TGP

Pirate Ship Names

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

The Great White!

It'll get yah with pyrotechnics!! ::o:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Raging Skullz

Figurehead: a Valkyrie in scale armor, with up reached arms, holding in each hand an enraged barbarian's skull. 

• Like 3

The Salty Clam

The Raging Narwhal

Stormbringer

Orcamorca

• Like 3

On 4/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, GlenP said:

Female Crew:

Black Bloomer

Black Bloomer's Revenge

Red Bloomer (or Red Bloomer's Revenge) (Friday Night Voyages... woof, this gives me an idea for a flat)

Black Harpy

Harpy's Blood (or Soul) (per Cranky Dog above)

Mixed/Male Crew:

Neptune's Soul (or Skull or Revenge or Blood)

Satin's Soul (or Revenge or Blood)

Vaitalla's Revenge (or Blood)

I once built a model (the Maiden of the Sea by World Works Games) for a friends Satyxis army for WARMACHINE - named Victorious Secret...

The ship in Shipful of Monsters is named The Maidenhead -

(Megan once found me dancing with our baby to that song... I have seldom seen her looking so happy.)

For myself, I would likely go with names like The Termagant or The Golden Slipper.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, Pingo said:

(Huh.  "The Black Freighter" is from the song "Pirate Jenny" from "The Threepenny Opera", the second most famous song in that opera after "Mack the Knife".  That's where Alan Moore got it from to put into "Watchmen".  

Sometimes I wish the comic book parts of Wikipedia showed awareness of anything beyond comic books.)

I often wish that... Megan and I did a steampunk game based on that song - Megan's character, in the LARP parts of the campaign, was Jenny.

Sung by the unforgettable Nina Simone -

(The first time Megan heard it was the version from Rogues Gallery, by Shilpa Ray, which is where that campaign began.)

The Auld Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      EDIT: Kickstarter is now Live!

"Hi everyone, we are back - and with a brand new Kickstarter!
      Later this week we are launching a Kickstarter featuring Viking and Anglo-Saxon ships, buildings and accessories - and we wanted to get the word out.

Yes...more ships! During the Kickstarter we'll be making some of our older ships and popular models available for a limited time as well as the new ones. Same designs - but now unpainted.
      To recap on our history: Last year we closed up our webstore and decided to pretty much quit making models. But after some thought we came up with the idea for a "Model of the Month" (MoTM) - evolve to go forward! Each month we make a brand new model available for purchase - we take orders, build and ship exactly that number, then "retire" the kit and move on to something else on the next month.
      We have been slowly building up customers and getting the word out there. Some models did better than others but what was clear to us was that we still enjoyed making models, just at a more relaxed pace. Only doing one model a month was way more enjoyable and because we could mass-produce more efficiently - it's also a better business model for us.
      Renaissance Miniatures has never been our bread and butter. We do okay on Model-of-the-Month and Kickstarters but the webstore was always more pain than gain.
      Then came our small Viking ship as one of our MoTM offerings. Vikings was a genre we had never done before but our ship models are always a favorite of customers. So, rather than spinning them out over months - lo and behold: A new Kickstarter featuring what a lot of people know us for..ships!

The Model of the Month is on hold right now while we get the Kickstarter running - but it'll start up again in a couple of months. But for now, the Viking Kickstarter is the main priority. Getting the models made and sent out to backers as quickly as possible.
      So please join us next week and follow along. Give us some feedback and lets make this fun again. We love talking with you guys. And we love having our models be involved with your enjoyment of tabletop gaming. Now....lets play!
      If all goes well, we'll launch the new Kickstarter on the 9th (this coming Friday)"
    • By Sanael
      So, a looooooong time ago, I painted this as a gift to my then-girlfriend (now wife), known to a few around here as Nissiana:

Then the 54mm "Master Series" came out. Nissiana picked up the Monique DeNoir figure and painted a stellar monochrome version as a gift for me. Around the same time (shortly after the model was released, so early 2008), I picked up the 54mm counterpart of the above figure, Maria Roseblade. I intended at the time to paint her as a gift to Nissiana...and I started painting her. Got a few basecoats, even. Then, other projects for games, contests, etc. cropped up and Maria was sidelined. It's been a running joke ever since, as Nissiana knows about the intended gift.

So, before mid-March 2018, I want to finish this up.

Here's where we are:

I want to follow the oxblood leather/blue top ideas of the original figure, but the light blue piping is getting replaced with ivory lace. I'm also happy with where I left a lot of the skin, so I don't need to repaint much. But there's plenty left to do!

The white patch on her thigh is greystuff, required for some gap filling.

Here we go!
    • By Crowley
      Time to get the crew together, starting with the Heritor and Warden!

Tonight was all about cleaning flash and mold lines, and there was a fair bit to do on both of these ladies. Also the Heritors swords were both really bent. They'll both be cut from their bases tomorrow and attached to new textured bases that all of the crew will be using.

More on that tomorrow!
    • By Dr.Bedlam
      So today I got my "Pirates" set from Antediluvian Miniatures. Nine days, transatlantic. The set consists of "pirates" who could conceivably be painted to somewhat resemble Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, Vizzini, and the Man in Black, aka Westley the Barn Boy, aka the Dread Pirate Roberts.

They sit on my workbench, the primer drying. And while I thought to myself, "These figures will make fine NPCs and guest stars, as well as wonderful showpieces," I also find myself thinking, "It's a durn shame they couldn't have stuck Princess Buttercup in there. And Prince Humperdinck, while I'm thinking about it. And what about the Six Fingered Man? Hell, and Miracle Max? And his wife?"

And so, while I wait for the primer to dry, I ask the Group Mind: What figures, from what manufacturers, would be convincing doubles for:

*Princess Buttercup
      *Prince Humperdinck
      *The Six Fingered Man
      *Miracle Max
      *Max's wife?

• By Darsc Zacal
      From a new sculptor.
      The Kickstarter is now live!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/242681928/30mm-female-pirates/description

• Who's Online   34 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)