fanguad

50321: Wild West Missionary

11 posts in this topic

OMG! (No pun intended!) Love Jesus or else! Haha! You're right, the crazy eyes work for him!

4 people like this

He is quite obsessed isn't he?

very good job!

Posted (edited)

The Eurythmics' lyrics came to mind immediately: "Don't mess with a missionary man!"

Well the missionary man / He's got god on his side.
He's got the saints and apostles / Backin' up from behind.
Black eyed looks / From those bible books.
He's a man with a mission / Got a serious mind.

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
5 people like this

He looks like a Phil Foglio character with that expression and those eyes.

1 person likes this

He looks like a more zealous member of Imus' First Church of the Gooey Death & Discount House of Worship. His WONDERFULLY expressive face make the miniature. Your brushwork & basing are OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE! 

That's awesome!  Is this a Reaper fig, or one you found on the melt table?  I'd love to find a copy of him.

2 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

That's awesome!  Is this a Reaper fig, or one you found on the melt table?  I'd love to find a copy of him.

This is a Reaper mini, although it doesn't look like he's currently available (or even showing up in the store).  He's resin, which probably cause supply-chain issues for them.

He may have been a limited run at one of the ReaperCons a while back.

Now that's a real fire and brimstone preacher!

Very good work on him; especially the crazy eyes.

Very impressive indeed. Love the NMM and the crazy eyes.. everything about this mini cries perfection! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By korimar
      Orson Lugrum, Evil Wizard 03638 by Bobby Jackson

• By Flaming Tiki
       Sneak peak at my "next" project. Custom base that I've been playing with (one of two). I made this from an old medicine jar, dollhouse crown molding (cast into a flexible piece), some strip styrene, balsafoam, smooth cast 300, alumalite quickset, and an old ring. I think that's it. Oh, and some Magic-Sculpt (two part clay) and let's not forget the tree bark. Still some clean up to do and more Magic-Sculpt/sculpting to bring the top (ground) piece together with the mountain.

• By Flaming Tiki
      Reaper Bones, Bobby Jackson sculpt. She was an uphill for me. Pretty happy with the end result, that being all that I learned with this mini.
       Thanks for stopping in.
                                      Joe   
    • By Pingo
      I speed-painted these over two afternoons to be a party of NPC adventurers for an eclectic mash-up of Exalted and the World of Darkness.  They are 77322, Kassandra of the Blade (sculpted by Werner Klocke); 77405, Aeris, Female Elf Ranger (sculpted by Julie Guthrie); as-yet unnumbered Mythos figures based on 50032: Jake Ryan, Hero Explorer (sculpted by Bobby Jackson) and the Victorian Lord from the set 50326: Victorian Lord & Dame (sculpted by Bob Ridolfi); and 77409, Flara, Elf Heroine (sculpted by Werner Klocke).

WIP thread here.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)