22 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, knarthex said:

Looks Nice!

You used cotton because you didn't have any batting????????

Thanks! Correct, only had cotton on hand and so decided to use that. Didn't feel like waiting around and ordering some from somewhere or going out to get some.

21 hours ago, Thrym said:

He didn't need any batting, Deadpool is plenty batty already!

BWAHAHAHH!

1 person likes this

"Oh yeah! I'm touching myself tonight." 

Great sculpt and paintjob Uber! 7 hours? Nice work. :)

1 person likes this

Looks great! Gunsmoke is a little white.

1 person likes this

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning!

Excellent work on him, Ub3r!!

1 person likes this

Thanks guys and gals! I'm so happy everyone like him. ::D:

If more hero busts catch my inspiration like this one, I can see myself painting them up too. 

2 people like this

This looks great Uber! Can't say I blame him... I love the smell of spent powder! The cotton is a bit white, but you could use some greyish-blue washes on some experimental cotton to get the shading just right. Either way, this is a beautiful job!

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Kharsin said:

This looks great Uber! Can't say I blame him... I love the smell of spent powder! The cotton is a bit white, but you could use some greyish-blue washes on some experimental cotton to get the shading just right. Either way, this is a beautiful job!

Thanks!

Yeah, if I had to do it over again I may have done a bit more work on the cotton, but at this point I think it's just a good fun project to have done in a day. ::D:

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ub3r_n3rd
      I finally was able to get the time and - quite frankly - the painting bug biting me to get this done for Jasper the 2nd, who won my Artist page 500 likes random contest drawing. 

This is the figure he picked out of my collection and I'm going to mail him out this week. It's a Forge Guardian from Rackham Confrontation, dwarf of Tir-Na-Bor. Metal figure, at 28mm scale. It was actually quite fun to paint up. The base is a pre-made base that I painted to be a stained/rusted metallic from the old Stonehaven Dwarves kickstarter.

Anyhow, C&C are welcomed and greatly appreciated, thanks for looking!

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Good afternoon again!

Just finished Bale, the party's Eldrich Knight and god of Thunder/Battle for my current D&D campaign entitled "Broken Gods"

Another one that's painted up to TT+ standard for me and took about 3-4 hours to do.

Thanks for looking, C&C are welcomed and appreciated!
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Good afternoon everyone!

I've finished this tabletop + figure for one of my Players in my Broken Gods D&D game, this is Cairan the Warlock (pronounced as Keer-awn). He's the god of Death and War (tactics), think Valkyrie or the goddess "Morrigan" from Celtic lore.

Anyhow, it took probably 4-ish hours do do this figure to the TT+ standard and I added an eagle or hawk familiar from one of the bones familiar packs to his shoulder painted up as a large crow as the character has a large crow as a familiar.

Sorry for blurry pics, my phone is not cooperating with me today!

Anyhow, C&C are welcomed and appreciated, thanks for looking!
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      Just finished up with "Cadence", the figure is a modification of Dark Sword Miniatures Female Rogue (DSM-7437) where I cut off the dagger in the off-hand and added the lute from Reaper's Adventuring Accessories (02638) to make her into the party bard.

WIP Pics here - 

Anyhow enough chatter, here she is at my Tabletop+ standard:

Inspiration pic here -

Thanks for looking! C&C are welcomed and appreciated.
    • By ub3r_n3rd
      *trudges into his own cave again and invites guests to come ask him questions of any kind*

Welp, I've been kicked out of the Goblin Cave now have new digs, feel free to ask me whatever you like.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 6 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)