fanguad

50321: Wild West Missionary

OMG! (No pun intended!) Love Jesus or else! Haha! You're right, the crazy eyes work for him!

• Like 4

The Eurythmics' lyrics came to mind immediately: "Don't mess with a missionary man!"

Well the missionary man / He's got god on his side.
He's got the saints and apostles / Backin' up from behind.
Black eyed looks / From those bible books.
He's a man with a mission / Got a serious mind.

Edited by Grumpy Cave Bear
  • Like 5

He looks like a Phil Foglio character with that expression and those eyes.

• Like 1

He looks like a more zealous member of Imus' First Church of the Gooey Death & Discount House of Worship. His WONDERFULLY expressive face make the miniature. Your brushwork & basing are OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE! 

2 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

That's awesome!  Is this a Reaper fig, or one you found on the melt table?  I'd love to find a copy of him.

This is a Reaper mini, although it doesn't look like he's currently available (or even showing up in the store).  He's resin, which probably cause supply-chain issues for them.

Now that's a real fire and brimstone preacher!

Very good work on him; especially the crazy eyes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      The GM said we needed a nosferatu, so here we are.

This is Reaper's 02867: Matthias the Twisted, a gnarly rattish vampire.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

(I have to remember that I experimented with a cold blue-grey wash on some vampire figures that avoided all the nice warm undertones.)

I paint vampires with stark white skin, shaded with flat greys mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. This is almost the only time I ever use such a simple mix for greys.

The first layer is a thinned white (blodginess is the underpainting showing through).

Steps in shading:

• By Arc 724
      03821: Half Orc Merchant

I saw this guy and all I could think of was a random merchant walking between towns trying to stop you before you go to town and buy his wares. He might even have a quest or two at some point. 

The first photo is the base work I did on him. These is a VERY heavy miniature. I decided to keep him attached and just sculpt a base around his to blend. There will be grass and what not at the end which will blend things even better. I primed this chap then started working on his back pack and decided I should stop and do the face since it is usually the hardest point for me. It came out well and I may tweak it a be by the end. I wanted him to look like a "Fancy man" trying to get your attention and putting his best face forward to sell his wares. HA! The back pack coloration is inspired by the Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild treasure chest I saw online; dark brown with gold trim. Also in this picture you can see the rest of the base. I wanted to portray him possibly breaking over a direction sign (to the town) so you will ask him then he would offer his wares.  

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 03681: Nazera Bloodraven, Vampire.

I love her sculptural forms.  Whichever way she is turned, there is some interesting movement going on.  Bobby Jackson did a lovely job sculpting her.

I used iridescent interference blues and violets on her armor.  I am thinking about discussing how I paint reds.

WIP thread here.

• By sirgourls
      I actually bought 01589: Father Christmas two years ago, but I hadn't thought to slap paint on him until now. As I'm done teaching this semester, I had time to prime and paint this guy earlier this afternoon. Took me maybe three hours, which has gotta be some kind of personal best. I did chicken out on his eyes though. My brushes aren't super great and I didn't trust myself not to screw up the eyes/his face, so I didn't try them. 

• By Arc 724
      General Drake: 50147
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson

Woah! This was a miniature that I put on a shelf for WAY to long. I'm glad to be done with him. Really enjoyed this one. And no that is not a snake at his feet it is a cable... but I realize now it looks like a snake. Oh well. I hope you guys and gals enjoy it. I tried to make the brim of his cap look reflective. it turned out alright. 

The back drops are Hanger18, FYI. 

Action pose! 

WORK-IN-PROGRESS for General Drake
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)