TGP

Pirate Ship Names

57 posts in this topic

There is going to be a pirate faction this year. Pirates need ships. Ships have names. 

Maybe it it would be fun (or even useful) to generate a list of names for such vessels. Ground rules:

• Family friendly. :ph34r: 
  • Be original.
  • Italicize ship's names if you can manage. 
  • Avoid names that exist in history or especially prior fiction. Examples: Queen Anne's Revenge, Dawn Treader, Black Pearl...
  • Pun Names are encouraged.

=====Start of the List====

Dawn Shredder

Pope Bryan's Revenge

Green Pearl

Red Lion

Lucy

Alice

5 people like this

Well, I don't read pirate fiction, but how about:

Reaper's Revenge

Kraakon's Revenge

Kraakon's Blood

Black (or Red) Kraakon

Black (or Red) Skull

Black (or Red) Cutlass

Red Lobster's Revenge

The Crab Shack's Revenge (could also be a floating brothel...)

Back to my SuG III!

3 people like this

This might be a useful link: Incomplete Fictional Ship Name List

I have labeled it incomplete because it only listed one of the two named ships from Narnia. But it is a good long list. 

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, TGP said:

Pope Bryan's Revenge

Wait... Wait... Wait... Who sank Pope Bryan's original ship?!?!

4 people like this

Dreadmere's Curse

A Lady Scorned

Reapers Tide

2 people like this

My three Goblin Smugglers are the Fast Flo, Saucy Susan, & Nasty Nancy.

Fast Flo's is also the name of an evening establishment; Fast Flo is known for her many nieces & younger sisters.

2 people like this

If I recall correctly, the pirate faction is supposed to be an all female crew. Not knowing their overall disposition, ship names can go from the empowering "blossoming flower" category to "something-something-shrill-harpies".

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Wait... Wait... Wait... Who sank Pope Bryan's original ship?!?!

Buglips the Tangerine aboard the Goblin Reaver

5 people like this

8 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

If I recall correctly, the pirate faction is supposed to be an all female crew. Not knowing their overall disposition, ship names can go from the empowering "blossoming flower" category to "something-something-shrill-harpies".

All-Female Crew? Does that mean us males get to be Captains only?  Or does that mean we don't get to join the faction?

Cause I'm not cross-dressing for ReaperCon... just sayin'

4 people like this

The Speed Painter

The HGI Fyrespark'r (aka party barge that only comes out at night. Kraken & other beverages served nightly. ::D:)

5 people like this

Can anyone guess the name of my ship?

*BONK!*

::D:

5 people like this

Female Crew:

Black Bloomer

Black Bloomer's Revenge

Red Bloomer (or Red Bloomer's Revenge) (Friday Night Voyages... woof, this gives me an idea for a flat)

Black Harpy

Harpy's Blood (or Soul) (per Cranky Dog above)

Mixed/Male Crew:

Neptune's Soul (or Skull or Revenge or Blood)

Satin's Soul (or Revenge or Blood)

Vaitalla's Revenge (or Blood)

1 person likes this

Sally IV  -- this one's the lucky one!

4 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pcktlnt
      Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project
      Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
      They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
      Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.
       If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
      1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
      4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
      7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun
       The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).
       The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.
       His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out
       Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.
       The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.
       Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 
       Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.
       The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.
       He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 
    • By SamuraiJack
      Link will go here when live..
    • By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, I thought I'd start a thread to share some of the other things that I have been painting. I started painting models around 25 years ago, mostly to be used for D&D. In the late 90s, though, I got introduced to Warhammer.

I eventually painted up three big armies (Empire, Ogres, and Undead) but it was pirates and the nautical theme that really grabbed me. I am working on six smallish armies of Warhammer or Age of Sigmar, but I have also added lots of terrain and other models from Reaper.

Here is a quick pic of a bunch of the models and terrain. I can go into more details later.

• By Sharkbelly
      Hey all, I thought I'd share a little guide on how I converted two Weapons and Warriors pirate ships for gaming. These guys are usually for sale at a reasonable price ($25-30) on ebay as part of the W&W Pirate Battle game. They have the added bonus of coming with two smaller boats and lots of good extras like cannons and palm trees.

Here is the unmodified ship. First I clipped the little extra bits that are for the W&W game, and then I puttied over any gaps.

Then I gave the whole ship a couple of coats of brown primer. For terrain and other projects like this, I usually use Krylon primer. It does just fine when there is not a lot of small details to obscure. I primed the sails white. The main mast, mizzen mast, and bowsprit all detach.

I picked out some detail colors and painted the decks a lighter color. The ships turned out like this:

The two small ships and the two boats in the foreground are from W&W. The big ship in the back is a resin model.

If you are looking for some ships for your games, this might be the way to go!
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)