eldamir

looking for a bit of help finding the "right" mini ..

14 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

02348: Krista, Warmaiden - the shield's not round (an easy swap, though) and a bit more heavily-armored, but slapping the WW colors on her, especially if you can freehand the logo onto her shield, will make it fairly obvious who she's supposed to be...

The new wonder woman doesn't have a logo on her shield, so swapping in a hoplite shield should do the trick (I hesitate to say 'simply' as I've never modded a mini :D )

On 4/11/2017 at 2:33 PM, eldamir said:

That's one that I already have on order, so I might just use her.

The Angel of Radiance is a solid option and on my wish-list (one must at least pretend to listen to the budget)

I hadn't considered Dark Sword - so far all of my minis have been Reaper.  I really like that one.

Dark Sword minis are nice, but on a lot of them you have to glue the arms on.  I haven't got that one, but just eyeballing it it looks like it might be one of them.  (And pinning something that small a diameter is kind of nightmarish, let me tell you.)

i

On 4/12/2017 at 9:28 PM, eldamir said:

The new wonder woman doesn't have a logo on her shield, so swapping in a hoplite shield should do the trick (I hesitate to say 'simply' as I've never modded a mini :D )

For a shield that's held away from the body like that, it's a simple matter of cutting the old shield off the arm and gluing the new one on. If you're careful, you can cut the shield away while leaving the straps from it still on her arm so you can just glue the new shield right on and it will look like she was always carrying it.

Shield swaps (assuming a huge portion of the shield isn't in contact with the body/shoulder/arm/etc.) are one of the simplest conversions to do, although removing the existing shield can be time-consuming if you take the time to do it right rather than quick-and-dirty. But if you're going to pick something for your first conversion attempt, a shield is a good choice.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4