pcktlnt

Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves (RPE Miniatures)

Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project

Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.

7518d6a2674a62720da858a071f5d340_origina

If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun

c939732b17da99016f52ece802f2554a_origina

The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).

d11533a507689078cca949ca6d015c43_origina

The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.

1f3b1754873355cdb1f42bf4a88350bf_origina

His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out

6937f6ac1742b7b2ff8e7d5bca07b613_origina

Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.

5337489d452be53f66f4708d0ee4dae9_origina

The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.

6ace8d0a65f1dc821e0c94d4ac824f0b_origina

Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 

9bbf17fd9cf69eabe89f501c1b3332ac_origina

Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.

5cab413f780992c9de060831d577ce01_origina

The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.

1cdd7ddbaee8ab2c597253346dfef240_origina

He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 3

I just finished painting their last KS. I will say there were some nice fun minis to paint... but yeah I have over 500 minis incoming on KS so I will regretfully pass... well probably.... maybe... Ok I'll see how stretch goals go.... 

• Like 1

While I won't be backing myself (an issue with funds, and too many Dwarfs, even Dwarf Pirates specifically already), I will say their previous Dwarf Kickstarter was of excellent quality.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hystericalgames/spitfyre-aerial-combat-in-the-skies-of-panzerfaust

About
      Welcome to The Land and the world of Spitfyre, our exciting game of aerial warfare in a fantasy world. Enter a world where Dwarves and Orcs fly giant creatures and arm them with bombs and machine guns to continue their millennia long struggles... Come fight in the skies of Spitfyre and see if you can reign supreme over The Land!
      Spitfyre is a fun 'Historo-Fantasy' miniature aerial wargame in which 10mm scale miniatures are used to depict the everyday struggles of standard fantasy races such as Orcs and Dwarves fight out battles with 20th century weaponry.
      We are keeping this Kickstarter very simple with three basic pledge levels. The key one is 'Pilot' where pledgers will receive a discounted copy of the core game and ALL stretch goals added in FREE of charge.
      THE TARGET - £1000
      Spitfyre - the core game The target goal is to produce the core game which will include the rulebook, a flight of three 10mm scale resin Orc Spitfyre wyverns, a flight of four 10mm scale polyurethane resin Dwarf War-Eagles and seven flying bases.
      STRETCH GOAL I - £1500
      If we reach Stretch Goal I, all Pilot backers will have one polyurethane resin 10mm scale Dwarf KampfGrier 87 vulture dive bomber and flying base added to their pledge for free and the rules will be extended to include dive bombing.
       More Stretch Goals to come...

one of the dwarf war eagles fresh from the mould with no clean up
    • By DungeonWorks
        Game Decor has partnered with a very talented 3D artist under the banner of “DungeonWorks” and has lauched a Kickstarter for a new line of high resolution 3D printer files for modular dungeons and accessories. There are currently 3 lines of models with a total of 7 uniquely themed dungeons containing over 400 models planned for release. The first line consists of locations of classic encounters, such as the gothic stone dungeon, the dank caverns, and the half timbered town, all of which is easily compatible among the majority of fantasy settings. The second line is inspired by iconic computer based dungeon crawling role playing games where legendary settings are yours to design. The third line is driven by a high fantasy setting with tales of epic proportions. Several more themes and expansions for each line are planned to be released afterwards.

We are live now on Kickstarter

A little info about the 3 lines

“Classic Encounters” includes all your generic, classic settings. Basic dungeon, taverns, caves, city streets.

“Vintage Vault” is about recreating those classic video games and even board games. Everything in the game is recreated here in tile form. Relive the adventures of old or create new ones.

“Lost Realms” are deluxe sets. They're created just like a D&D module. There is an adventure theme already set out for a DM to build upon. So, these sets are heavily themed for instant adventuring.

One thing unique about my series is that all the dungeons come with a detailed center piece entrance to really set the mood for a might adventure.

I'd really like some feedback on what players and DMs would like to see. I've been in the RPG hobby since childhood and created a lot of this from a players perspective. I have around 200 free rewards to give out during the KS, but I'd really like to hear from you for more ideas.

Please note, these are NOT Openlock models. This project has been in the works for more than a year, well before openlock was even released.

• By SamuraiJack

About
      Comet Lord Miniatures is making it's first series of monstrous miniatures for your tabletop games.
      The Eye Sovereign that views beholders as mere slaves to carry out its ill will? A mimic able to disguise itself as a regular sized chest as it waits to burst out and devour an unlucky adventurer whole?
      Comet Lord Miniatures is seeking to fund the production of its first line of miniatures through this Kickstarter campaign.
      This campaign will start with 2 miniatures including 'The Giant Mimic' and 'The Eye Sovereign'. Hopefully we'll expand this into a full series of miniatures through some stretch goals!
      All miniatures require assembly and will be shipped unpainted.
      -
      -
      -
      Each of the miniatures will be made from high quality resin. The core miniatures for this campaign are both 'large sized' creatures and they are compatible with most 28mm scale tabletop map products. Turntable renders of the core miniatures

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      These are simply adorable! 

• Who's Online   31 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)