Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob Dean

Fantasy Map

12 posts in this topic

Very stylized to match an old

fashioned map but still clear enough to read.  I am sure your players will love it.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, hosercanadian said:

Very stylized to match an old

fashioned map but still clear enough to read.  I am sure your players will love it.

Since it's for a solo campaign, I'm sure of it. ::D:

4 people like this

Amazing.. why didn't I have DM's like you ever.. :)

Cool!

Not much of an artist? Poppycock, this is great!

1 person likes this

That's awesome!!

And now I have a new book to read on my England trip!

2 people like this

Thank you for posting this! Your map looks great!  Now I need to get the book and rework my campaign map!

It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought that it might be, and took me about six or eight hours at a time when I was constrained to be in a hotel waiting on events. I'd usually paint miniatures, but wanted to get this done since I have a use for it. 

The next one will be for a different collection of miniatures, be about 16" by 24" ( roughly doubled dimensions, four times the surface) and painted with more subdued colors. I have an intro to watercolors book to read while penciling and inking. ::P:

5 people like this

On 4/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, Patrik Strom said:

Not much of an artist? Poppycock, this is great!

My thoughts exactly.

1 person likes this

Cool dude, I love that you are reading and teaching yourself new skills!  Yeah water colors are great!

I hate working on other projects and letting my mini backlog grow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By heruca
      Hi folks. I am creating cross-platform map-making software (for Windows and macOS), suitable for creating both print-resolution maps and lower-resolution maps suitable for use with virtual tabletop software. It's called MapForge, and it will be sort of a spiritual successor to Dundjinni, but with a greater focus on stitching maps together from pre-existing map tiles and then customizing the resulting map (with additional decorations, etc.) to suit the GM's particular needs.

MapForge should appeal to GMs of face-to-face game sessions and to those using any VTT software, who want to create their own slick-looking battlemaps to visually enrich their RPG sessions (in any genre), but who find existing mapping programs (including image-editing tools such as Gimp and Photoshop) too intimidating/confusing/expensive.

I am currently running a Kickstarter campaign to fund the program's development. The software will be priced to be very accessible/affordable, probably $30 or so, but it's just $27 during the Kickstarter campaign. And to help offset the cost even more, there will be at least 9 free content Add-Ons for it, covering various genres. MapForge will also offer a free level of use, so having a license won't be required to make maps with it.
      Version 1.0 of MapForge should be ready to go on sale in July 2017. Shortly after that, MapForge will also have the ability to generate random "dungeon" layouts via Donjon.

I hope you will all take a minute to check out the project, play around with the downloadable prototype, and if you like what you see, tell your GM friends about it.

Thanks!
      --Hernan (aka Heruca)

PS: The campaign funded on day 1, and is now at 475% of the funding goal, with ~1330 backers and 9 days to go. All the Stretch Goals have already been unlocked.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2031135231/morningstar-starship-map-poster-and-miniature?ref=category_newest

24x36 inch double-sided deckplan poster & matching resin miniature - a versatile, heavy corvette for your science-fiction / space RPG.
    • By vutpakdi
      Make old school hex style terrain maps for your RPG with a new version of Hexographer from Inkwell Ideas:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inkwellideas/worldographer-hexographer-2-easy-map-world-creator?ref=nav_search

Hexographer 1 is available as a free version or paid download (currently $16). The software is a bit clunky from a UX perspective, but I had fun playing around making maps.

From the Kickstarter page:

It is hard to believe, but Hexographer is 7 years old! My thanks to everyone for your support over the years.

Classic Style Map
      This project will help us take the tool to the next level! Here is what we can do with a new version (not all of this is in the demo version yet):
      A new architecture allows us to have undo/redo functionality. Better "child maps." Create a world map and from that same map create a continent level map as well as a kingdom level map. It will remain one file so most changes to one level map will be reflected in the others. Hexographer's rather simple "note" functionality can expand to allow you to detail each location as well as things about your world not tied to a location: religions, cultures, important NPCs, etc. It becomes an interactive Gazetteer! We're adding an entirely new, more realistic icon set to the software. Polygons, Lines, Ovals, etc. have more options for shadows and textures. Easy drag and drop of labels and features: Most apps make this tricky, but we're improving it. Icosohedral Maps have been planned into Worldographer from the beginning. Configuration of new terrain, features, and textures is much easier. (Just drop files to a specific folder.) The new user interface framework gives the software a cleaner look. Mini-generators create details for notes about cities, castles, ruins, etc. Import Hexographer 1 files.  

Child Map/Map Levels Example

Another classic map style.
    • By sirgourls
      So while I'm currently running a game already, I've been jonesing to create a new setting. I don't know if it's because my current game is edging on the two-year mark (!) and that part of my brain is just getting antsy, or if it's because I'm afraid for the possible TPK in a few weeks (my PCs are hell bent on fighting a CR25 dragon at level 12), but whatever the case, I've been slowly chipping away at a new setting for my next game. Yesterday I began work on the map! For reference, the scale is 6 miles to a hex. So this is a pretty expansive area.

• By Telrathien
      Hello,
      I have a new building map project up on Kickstarter.

There are 28 maps currently available, and this project will add at least 4 more.

Please take a look.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1592014779/tabletop-rpg-building-maps-floorplans-0
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)