Thrym

Planetarium, Quest for Planetoids :: A Thrym Side Project

17 posts in this topic

Did you find the heavy gel did ok - staying level and solid? that is, while it was drying?

I've been wondering about using it for other projects but wondered if it would for instance drip too much out, or just not stay in place well enough

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Guildenstern said:

Did you find the heavy gel did ok - staying level and solid? that is, while it was drying?

I've been wondering about using it for other projects but wondered if it would for instance drip too much out, or just not stay in place well enough

Yeah, it's made to go on canvas paintings so it needs to stay put on near vertical surfaces.  I expected a small amount of contraction, which it did; especially under a lamp.  Mixed with a faster drying acrylic paint, the drying time decreases a little as well.  If I can find time later tonight or tomorrow, I will post a new pic of the globe.  The blue green areas are much darker now since the heavy gel has cleared up more.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sae
      RUMBLESLAM
      I was surprised when I didn't see a thread for this kickstarter. They're doing wrestling miniatures of pretty much all the Blood Bowl fantasy races.
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      This is a pre-launch thread, but should be launching on Kickstarter in April.

Darkholds is a dungeon crawler boardgame - think Space Hulk crossed with Zombicide - containing lots of undead (including Wihtgar, Wihtboga, Wihtax, Gasts, Dreaguth and Tomb Spider) and six heroes, all in plastic. It's heroes versus the game.
      The heroes are Carrowek, Penda, Nerys, Gnith and Sáthach, plus a special KS only miniature that you can ONLY get if you purchase the boardgame, Morag of Mann. You can't get her separately and she will only be available during the Kickstarter. The retail version won't include her.

I don't know why it keeps merging into a single post.  But hopefully it stays.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/masmorra-dungeons-of-arcadia

Masmorra is the dungeon underneath the great city of Arcadia, which was used as a testing ground for prospective Guild Heroes. But since the warlock Malaphyas took it over, filling it with his monstrous minions, it's become a real challenge, beckoning the Heroes to brave its treacherous corridors in search of fame and fortune!

Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia is set in the Arcadia Quest universe, but is in fact a completely new and different game. In it, 2 to 5 players each control a single Hero, competing against all other Heroes. They must explore the rooms of the dungeon, defeating monsters, evading traps, and collecting gold in order to be the first to reach the highest experience level.

•5 Hero miniatures
      • 5 color bases
      • 5 Hero dashboards
      •12 Monster dice
      •7 Action dice
      •67 Dungeon tiles
      •70 cards
      •45 Tokens
      •5 player aid sheets
      •1 experience track sheet
      •1 rulebook

The Masmorra core box also comes with 5 cards that allow you to use its Heroes in Arcadia Quest as well!
    • By Lidless Eye
      After many distractions and other projects, I've finally finished my set of miniatures from the "Blood Rage" board game by CMoN.  I've been working on them on and off (mostly off) for over a year...the first few Giants were finished over a year ago according to my Facebook memories.

I've posted some of the monsters before, but I figured I'd put them in this Show Off as well as part of the set.

First, we have the Gods of Asgard:

Odin:

Heimdall:

Tyr:

Frigga:

Thor:

Loki:

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/87331127/epic-roll-eclipse-vanquish-the-light?ref=category_newest

Vanquish the light and conquer a kingdom. Nice guys finish last in this fast-paced "press your luck" dungeon crawler.
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)