Hibou

Shadow War Armageddon

34 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2017 at 0:09 PM, Mehman said:

From what I can gather, this is a preview for 8th Ed coming out in June.

This has been outright denied by GW.  They said that while the 2nd edition 40K rules that Shadow War, and Necromunda before it, are based on are great for skirmish games they are not going to be returning to them for the larger 40K scale games. 

As to what I will play, at least initially it will be Craftworld Eldar.  I also want to make a Genestealer Cult and an Ad Mech list.

When the second print of the rulebook comes out they are adding Sisters of Battle and Inquisition so at that time I want to do an Inquisition force. 

4 people like this

I think it's very likely that I'll get a Genestealer Cult kill team at some point. I've always loved the idea of Genestealer Cults ever since I leafed through the Tyranid codex from 2nd edition, and this is a great way to scratch that itch without looking at the expense of buying a whole army.

3 people like this

Hmmm...

Genestealer cult. I'm pretty sure I've got some of the original figures around here someplace...

I can see this as being a really good opportunity to paint some cool models without needing to get a whole armies' worth.

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

This has been outright denied by GW.  They said that while the 2nd edition 40K rules that Shadow War, and Necromunda before it, are based on are great for skirmish games they are not going to be returning to them for the larger 40K scale games. 

As to what I will play, at least initially it will be Craftworld Eldar.  I also want to make a Genestealer Cult and an Ad Mech list.

When the second print of the rulebook comes out they are adding Sisters of Battle and Inquisition so at that time I want to do an Inquisition force. 

They've outright denied plenty of stuff in the past and, lo and behold, there it was. We'll just have to wait and see when the edition is shipped. I'll remain hopeful until then.

Thinking on it some more, when the rules become available, I'd like to start up an Ad-Mech list, too. Might as well use the guys I got in a trade a while back. Plus, they look neat ^_^! The Inquisition force is a must, though.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2017 at 9:29 PM, Mehman said:

Thinking on it some more, when the rules become available, I'd like to start up an Ad-Mech list, too. Might as well use the guys I got in a trade a while back. Plus, they look neat ^_^! The Inquisition force is a must, though.

I've ALSO started work on my AdMech for this! I have exactly 3 models ready, and of those 3 this is the best (although there's some details I'd like to clean up).

IMG_5550.JPG

As it happens, a large part of my job requires me to be up to date on what the industry is doing, so I have to do this kind of stuff to understand when customers ask me for models to use in X game, Y army, or Z race/class(RPG). The real tragedy is that means I end up collecting thousands of models for dozens of games and spending my free time painting and playing.  For work. Not at all because I love this hobby so much I made it my career. 

This coming Sunday I'll be engaged in my first session of Industry Research as I take on a kill team of Necrons and maybe a second game research session involving Alpha Legion.

Edited by Reaperbryan
13 people like this

ReaperBryan,   Your extracurricular work activities sound suspiciously like fun.

7 people like this

6 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

I've ALSO started work on my AdMech for this! I have exactly 3 models ready, and of those 3 this is the best (although there's some details I'd like to clean up).

IMG_5550.JPG

Yours turned out cleaner than mine have so far

20170417_215441.png

9 people like this

17 hours ago, Hibou said:

ReaperBryan,   Your extracurricular work activities sound suspiciously like fun.

Absolutely not. It's serious study and dedication to my career. there's no possible way these could be construed as anything other than business expenses.

9 people like this

2 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Absolutely not. It's serious study and dedication to my career. there's no possible way these could be construed as anything other than business expenses.

I need to get me some of those kinds of business expenses...

4 people like this

Played our first game of Shadow War. Was just as fun as expected. Inquisition vs Skitaari. 

4 people like this

I am playing my first games tomorrow night.  My GS cult versus grey nights I have almost 3 times as many guys as my opponent but his guys are pretty tough. Should be interesting.  

4 people like this

I got my copy yesterday and by He-Upon-the-Golden-Throne... it's amazing ^_^! Skitarii Ranger Kill Team here I come!

4 people like this

I may have to get a copy and put the oldest of my models back on the table.

4 people like this

Well I lost my first battle pretty bad. Never hit anything.  But only lost one figure and got 2 skills in the end game. 

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Mehman said:

I got my copy yesterday and by He-Upon-the-Golden-Throne... it's amazing ^_^! Skitarii Ranger Kill Team here I come!

I got my basic Kill Team finished, plus 2 possible special troops - a tech-priest enginseer and a Sicaran infiltrator.  Also there's Arch-magos Belisarius Cawl, because he was fun to paint.

IMG_5603.JPG

9 people like this