Chris Palmer

Thor Ragnarok Trailer

42 posts in this topic

Nit: It's a teaser, not a trailer.

20 minutes ago, etherial said:

Nit: It's a teaser, not a trailer.

Nit accepted.  Though techinically it's labeled as a "Teaser Trailer" so I would think either name would be acceptable.  And, at almost 2 minutes long, I'd say  it is almost bordering on being a trailer trailer.  :)

4 people like this

I don't really care who Jeff Goldblum is in Thor, he is always just Jeff Goldblum. And my brain is perfectly happy to accept that Jeff Goldblum is an interstellar gladiatorial fight organizer of some sort, because of course he is.
6 people like this

That looks amazing. I can't wait to see Goldblum's scenes. And the big green guy. 

2 people like this

Hel: "Son of Odin, how dare you return? Your foolish pride with end you the way it ended Asguard. I have an army of the dead!"

Thor: "I have a Hulk."

7 people like this

I just love how happy Thor looks when he sees hulk walk out of the cage on the opposite side of the arena.

And all those crazy bright backgrounds! 

6 people like this

Is it wrong that I was happy to see Loki? Too bad if it is. :wub:

8 people like this

It looks goofy and delightful and silly and fun.

I have always enjoyed "Immigrant Song".  I hope it is in the actual movie.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can't hear that song anymore and not see 'Viking Kittens'.

Youtube pulled the video down for some reason though.

Edited by Chaoswolf
fixed bad wording
6 people like this

Looks like a fun flick and it'll be released in time for Armageddon!  :winkthumbs:

2 people like this

I'm psyched for this and GotG Vol2

4 people like this

I had to go watch it again.

I'm not susceptible to earworms, but sometimes one piece of music interferes with another in my memory and I can't remember it properly.

So I was trying to remember the urgent, pulsing opening to "Immigrant Song" and instead I kept getting the (superficially similar) opening to "Heaven on Their Minds" from "Jesus Christ Superstar".

So ... I had to go watch it again.  ::P:

4 people like this

My husband is hoping that one of the scenes quickly glimpsed is his absolute favoritemost from the entire comic book run of "Thor": the time the Executioner stood alone defending the bridge Gjallerbru.

I'm with him on this one.  The Executioner had always been little more than a lame lackey of the Enchantress and this scene redeemed him epically.  I would :wub: to see it on film.

5 people like this

59 minutes ago, Pingo said:

My husband is hoping that one of the scenes quickly glimpsed is his absolute favoritemost from the entire comic book run of "Thor": the time the Executioner stood alone defending the bridge Gjallerbru.

I'm with him on this one.  The Executioner had always been little more than a lame lackey of the Enchantress and this scene redeemed him epically.  I would :wub: to see it on film.

This too...

"He stood alone at Gjallerbru..."

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      Ok, just came across this bizarre trailer on Youtube of  Russian Fantasy Movie produced by Disney.  I think it's a real thing, at least according to this Hollywood reporter article:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-russia-local-language-movies-885954

Anyway if you want to see Baba Yaga in her flying mortar, plus a great shot of her hut running, check it out... 

• By KingMob
      http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2017/07/mv-challenge-2017.html?m=1

Peace and blessings,  brothers and sisters. The crew at Massive Voodoo have let loose their call for their 2017 Challenge.

The crew at Massive Voodoo set out challenges to their viewers in order to push our abilities past our comfort zone. This year they have two (2) Challenges for us!

1. Create a base using water effects.

2. Paint a Disney Infinity character.

There are limitations in this challenge - like on the basing Challenge: the goal is to create a base with a water effect, not to focus on a figure. They said we can use a small animal to accent the base, and Reaper has some awesome Familiars we can use. Also, Infinity Challenge is one figure, not multiple, which allows us to focus doing our best on one figure. Full details can be found by clicking on the link. 

I heard that little voice too: "I cannot win this! Why should I even try?" 
      Well shut the front door little-voice-in-my-head! 

I know I have much to learn and improve in my own Art, which is why this is a Challenge. We cannot lose: we win just by pushing past our comfort zone and learning more about our beloved hobby. :D

I said it before and I will keep repeating it: I believe in you. I see the awesome work you all do, and you believe in me too. That love helps me believe in myself and makes me want to work harder to push past my own limits.

Plus we get to paint a character from the Disney franchise - which includes Marvel and Star Wars! I didn't even consider painting these as well as playing with them! ( Don't judge too harshly. Elsa kicks butt.)

For a full list of characters available, check 'em out here:

http://www.portalcharacters.com/disney-infinity/figures.asp

You can find them individually and inexpensively on eBay. 

Now, if you will excuse me: I have some Reaper Familiars to peruse. :D

May your efforts be rewarded and blessed!

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So my friend has decided to run a Legendary Marvel Deckbuilding Games Organized Play event has his new opened store to help advertise his store and to show off the new X-men expansion for Legendary.  As he is newish to the game itself and to running events, I have been tapped to help come up with the format.  I myself haven't run any Upper Deck Organized Play events, but I have run and played in several other similar other events.  For those who play I would like feedback to see if I missed anything, or if anything is unclear.  I any one local (or semi-local) wants to play, let me know and I can post the information.

The most important thing to my mind was to make sure that the scenarios were balanced but still allow the players to have agency and be able to show off their skill.  As such, I have designed 3 scenarios (Scheme, Mastermind, Villains, and henchmen) and will be allowing the players to draft their own Heroes.  Normally all of these factors are determined randomly, which can result in games that can range from simple to practically impossible.  Since there will be exclusive cards up for grabs, I wanted to make it fair for everyone.  Additionally, as the theme of this Organized Play event is the new X-men expansion, I restricted all choices where possible to the cards provided in that set.  I also eliminated the "Driven Mad by Power- Phoenix" card from play as it will potentially break the game.

Link for the scenario and rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z9RIBps8TxOlmgRBKb8L-n3SSVOLbyfhFD9O5eKllD4/edit?usp=sharing

• By Chris Palmer
      Just released:
      It's going to be one heck of a year for movies!

• By Metalchaos
      Not Reaper minis, but with the upcoming Alien Covenant movie I thought these would be appropriate.
      Long out of production 25mm Miniatures 20300, Alien Warrior Boxed Set #1. They were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi in the early 90's for Leading Edge Games.

I went with three diffrent color just for a change. I added acid saliva in the mouth of one of them and a big wound on another one.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)