eldamir

looking for a bit of help finding the "right" mini ..

We're about to start a new 5e  campaign and 2 of my sons have decided that they want to be Deadpool (using crossbows in lieu of guns) and Spiderman (his brother, the DM has ok'd some homebrew thing that gives him Spider Climb and a couple of other spidey-type features).

I'm looking at a paladin / warlock or a paladin / sorcerer and thought it would be fun to paint her up as Wonder Woman, given the other party members.  That said, I'm having a hard time finding a reaper mini that shouts "I'm Wonder woman!" and thought I'd ask you gurus for a bit of advice..

The closest I've found thus far are: 

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/female barb/sku-down/02687

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/isabella/sku-down/02462

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/02267

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/blade/latest/02267

But none of them seem quite right ..  the image I've  got in my head is from the new movie coming out this summer - tiara, round shield, sword and breastplate.. 

wonder_woman.JPG.e39d3079b1ca986fd23f629cf0590f8d.JPG

Thanks in advance..

Edited by eldamir
typo
  • Like 1

Does it have to be Reaper?

Because Dark Sword has a lot of female fighters too.

You could do the Angel of Radiance and just fill in the small hole in her back where the wings would have gone.  And instead of painting bare skin for midriff paint it as a skin-tight suit.  Sword, Shield, Flowing Hair and great pose!

Of course, the first link you listed is pretty legit!

(Edit: At least I'm assuming the wings are separate... so far on all of the WarLord figures I have bought that had wings they were separate, so that is an assumption on my part).

Edited by Grayfax
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

That's one that I already have on order, so I might just use her.

The Angel of Radiance is a solid option and on my wish-list (one must at least pretend to listen to the budget)

34 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

NR !.jpg

I hadn't considered Dark Sword - so far all of my minis have been Reaper.  I really like that one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

You could do the Angel of Radiance and just fill in the small hole in her back where the wings would have gone.  And instead of painting bare skin for midriff paint it as a skin-tight suit.  Sword, Shield, Flowing Hair and great pose!

(Edit: At least I'm assuming the wings are separate... so far on all of the WarLord figures I have bought that had wings they were separate, so that is an assumption on my part).

I was gonna suggestion this one as well. Her wings are a separate piece.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eldamir said:

That's one that I already have on order, so I might just use her.

The Angel of Radiance is a solid option and on my wish-list (one must at least pretend to listen to the budget)

I hadn't considered Dark Sword - so far all of my minis have been Reaper.  I really like that one.

Darksword makes awesome minis....

• Like 1

I hesitate to mention this because it is a not-yet-fulfilled Kickstarter and thus not yet available for purchase.  It should be ... soonTM.  ... But those can  be famous last words.

Hasslefree had a Kickstarter last year called "Kev White Does Matt Dixon" with a character "Helen" with four variants (warning, one is starkers, although with censorship boxes).  There is a "Mythic" variant (lower left) which is armored in a way that would work very well to suggest Wonder Woman,

Hasslefree Helen concept art

• Like 3

Heh, I forgot about this one:

(The obvious sculpt..... ::):

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, haldir said:

Heh, I forgot about this one:

(The obvious sculpt..... ::):

That's awesome! Too bad it's a 35mm mini and everything war is 27mm

• Like 1

Yah, Knight models are more for display. Thou, they do have a mini/tabletop game for their figures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

Hasslefree had a Kickstarter last year called "Kev White Does Matt Dixon" with a character "Helen" with four variants (warning, one is starkers, although with censorship boxes).  There is a "Mythic" variant (lower left) which is armored in a way that would work very well to suggest Wonder Woman,

I like that one too -- For now, I think I'm going to go with the one that is in the mail ( 02687: Female Barbarian ) and keep an eye on that Mythic Helen as a replacement for her when she gets a few levels under her belt.

• Like 2

02348: Krista, Warmaiden - the shield's not round (an easy swap, though) and a bit more heavily-armored, but slapping the WW colors on her, especially if you can freehand the logo onto her shield, will make it fairly obvious who she's supposed to be...

• Like 2