Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamuraiJack

Live
Forest Kingdom Campaign Compendium for Pathfinder and 5E

4 posts in this topic

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legendarygames/forest-kingdom-campaign-compendium-for-pathfinder?ref=category_newest

About this project

99bfee61aecfe529edc3ec392843dbce_origina

The forest is a place of mystery and danger, where the wild things are lurking in the shadowed underbrush with hungry eyes, but also where the fair folk flit and fly through sun-dappled glades. From Grimm's fairy tales to Tolkien's lovely Lothlorien, menacing Mirkwood, and forlorn Fangorn, there are few places for adventure more iconic than among the tall trees and verdant vales of the forest!

45e1ae72eb46d7b15349d5a54644ba10_origina

In that spirit, Legendary Games is pleased to present a new hardback adventure accessory for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and 5E, the Forest Kingdom Campaign Compendium! Step under the shadowed boughs of the forest realm to find a wild world of magic, mystery, monsters, and more! From the misty boreal taiga of the cold northern reaches to wondrous glades of enchanting fey beauty, you'll find this book an encyclopedic resource for running your campaign, including:

- Two complete wilderness adventures: the savage barbarian epic Cold Mountain and a deadly fey pursuit in Horns of the Hunted!

- Over 50 new spells and magic items, from bloodspear and call woodland beings to the scout's spyglass, plow of the abundant harvest, and staff of the fey queen! 

- Three dozen new character options, including new sorcerer bloodlines, cavalier orders, feats, archetypes, and more, from Feral Companion and Silent Shade of the Umbral Wood to the fey hunter ranger and darkwolf druid!

- Over 30 new fey and forest monsters, from the boreal wight and stromkarl nixie to the mighty chernobog

- Eight ready-to-play pregenerated characters with detailed histories and personalities, perfect as allies, rivals, or playable PCs!

- Rich and immersive rules for fey-themed haunts and integrating fey into the campaign from personal relationships to world-altering faerie rumors, ripples, and ruptures that turn the natural world of mortals upside down!

c56ba77e6a27f1581806522c4cd40494_origina

The Forest Kingdom Campaign Compendium starts by combining the entire River Kings product line from Legendary Games into a single volume, edited and polished and many available in print for the first time, including all of the following products:

Beasts of Legend: Boreal Bestiary

Beasts of Legend: Coldwood Codex

Cold Mountain

Conquering Heroes: Pregenerated Characters

Faerie Mysteries

Faerie Passions

Horns of the Hunted

Legendary Villains: Dark Druids

Treasury of the Kingdom

6c844f478bc2c76cdd644bfa0ac33ee6_origina

These fantastic supplements by all-star authors like Jason Nelson, Matt Goodall, Tim Hitchcock, Neil Spicer, Todd Stewart, Russ Taylor, Alistair J. Rigg, Clinton J. Boomer, Julian Neale, N. Jolly, Tom Phillips, and Linda Zayas-Palmer are classics from Legendary Games and with them alone we could create a hardcover compilation of around 240 pages! All of the above material is complete and ready to go for both Pathfinder and 5th Edition! 

That would make a pretty cool book on its own, but we also have some amazing brand-new bonus content we have ready for our stretch goals below, which might well push this book over 300 pages! Almost all writing and art for these bonus goals is already complete, and even if we don't quite hit our stretch goals, these products still will be completed and will be available for purchase separately, but if we hit those goals all of his great bonus content will be included in the compilation and backers will be able to download the individual PDFs after the Kickstarter ends! 

1 person likes this

I find it interesting that the hardback is only $20 more than the PDF and it comes with the PDF.  me thinks they are trying to get their publishing numbers up for the print run. 

Doesn't look bad but I am not in the market for another campaign right now.  I wish them luck!

The problem with all the 5e sourcebooks (I dunno about Pathfinder) is that it's only good for homebrew. I'd consider buying something if it was AL legal, but if not, it effectively becomes useless - I have a ton of stuff I could convert without much effort, but seeing as I no longer have an actual gaming group, I play mostly organized stuff. I'd be interested in more stuff if there was a way around that.

As someone with a publishing background, I don't really have an issue with the price of the PDF. The cost to make it is exactly the same as the cost of a print book minus the paper and physical casing (cover). That's likely less than 20$, so you're probably getting a discount from the cost even if it doesn't seem like it.