terrain Piece/Diorama thingie, I decided to make a separate WIP as well.
      So those who are only interested in terrain and such will also see it.

It all started when @knarthex his daughter Alsnia posted a pic of her Pet Snake.
      Then @Pezler the Polychromatic made up a background story See my WIP page 65

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-xherman1964-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=65

@malefactushas always inspired me with his great terrain and he also encouraged me...
      And I have also read the great threads of @Chris Palmer who made fantastic jungle statues.

So I knew I had to do this.

I bought a Toy Anaconda and a Toy Python.
      The Anaconda will become Tanith.
      The Serpent Goddess will be repainted in albino colours like Alsnia's pet, but it will also be part stone.
      She is in stasis in a statue and now Alsnia the Priestess ( Bones Sarah the Seer) has been chanting and summoning until Tanith sheds her stone skin and breaks out of the statue.

The Python will be a gold or bronze statuette on the back of the wall.
      I'm planning to put torches and sacrifices/gifts on the altar.
      There will be two pipes coming from the backwall and snakes will pour from those and will be crawling all over the altar.

Here is what I've done so far.

Then I needed to carve out the shape of the Python to embedd it into the back wall later.
      Too much gap will be filled with putty.
      There will also be much stuff likes vines and leaves all over it.

So this may take a while.

• Who's Online   36 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)