Week 1: I have finished the first 3 minis on my list and currently working on the 4th. I have most of today to work on them and most of tomorrow as well. I'm optimistic that I will finish all of them this month.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Try to get 4 figures done. 

Only deadpool so far. 

That's one heck of a "so far".

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Darkmeer said:

@ub3r_n3rd Who else is in the "Dead Pool" for this month? 

• Snake/sea creature/drow female that I just need to do the base for now, which also includes a very tricky and deep pour of 2- part epoxy resin for the water.
  • A figure I'm painting up for Jasperthe2nd
  • Something I'm painting up for Herman.
  • I also am doing post-finishing touch-ups to Edge of Oblivion after getting some fantastic feedback from Michael Proctor and Aaron Lovejoy, it's a piece I'm taking with me to ReaperCon for sure and I am excited about getting silver or even gold for it.
2 hours ago, Pingo said:

That's one heck of a "so far".

Hehe, thanks ::D:

• Like 7

At this point, my goal for April is to finish something...  Finally got the tooth fairy done last month but the January goals are still glaring at me...  and of course I've gone off and started 3 Black Plague abominations.

• Like 7

I don't generally makes concrete goals for myself with my hobby stuff. I'm more of a butterfly flitting from project to project. The last couple of years I've been a mostly dead butterfly barely doing anything. This winter I actually got a few things happening and hope that I can keep the momentum up even though I know it'll be tough with work and nice weather keeping me out of my dark hole of a hobby area. So here's my list in priority order with unrealistic finish dates added.

Finish painting early roman empire army. 14 cavalry, 40 infantry and basing on a bunch of others to go. Wanting to finish in April. Lately these guys have been dying heroically in weekly battles against the goblin hordes.

Finish my river pieces. So far 3 feet done, with a prototype bridge that didn't quite work out and another couple feet of straight pieces and a bunch of curve pieces partially finished. Wanting to finish in April and do a better bridge sometime after.

More trees. Can never have enough trees. May never totally finish this but want to get a few more on the table soon.

Take some pictures of what I've done lately to share. Lighting sucks in my new basement and I'm not real familiar with my newest camera. Could take poor quality pics any time but wanting to do something a little better soon.

Finish painting goblin army. 21 infantry partially painted, 16 cavalry and 50 infantry unpainted. These guys paint fast but seem to reproduce almost as fast. No matter how many I finish there seems to be as many waiting for paint. Would like to get as many done as possible into early May.

I did finish a 8'x7.5'x16" set of shelves for hobby stuff in my new house and 5 fantasy/historical armies have migrated here. I have a list of terrain to want to make and really want to put some effort into finishing my unpainted and unassembled armies. Rough list of other things to do for 2017;

Cliff or mountain terrain.

More buildings.

Castle.

Finish painting Sisters of Sigmar waband for Frostgrave/Mordheim.

Finish painting Middenheim warband for Frostgrave/Mordheim.

Finish painting high elf army.

Finish painting medieval russian army

Finish assembling and painting dwarf army.

Paint various monsters for support of the various armies in the big battles and use i skirmish/dungeon crawl games.

Test myself with something more than tabletop quality, speed paint minis. It's been years since I really put a lot of effort into a single mini.

• Like 8

On 4/1/2017 at 6:51 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I finished March's to-do list this morning. I now have a list of 22 minis that need doing (hopefully) before Bones 3 shows up. All for Shadows of Brimstone.

• Serpent Grand Shaman
  • Sargent Bunker
  • Female & Male Outlaws
  • Female Gunslinger
  • Male Gunslinger #2
  • Male Rancher
  • Female Rancher #2
  • Female & Male Prospectors
  • Nun
  • Female US Marshal
  • Piano Player
  • Saloon Girl #2
  • Female Bandida
  • Male Bandido #2
  • Female & Male Orphans
  • Female Indian Scout
  • Female Sheriff
  • Female & Male Drifters

I've got the 10 crossed off completely finished. Only one of them has eyes currently but I decided I'd do all the eyes at the end to save some time. 

• Like 6

I'm not painting anything this month (most likely), but I did sit down and total all the models I want to get assembled in the next few months. Current count is 1007 (though it includes some buildings), and will probably (definitely) have some more added to it by the end of May. Yes, it's a lot. It includes the King & Country set, the Liberty or Death set, the Waterloo set, the Perry Bros ACW Battlefield in a box set, the Test of Honor bundle, the stuff I bought at AdeptiCon for Blood & Plunder, two SAGA armies, two Warpath armies, and a Bolt Action US army starter. OTOH, I painted 211 models from Jan 1 to March 20, so by the end of next month, I expect this number needing assembly to have dropped a fair amount.  Come summer, I can start painting on them.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, warlordgarou said:

I'm not painting anything this month (most likely), but I did sit down and total all the models I want to get assembled in the next few months. Current count is 1007 (though it includes some buildings), and will probably (definitely) have some more added to it by the end of May. Yes, it's a lot. It includes the King & Country set, the Liberty or Death set, the Waterloo set, the Perry Bros ACW Battlefield in a box set, the Test of Honor bundle, the stuff I bought at AdeptiCon for Blood & Plunder, two SAGA armies, two Warpath armies, and a Bolt Action US army starter. OTOH, I painted 211 models from Jan 1 to March 20, so by the end of next month, I expect this number needing assembly to have dropped a fair amount.  Come summer, I can start painting on them.

That is pretty ambitious. You are a better man than I Warlordgarou.

buckyball

• Like 1

Oh, I won't finish it before the end of May.  I just hope to make a significant dent in it before then (B&P stuff, both SAGA armies, and Test of Honor, plus hopefully some of the Black Powder stuff.)

If I post it here, I am vaguely accountable, and might actually work on it most days instead of goofing off online.  ;)

ETA - actual count is now 1041.  Thought I had one of each unit for Blood & Plunder, was missing 2.  Have added 16 models to the count, because I will be getting them at some point.

Edited by warlordgarou
I can't add. Count was too low.
  • Like 3

On 4/1/2017 at 2:44 PM, Guildenstern said:

A lot of rollover from me as well, since, per usual, I went completely off the rails and did stuff that had nothing to do with what I'd intended to work on (I'm the only one that does that right?!)

April:

- Spring Exchange mini - Finishing HLs

- 5 Iron Hand Space marines

- Frostgrave Warband Hedgehoglings - X2

- leaving open for the inevitable "oh shiny I need to paint this now!" mini 4 Stormvermin from Shelf o shame

- work on planning Reaper Diorama entry!

So I still need to do the

- Hedgehoglilngs X2

- more planning on Reaper Diorama entry - though the mini (hahahaha) has been purchased: the Kraken!!

and of course I added:

- Warbike/deffkopta conversion - done!

- Terrorgheist

Edited by Guildenstern
added done bit
  • Like 4

Mid Month check in...

Goldar and his teddy (70% done)

Goblin Leader and 3 goblin warriors (+70% done)

Roman soldier (50% done?)

• Like 5

Finished! I decided against eyes, you can't see most of them because of hats/hair anyway. Now to figure out what else to do this month.

• Like 3

On 4/1/2017 at 11:32 AM, hdclearman said:

I did not complete all my March goals either, but the only one I didn't get to was starting my entries for ReaperCon...

So, for April:

1.  Continuing toward goal for March/April RPChallenge

2.  ReaperCon 17 entries.

3.  Paint More!!!

I'm actually right on track.  I finished my goals for RPChallenge and started ReaperCon entries this past weekend.

• Like 4