40 posts in this topic

Woah!! Can't wait to see moar!

2 people like this

Painting Mother Lloth!!!!!!

2 people like this

Way to think outside da box! Press on ...but don't forget your Mucha flat. 

2 people like this

Thank all the paint gods that I was able to catch this when you first started it. You picked a lovely reference, I can't wait to see how this turns out!

1 person likes this

This is gonna be good!

1 person likes this

Thanks for putting all the highlight blocking-in photos.  It's always good to see all the processes that an artist goes through, instead of just the finished steps.

4 people like this

Good idea!

Looks like you're off to a great start!

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, GlenP said:

Way to think outside da box! Press on ...but don't forget your Mucha flat. 

I almost almost made progress this weekend.  I even sat down in front of it and planned out the rocks to add to the frame. But then I realized it would take too much sculpey and I needed to come up with a more economic plan.  Which I still have yet to discover.  I may do some of it in cork and add sculpey to it.  I have to finish it though because I want to take it to world expo in july.

Thanks everyone!!!  I like going through the steps.  It helps me as well because I notice things I can change.

10 people like this

14 minutes ago, Corporea said:

I almost almost made progress this weekend.  I even sat down in front of it and planned out the rocks to add to the frame. But then I realized it would take too much sculpey and I needed to come up with a more economic plan.  Which I still have yet to discover.  I may do some of it in cork and add sculpey to it.  I have to finish it though because I want to take it to world expo in july.

Thanks everyone!!!  I like going through the steps.  It helps me as well because I notice things I can change.

Yay!  You're going to World Expo too!?!?  Then you have to make sure it's ready in time so I can see it! ::):

5 people like this

49 minutes ago, Corporea said:

[...] I may do some of it in cork and add sculpey to it. [...]

Cork will survive the Sculpey baking process?  That's good to know!  I've been planning to do some polymer clay modelling, and thought about using different armatures & filler from wire and wadded aluminum foil.  Would carved pine or balsa scraps work, I wonder?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Cork will survive the Sculpey baking process?  That's good to know!  I've been planning to do some polymer clay modelling, and thought about using different armatures & filler from wire and wadded aluminum foil.  Would carved pine or balsa scraps work, I wonder?

When I baked some sculpy on a pine base, the sap started to ooze out the sides....

Just a heads up...

3 people like this

Stunning... Already. And excellent choice on inspirational skin tones!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

oh- that's not what I meant and I'm not sure what would happen if I baked the cork...  I meant I would remove the cork and bake the bits.  I just wanted to try to cut down on the amount of sculpey I used! 

3 people like this

36 minutes ago, Corporea said:

oh- that's not what I meant and I'm not sure what would happen if I baked the cork...  I meant I would remove the cork and bake the bits.  I just wanted to try to cut down on the amount of sculpey I used! 

Ah, well.  I may still experiment with balsa scraps encased in the Sculpey, or form heavy aluminum foil around a balsa wood framework, sculpt the model, then pull the Sculpey and aluminum foil from the balsa framework just before baking.

1 person likes this