Good idea!

Looks like you're off to a great start!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GlenP said:

Way to think outside da box! Press on ...but don't forget your Mucha flat. 

I almost almost made progress this weekend.  I even sat down in front of it and planned out the rocks to add to the frame. But then I realized it would take too much sculpey and I needed to come up with a more economic plan.  Which I still have yet to discover.  I may do some of it in cork and add sculpey to it.  I have to finish it though because I want to take it to world expo in july.

Thanks everyone!!!  I like going through the steps.  It helps me as well because I notice things I can change.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Corporea said:

I almost almost made progress this weekend.  I even sat down in front of it and planned out the rocks to add to the frame. But then I realized it would take too much sculpey and I needed to come up with a more economic plan.  Which I still have yet to discover.  I may do some of it in cork and add sculpey to it.  I have to finish it though because I want to take it to world expo in july.

Thanks everyone!!!  I like going through the steps.  It helps me as well because I notice things I can change.

Yay!  You're going to World Expo too!?!?  Then you have to make sure it's ready in time so I can see it! ::):

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Corporea said:

[...] I may do some of it in cork and add sculpey to it. [...]

Cork will survive the Sculpey baking process?  That's good to know!  I've been planning to do some polymer clay modelling, and thought about using different armatures & filler from wire and wadded aluminum foil.  Would carved pine or balsa scraps work, I wonder?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

Cork will survive the Sculpey baking process?  That's good to know!  I've been planning to do some polymer clay modelling, and thought about using different armatures & filler from wire and wadded aluminum foil.  Would carved pine or balsa scraps work, I wonder?

When I baked some sculpy on a pine base, the sap started to ooze out the sides....

Just a heads up...

• Like 3

Stunning... Already. And excellent choice on inspirational skin tones!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Cave Bear said:

oh- that's not what I meant and I'm not sure what would happen if I baked the cork...  I meant I would remove the cork and bake the bits.  I just wanted to try to cut down on the amount of sculpey I used! 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Corporea said:

oh- that's not what I meant and I'm not sure what would happen if I baked the cork...  I meant I would remove the cork and bake the bits.  I just wanted to try to cut down on the amount of sculpey I used! 

Ah, well.  I may still experiment with balsa scraps encased in the Sculpey, or form heavy aluminum foil around a balsa wood framework, sculpt the model, then pull the Sculpey and aluminum foil from the balsa framework just before baking.

• Like 1