TGP

Pirate Ship Names

62 posts in this topic

St. Elmo

or

The Chicken of the Sea

3 people like this

The Invinceble.

I'll let you figure that one out of your own.

~v

6 people like this

"Fors Fortis"

2 people like this

The Great White!

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

The Great White!

It'll get yah with pyrotechnics!! ::o:

2 people like this

49 minutes ago, haldir said:

It'll get yah with pyrotechnics!! ::o:

The flying squirrel. ...

1 person likes this

The Devils Mistress

4 people like this

Beatrice

2 people like this

Raging Skullz

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Raging Skullz

Figurehead: a Valkyrie in scale armor, with up reached arms, holding in each hand an enraged barbarian's skull. 

3 people like this

The Salty Clam

The Raging Narwhal

Stormbringer

Orcamorca

3 people like this

On 4/10/2017 at 3:35 PM, GlenP said:

Female Crew:

Black Bloomer

Black Bloomer's Revenge

Red Bloomer (or Red Bloomer's Revenge) (Friday Night Voyages... woof, this gives me an idea for a flat)

Black Harpy

Harpy's Blood (or Soul) (per Cranky Dog above)

Mixed/Male Crew:

Neptune's Soul (or Skull or Revenge or Blood)

Satin's Soul (or Revenge or Blood)

Vaitalla's Revenge (or Blood)

I once built a model (the Maiden of the Sea by World Works Games) for a friends Satyxis army for WARMACHINE - named Victorious Secret...

The ship in Shipful of Monsters is named The Maidenhead -

(Megan once found me dancing with our baby to that song... I have seldom seen her looking so happy.)

For myself, I would likely go with names like The Termagant or The Golden Slipper.

On 4/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, Pingo said:

(Huh.  "The Black Freighter" is from the song "Pirate Jenny" from "The Threepenny Opera", the second most famous song in that opera after "Mack the Knife".  That's where Alan Moore got it from to put into "Watchmen".  

Sometimes I wish the comic book parts of Wikipedia showed awareness of anything beyond comic books.)

I often wish that... Megan and I did a steampunk game based on that song - Megan's character, in the LARP parts of the campaign, was Jenny.

Sung by the unforgettable Nina Simone -

(The first time Megan heard it was the version from Rogues Gallery, by Shilpa Ray, which is where that campaign began.)

The Auld Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dr.Bedlam
      So today I got my "Pirates" set from Antediluvian Miniatures. Nine days, transatlantic. The set consists of "pirates" who could conceivably be painted to somewhat resemble Inigo Montoya, Fezzik, Vizzini, and the Man in Black, aka Westley the Barn Boy, aka the Dread Pirate Roberts.

They sit on my workbench, the primer drying. And while I thought to myself, "These figures will make fine NPCs and guest stars, as well as wonderful showpieces," I also find myself thinking, "It's a durn shame they couldn't have stuck Princess Buttercup in there. And Prince Humperdinck, while I'm thinking about it. And what about the Six Fingered Man? Hell, and Miracle Max? And his wife?"

And so, while I wait for the primer to dry, I ask the Group Mind: What figures, from what manufacturers, would be convincing doubles for:

*Princess Buttercup
      *Prince Humperdinck
      *The Six Fingered Man
      *Miracle Max
      *Max's wife?

• By Darsc Zacal
      From a new sculptor.
      The Kickstarter is now live!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/242681928/30mm-female-pirates/description

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Expansion sets for the Blood and Plunder tabletop game.  Live on Kickstarter.

About this project
      Blood is on the horizon! The iron grip of Iberian Domination is eclipsing the 17th century Caribbean as the world races to seize its spoils. Join the emerging Dutch Republic as it battles for its place among the established European powers or defy foreign incursion as a Darien King in this expansion to Blood and Plunder, No Peace Beyond the Line.
      No Peace Beyond the Line is the first major expansion for the Blood and Plunder miniatures game. This expansion will revolve around the No Peace Beyond the Line book that will feature:
      Optional rules for playing games at a greater scale or with more than two players A campaign system Special characters that players will be able to add to units New units and factions for the existing nationalities New nationalities including the Dutch and Native Caribbeans New ships: Piragua, Fluyt and  the Galleon!  Factions for expanded nationalities such as Danes, Swedes, Prussians, and Portuguese This Kickstarter allows us to raise the funding needed to expand our product line to this scale in a short period of time as opposed to having slow, continuous releases. Firelock Games is excited to have the opportunity to continue expanding the world and timeline of Blood and Plunder in order to create a more exciting and expansive line for its player base.
    • By pcktlnt
      Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project
      Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
      They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
      Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.
       If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
      1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
      4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
      7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun
       The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).
       The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.
       His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out
       Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.
       The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.
       Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 
       Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.
       The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.
       He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)