19 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2017 at 3:26 AM, Xherman1964 said:

Wrecker looks awesome!

I could see a unit of them in my Lost World armies!

Well painted!

Thanks! A whole unit would look crazy.

6 hours ago, SGHawkins09 said:

I found the thread! It was hiding from me. <_<

As I said on Monday, they look great. I really like how you painted the outside of the bases as stone instead of leaving them plain black.

Thanks! I arrived on the stone edges back in warmachine, and really took a liking to it for gaming pieces to make them look like they're a part of a game. I wanted them to look like chess pieces when I started out, and I think that's still an image that appeals to me.

And chisel is done! Wrecker will be next, with granite following up the tail. Chisel was a great mini to paint, beautiful face and the sculpt just makes the work easy.

IMG_0718.thumb.JPG.8d103d2f71a3509efdff04bb84198b1d.JPG

9 people like this

Wrecker is complete and like Chisel, it was a joy to paint, with great sculpted textures. All that's left is granite, and, once I get done building it I'll return to this thread with their goal.

IMG_0737.thumb.JPG.4080932de23b32965678a96518157d6b.JPG

7 people like this

On 4/20/2017 at 6:12 PM, Scorpionfish said:

Thank you for the tip! I actually usually use a fine point marker like an 005 Sakura pen for the eyes, it's my last step so it won't show up until the mini is done since the ink will run if it gets wet and isn't sealed. I'll have to take another angle on harmony, her eyes do look a bit odd at that angle,and I added a wash to her base to clean it up.

I have never ever gotten the marker thing to work for me. Even though I use a 5micron Sakura (and other types and even smaller sizes) it either won't leave a dot (yep the pen works on paper but no dot on the mini) or the point is too big to get down into the depression sculpted onto the mini.

glad it works for you. :lol:

2 people like this

On 5/6/2017 at 6:07 AM, Thes Hunter said:

I have never ever gotten the marker thing to work for me. Even though I use a 5micron Sakura (and other types and even smaller sizes) it either won't leave a dot (yep the pen works on paper but no dot on the mini) or the point is too big to get down into the depression sculpted onto the mini.

glad it works for you. :lol:

I've had it be pretty hit and miss depending on the marker.

Granite is done aside from a little touch up! I may have 1-2 more figures and a goalpost to add to the team soon, then I'll probably branch out to another team!

IMG_0742.thumb.JPG.e4f3d2d6a9e2f64d6f7d1ea2314c634f.JPG

8 people like this