Skrill

77257: Chimera (Bones)

4 posts in this topic

Overall it looks neat!

Love the base.

1 person likes this

Fantastic work!

Nice work on the base, too. I like how it looks.

Very cool! I especially like how dark you went with the red on the dragon. The almost undead colors on the goat makes it look way more horrifying than usual. Awesome job.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MelmothWanders
      This little fella came out alright I think. My first successful attempt at painting human eyes at this scale.

• By Laoke
      While I've been relatively inactive, my lovely wife has not.  She's been working on a selection of figures some of which in my admittedly biased opinion are much better than anything I've ever done >.>

77265 - Drys, Dryad
      I love this figure and the paint job is so subtle.  The shading on the greens is superb - unfortunately, I'll have to work out how to link the front again : )

77313 - Krug, Hill Giant
      Yet again, some gorgeous shading on this figure. 

77314 - Golan, Hill Giant
      This figure is very... uh, purple.  But I think it works well.  I might have to go over it and tidy up some of the tree branch club - the paint coverage isn't as good as it could be.  But still a lovely bit of work.

89013 - Ezren, Iconic Wizard
      She has this annoying tendancy to rattle off freehand that's better than my "paint by numbers" detail work, elf her eyes!  This one was a fairly fast paint, with not as much shading as she's done elsewhere.

89014 - Seltyiel, Iconic Magus
      She refers to this one as her "Michael Jackson" figure, for obvious reasons : )

• By MelmothWanders
      My third attempt at miniature painting. 
      I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, though it's more green than I had originally intended and I struggled to get the large metal surfaces to take more paint after the first coat.

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello!

I picked up the Bones version of Corim the Kestrel, Gnome Sorcerer at Origins, and his nose is flattened compared to photos of the metal version. I have found one photo of another Corim and it looks like his nose is squashed in that one, too.

I'm assuming this is a casting flaw, and not an intentional feature. Do all of the Bones version of Corim have a squashed shnozz?

I know the days of gnomes with enormous noses are well past, but poor Corim should have at least some nose to speak of.
    • By OneBoot
      The following is going to be an EXPERIMENT! Please do try this at home, because I'm not a licensed professional and totally feel no obligation to warn you away from doing awesome things.  

My goal is to complete these 5 figures, from start to finish, within 48 hours. Whether I will succeed or not remains to be seen. It's more of a "Hey, let's see if I can paint humanoid figures quickly," and I work best with a deadline, artificial or not.

Here are my 5 victims:
      89009 Merisiel, Iconic Rogue (Tipsy)
      89024 Holy Vindicator (Trunk SlamChest)
      77480 Durok, Dwarf Ranger (Balin)
      77440 Masumi, Demon Hunter (Tsunami)
      77320 Galadanoth, Elf Sniper (Elrohir)

Group shot:

That's totally not DDS2 in the background, I don't know what you're talking about. Pay no attention to that at all, totally not relevant. 

So, I'll make this post my timestamp (12:00 PM PST), and away we go!

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)