Stunning paint job. Easily one of the coolest looking dragonman minis I've seen. I also thought of the Keith Parkinson as soon as I saw it. Very evocative. This guy deserves to be in the inspiration gallery and on the shop page... and now it's in my cart. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

OUTSTANDING!  Your brushwork is BEAUTIFUL, but it is the STUNNING choice of colors that make the miniature for me. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Humansquish said:

Amazing work! Did you use an olive drab to shad the white?

The outline is stone shade then the white highlights were, polished bone, leather white, pure white. The brown on the larger scales was a GW brown shade, don't remember the name

Edited by Mutilatedlips
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Wow, this white color scheme is really cool. The whole thing makes me think of a Keith Parkinson painting. 

ha! I know the painting you are talking about with the dragon/lizardmen lost in the snow. I like his art and even have a giclee print of his hanging on a wall. (Hope this is not a double post, previous response not appearing for me.)

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Another Snake Warrior for my Lost World.
      WIP Here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=120

This is Reaper Warlord 14187 Ssathuss.
      A Nagendra Warrior.

• By Chaoswolf
      I finished this guy Friday night, he was a rescue from the melt table at last Reapercon. He was relatively quick to paint, and pretty fun, too. Some of the shading I did on his 'belly' scales is hard to see due to the angle of the pics, but what you see on his bottom half is also present on his chest area, too. I got his eyes looking pretty good (although to be fair, they are a bit bigger than the average human sized figures eyes). I had thought about giving him some patterns on his scales, but decided against it.

The base was one of the first ones I've done using base stamps; I'm not entirely happy with it, but it's not awful, either. More practice both with the stamps, and with what material I use for the base is in order. This one was straight Green Stuff.

Thanks for looking, please let me know what you think.

ETA----I put 2 SKU numbers in the title because he is available either by himself (14423) or in a multi-pack with 9 total figures (06155).
    • By Level1painter
      Hi Guys,

This one took a little while but I had a lot of fun doing it.

The original mini had the figure standing on its tail awkwardly so that it was positioned mid air. 
      I decided to make a base for it so that it wouldn't look like it was using its tail to do a jump attack. 

The column that the figure is standing on is made of an eraser.  I used a knife to cut it into a basic rectangular prism shape. 
      I then sliced off the corners at a 45 degree angle and glued them back onto the prism so that it made a column shape. 
      I then proceeded use a scalpel to cut out the groves in the column to give it that damaged look. 
      Cutting the final column shape on an angle so that when it was stuck down, it was slanted. 
      The debris on the bottom is made of leftover eraser cut offs and coffee grain while the base is made of 2 washers.
      I let that set for a day before glueing the figure onto it. 

I went for a green and yellow colour palette for the figure. Starting with a dark green base, I moved onto a bright green mid tone and finished with a yellow highlight. Part of me is actually wondering if this worked out well as I am actually colour blind to certain shades of yellow and lighter greens. 

With the wings, I tried painting a spotted pattern to try and replicate that you see on lizards in my area. 
      I made the outer part of the wing darker than the inside to try and draw attention to the front of the figure. 
      I also tried to paint in an artificial metallic shine on the spear head. This was hard but I'm happy with the result. 

Let me know what you think guys.

Happy to listen to any feedback.

- Level1painter 

• By Glitterwolf
      This will be yet another Undead /Demon Army.
      ( what can I say? I love evil miniatures).

This army has an Asian theme.
      Undead Samurai
      Oni
      Asian Dragons
      Some living Asian Allies.
      Kirin

Hope you will enjoy  it.

I created a background story for it, it is on page 2.
      Have fun reading!

I will paint slowly and it may take a while, but I'm putting this out here to start.
      Since I backed Zentih's Kensei Undead KS I have a few of the Undead Samurai and Demons waiting
      I also have the Grenadier Wind Dragon ( alas without the two humans) and the Grenadier Imperial Dragon of the Eleven Celestial Dynasties
      And some Living Samurai.
      Also a nice Asian Graveyard Set.

Some stuff that has to get painted soon..

• By Glitterwolf
      From the Kensei Undead KS.
      A Kubikajiri Demoness enjoying her dinner..

She is part of my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon project.
      WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=2

• Who's Online   41 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)