11 posts in this topic

I like it.  Yes, I do.

1 person likes this

Nice work!

I just got 2 sprues of Russ' finest to try and knock the desire to paint a full Space Wolf army out of me....

we will see how soon I get to them.....

2 people like this

This is an incredible paint job... the facial shading is masterful and all the details are separated and accented magnificently

But that blue is really jarring and incongruous - almost as if it were plastic (high tech polycarbonite armor) as opposed to metal - everything else has a consistant realism and shading but the blue seems almost 2D by comparison... - a less bold color might help, but i think it really needs more depth and shading

I haven't tried this yet, but i really enjoyed this blue armor and Marsya was kind enough to share the secret on page 2 of the thread

3 people like this

Very nice!

1 person likes this

Thanks for the comments everyone!

5 hours ago, knarthex said:

Nice work!

I just got 2 sprues of Russ' finest to try and knock the desire to paint a full Space Wolf army out of me....

we will see how soon I get to them.....

Best of luck!

As much as I've come to enjoy painting Space Marines, I think trying to paint an army of them would drive me insane.

5 hours ago, kitenerd said:

This is an incredible paint job... the facial shading is masterful and all the details are separated and accented magnificently

But that blue is really jarring and incongruous - almost as if it were plastic (high tech polycarbonite armor) as opposed to metal - everything else has a consistant realism and shading but the blue seems almost 2D by comparison... - a less bold color might help, but i think it really needs more depth and shading

I haven't tried this yet, but i really enjoyed this blue armor and Marsya was kind enough to share the secret on page 2 of the thread

Yeah I find I struggle with "painted" armour, just can't get my head around how to shade and highlight it (and it doesn't help that this one has photographed so glossily).

The armour in that link looks pretty good and sounds easy enough to do, I'll have to give it a try on the next guy in the pile.

2 people like this

Fantastic work.  love your contrast, and how it comes to gether.

Jay

1 person likes this

Very nice work!

1 person likes this

I really like the shade of that blue, but agree that it needs more shading and highlighting.  Everything else is outstanding.

1 person likes this

Holy smokes! That's the bluest blue in the whole of blue city! Gotta get me a bottle of that ASAP. *envy* Not sure how well it works on this figure though.

His face is sublime. It's shocking to see so much life in a face on a figure this scale (assuming it's the same scale as a normal marine). Other than his face, my favorite part is the leather on his book and book strap. Beeeeeautiful job on that leather! 

But that face... ::o: :wub:

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Holy smokes! That's the bluest blue in the whole of blue city! Gotta get me a bottle of that ASAP. *envy* Not sure how well it works on this figure though.

His face is sublime. It's shocking to see so much life in a face on a figure this scale (assuming it's the same scale as a normal marine). Other than his face, my favorite part is the leather on his book and book strap. Beeeeeautiful job on that leather! 

But that face... ::o: :wub:

Thanks, it's Vallejo Model Colour Royal Blue.

Yeah, Games Workshop have gotten pretty dang good at face sculpting in the last couple of years, so much fun to paint.

1 person likes this