Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I've had a Tau force since the large scale Armageddon event/stuff pretty much happened a good ten years ago, and it's been in a state of "left on the side in the boxes" for a while now.... While I'd love to wrap up my Catachans first, I wound up starting on the Tau simply because I had a few ideas for them come to mind and figured I'd give it a go, and hopefully come up with a cohesive colouration by the time it's all said and done
Most of the assembled minis were spray primered in black years ago, and I'm not really a fan of black as my primer anymore (I switched to light grey a while after these guys were primered), so first order of business was to give them a new base coat consisting of two parts white brush on primer, and one part grey liner. The next coat consisted of lava orange (for the orange bits), and then an equal 1:1:1 of Mountain Stone, Terran Khaki, and Desert Sand for the second colour. Sadly, I totally forgot what I did for the "boots", but odds are I'll be changing that colour up as I'm not all the happiest with it at the moment. I also used Ebony Flesh for some quick lining, but I'm still indecisive about my thoughts on such.
Follow up coat for the orange was two parts lava orange, one part Dragon Red, and I think it was four drops of water...
That's not quite where things are right now though.... They're definitely in the "ugly" stage, since I decided I would experiment with, of all things, a complete wash coat made of Pure Black and about six drops of water...
While I did wind up losing a good amount of that gorgeously bright orange, I'm kind of liking how it has this almost "faded off in the sun" burnt feel to it... Next time though I'm going to be more careful about it's application, because wow there's a decent amount of cleanup in some areas. I like how the pants came out though ^_^;;;;
I'll have more pics later today, wasn't able to get pics off the G85 with enough time to edit them
I got a bunch of ogres in Bones 3. Since there are only a couple sculpts I looked to convert them to make them not all the same.
i saw a conversion using GW ogre parts. I think on these forums but I’m not sure.
Anyway. Here is a picture of a GW ogre, a bones ogre, and then my converted/ painted ogre. I haven’t painted in around 9 months... so first time at bat in a long good while. Also tried my hand at some Viking rune tattoos.
I’ve loved Blood Bowl for a long time, and I was super happy to see Games Workshop bring it back (ok, some of us were playing the whole time, but it is still great to see their new minis and boards).
Here’s a team that I got to do for a client. I’ve always favored the Bad Moons, so I was really happy that he wanted these guys in Bad Moon Yellow.
For a painting competition entry I had to find a 20 year old miniature to work with. Digging through my old boxes of minis (mostly Games Workshop) I found a "Kharn the Betrayer" chaos space marine from 96 (I think was the date on his tab). Decided I wanted to give him a fun base, something more than just the general skull pile he's usually on. So, started scratchbuilding a symbol of Khorne for him to stand on, here's two pics of the understructure. (Bottom of the actual base is the black, white cap is just for handling.)
This (although small) is the most involved basing project Ive done to date, and I'm already learning lots on how to do things better, and a lot of what not to do. Anyway, will be updating as I progress further on him.
- Added some more detailing to the base, and started laying ground for skulls.
- More skulls and playing around with details on the symbol, have added a removed a few things that didnt turn out how I liked.
- And some more skulls, also added paper cut of potential plating on the symbol on top right portion. Think I like it and will add to the rest of them for next update (which wont be til next week, as out of town til then.)
Who's Online 44 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Chris Palmer
- Xiwo Xerase
- Mad Jack
- Darsc Zacal