SamuraiJack

Mantic Terrain Crate

<<<MOD>>>

Link to the Live Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/terraincrate-plastic-affordable-fantasy-terrain/comments

TerrainCrate is a new range of pre-assembled, plastic dungeon, town and battlefield scenery that's ready to go right from the box and straight onto your tabletop. We'll have more details soon, so don't miss out!

Large.png

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 3

I've been a Mantic fanboy since their very beginning so I've had teasers of their upcoming terrain project coming across my Facebook feed for the past few weeks.

Are you sure it's going to be a Kickstarter though? 

For the past few months Mantic has been saying their long term plan is to rely less and less on Kickstarters and try to promote the retailers more.

Whatever it turns out to be I'm looking forward to it. This looks to be the sort of terrain and dungeon dressing I've been wanting to see more of from Reaper, but the more variety available the better.

And I have to say the quality of terrain pieces from Mantic has steadily been improving with each release. 

I thought the Mars Attacks terrain was pretty good but their Dungeon Saga Furniture Pack and even more recently their Walking Dead terrain plastics keep getting better and continue to impress in both the sculpting and quality of the plastics.

• Like 3

I keep seeing that it will be a KS, but not from an official source. I saw one guy say their Instagram guy spilled the beans, but I went to their Instagram and found nothing. I get the feeling with the word 'crate' that it will be a subscription service.

• Like 1

Found a German blog site calling it a Kickstarter.. but of course I can't access it from work soo..

Dungeon Saga is a weak game. KoW is great, and the KoW kickstarter went off relatively well (for me), though experiences seemed to differ widely from person to person. The thing they are best at is allowing the Rules Committees to take over their established games and make them work better. KoW 2 is a great example of that.

Their minis are just okay in my book. 

http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/2017/mantic-games-mehr-terrain-previews/

rough translation: Mantic's terrain KS draws nearer and there are new previews ...

and pinkymadigan: I was / am not angry about Dungeon Saga as a game, but about the way Mantic handled it.

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 1

Yeah there was a lot of weird stuff with DS. The game itself was fine, but the AC was terrible, and the 2nd printing was just as bad IMO. I think they really wanted to put together a replacement for WHQ but Jake didn't want to have anything to do with it so he rushed out just enough to fulfill his contractual obligations.

EDIT: SamuraiJack  - use the 'Insert other media' button below and to the right of the edit dialog instead of trying to manually tag it. Like this:C8uZbXcXoAIEY04.jpg:large

Edited by pinkymadigan

43 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

Yeah there was a lot of weird stuff with DS. The game itself was fine, but the AC was terrible, and the 2nd printing was just as bad IMO. I think they really wanted to put together a replacement for WHQ but Jake didn't want to have anything to do with it so he rushed out just enough to fulfill his contractual obligations.

EDIT: SamuraiJack  - use the 'Insert other media' button below and to the right of the edit dialog instead of trying to manually tag it. Like this:

Did they disable the auto-embed on pictures?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Add extra depth to your gaming sessions with Adventure Realm RPG Game Tiles – Castles and Dungeons set. We want to create a set of 16 eight inch square tiles with full colour printing on both sides, giving you over 2000 square inches of mapping artwork for your gaming. Each tile has one inch square grid subtly included on the images, making them ideal for integrating with your miniatures and roleplaying.  They are made on thick card and are gloss laminated to be compatible with dry-wipe marker pens.

On one side of the tiles are sixteen top down view castle tiles, ideal for quickly putting together a city wall or castle complex for your adventurers to explore. The castle tiles comprise the following:

1 x Wall outward corner, 4 x Wall inward corner, 1 x Gate, 5 x Straight walls, 1 x Dungeon entrance, 1 x Well courtyard, 1 x Grassed courtyard, 1 x Keep roof, 1 x Fenced corral

The castle tiles can be put together to make a complete small stronghold (above), while two sets give you plenty of options for an entire fortress (just one example given below).

Turn the castle images over and you have 16 dungeon tiles, all in full colour, giving you a flexible warren of corridors and rooms to battle through.  The dungeon tiles include:
      1 x Throne room, 1 x Tower stair well, 1 x Cellar stairs, 1 x Prison cells, 1 x Torture chamber, 1 x Demonic temple, 1 x Carpeted corridor, 1 x T Junction stairs, 1 x Circular pit, 1 x Wizards tower, 1 x Corner corridor, 1 x Storage room, 1 x Guard chamber, 1 x Tower chambers, 1 x Grassland secret entrance, 1 x Water secret entrance

The dungeon tiles can create the area underneath a castle, or be used in their own right for quickly assembling evocative dungeon scenes for adventurers to explore.
      This is our second Kickstarter project for the Adventure Realm series, with our first set of tiles successfully funded in November 2016.  The Castle and Dungeon set will work seamlessly with the original Town and Wilderness set.  So if you want a city wall between the town buildings and the great outdoors, now you can!
      Or you can expand your townscape to include fortified areas, underground  spaces, etc.
      If you missed the Kickstarter for Town and Wilderness you can add that set to your pledge to make even bigger adventuring worlds.

• By Rob Dean
      I saw these at Gencon; a little heavy, but I like the storability. 
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      PLEASE NOTE: 
      A starter 3D printer begins around $220 (see F.A.Q.) Each pledge level includes all previous pledge levels. The optional $10 Add-On sets shown below can be added to any pledge level by adding the appropriate amount to your core pledge, or select one of the 'Hero' pledge levels that fits your needs. There is no pledge level that includes the 'Prior Kickstarter Add-Ons'. You must add the amount for these sets to whatever pledge level you choose. We do not use an after-campaign pledge manager. All pledges must be in by the end of the campaign. DRAGONLOCK™ is an interlocking terrain system that allows you to create fully modular, multi-level 28mm scale village terrain for your RPG or wargame on your home 3D printer. Each set is delivered in a downloadable .stl format via our online distribution partner DriveThruRPG.com, and once you have the set, you can print as many pieces as you like and never run out or need to purchase more. These terrain sets represent the culmination of over twelve years of gaming terrain design experience.
      Fat Dragon Games is the only 3D printer terrain company that is part of the prestigious DriveThruRPG Community Content program, which includes Margaret Weis Productions, Monte Cook Games, and Wizards of the Coast’s DMs Guild. Our Dragonbite Community Creator program allows YOU to sell your own Dragonbite-compatible terrain designs on DriveThruRPG, RPGNow, and Wargame Vault!
      By supporting us through Kickstarter, you get bonus models that won't be available later, and access to free stretch rewards. We have been in the 'print-and-play' terrain business for over twelve years, and have successfully delivered eight previous Kickstarter projects, so you can pledge with confidence that we will deliver a high-quality product on time.
      FREE STRETCH REWARDS that will increase the size of the terrain offerings will be available to anyone pledging at the 'Realm of the Mountain King' pledge level or higher. Spread the word about this project to your friends and post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., and GET FREE BONUS MODELS as the pledges rise!
      A standard dungeon wall piece costs around $0.40 in plastic to print yourself, far cheaper than factory-made terrain! All of the models shown were printed at 100-200 micron resolution, a common standard on most economical 3D printers. A nice starter printer that can print these files starts around $220 (see our F.A.Q. for more info on printers, printing costs, filaments, and more.)
      Even if you don't currently own a 3D printer, it benefits you to support this campaign now. You can get all of the free stretch rewards, exclusive content in some sets not available later, and have a digital library of village terrain ready to go when you do purchase a printer.
      SPECIAL THANKS TO REAPER MINIATURES for allowing us to use their miniatures in our photos and video! (www.reapermini.com)
      CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SAMPLE SET OF DRAGONLOCK!

We are known worldwide for our attention to the smallest details. Our models feature richly detailed textures by industry-leading sculptors. 
      Our models feature high resolution sculpting detail.  
                                                     PLEASE NOTE: All images that are digital renders are clearly designated as such. We don't want digital renders being mistaken for a real printed model in our previews. 
      Digital render of the 'Wilderness Encounters' pledge level (final design subject to change).  
      Sample layout from the 'Mountain Adventures' pledge level.  
      Digital render of the 'Mountain Adventures' pledge level (final design subject to change).  
      Sample layout from the 'Mountain Adventures' pledge level.  
      Gargoyle brazier model from the 'Dungeon Delve Part 1' pledge level.
    • By Gadgetman!

A set of 13 detailed male & female 28mm scale gnome miniatures, suitable for all your Fantasy miniature games, from Midlam Miniatures.

About this project
      The Baron of Midlam, on dealing with the matter of the 'Winter Adventurers' returned home to Midlam Manor, to a most alarming sight.  For there, at the end of his estate, at the bottom of the garden, was a hill, where previously, there had been no hill.
      Fortunately the Wizard Gudgrief had accompanied him, and was quick with sage advice.  "I fear my Lord, that you have a mild infestation of gnomes, the common or garden sort.  Quite harmless, I assure you... "
      The Baron did not look best pleased, for this was Midlam Manor, his supposedly secret retreat, far from the hustle and bustle and plotting and scheming of Midlam Town.  And now there were gnomes here.
      Gudgrief, sensing the Baron's dismay was quick to step in.  "You'll find they are no bother, indeed, they are good at tending gardens so they team with flowers, will protect your grounds from wild animals and alert you to the coming of foes.  Other than that, you'll hardly know they are here... harrumph, apart from the hills of course... they do so like to build hills..."
      Midlam Miniatures are pleased to present a collection of thirteen 28mm scale figures, for all of your Fantasy games. There are a variety of both male and female gnome miniatures.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Behold! Legions of tabletop gamers! The Table of Ultimate Gaming has arrived! 
      Amazing features, accessories and expandability make this the gaming table we all have been waiting for. The Table of Ultimate Gaming allows you to play your games, your way. We create unmatched gaming table systems and accessories, then deliver them right to your door.
       3'x5' coffee table height Table of Ultimate Gaming in natural color
      3'x5' standard height in natural color. Shown with optional decoration packs and full table covers which store inside table and become 4 desks! 
       You are always ready to game on the Coffee Table of Ultimate Gaming! 
      3'x5' table in Storm Grey color set in the deep play position ready for a dungeon crawl. You can build any Table of Ultimate Gaming to offer either a shallow or a deep play floor depth.
      The majestic 4'x6' Table of Ultimate Gaming in pitch black color. Showing optional cup holder/dice tray combo accessories. 
      The Table of Ultimate Gaming is a complete modular and expandable system that puts you in the driver's seat. With unmatched features at a price you can afford, this system gives you full control over your games and events. We design on computers and cut roboticaly so every product is perfectly manufactured. The highest quality materials such as durable European birch hardwood construction and water based paints ensure years of safety, reliability and make these tables and accessories suitable for home use, game stores, gaming events, or game cafes and restaurants.
      Kickstarter table packages start at $599.00 for 3'x5' tables AC power and USB power outlets in two locations. You will have the correct regional power receptacles for your region.  Each table features an adjustable height play surface. Choose a shallow depth play surface of 1.5" or a deep play surface of 3.5".   You can also choose between three table heights: coffee table height, traditional height and counter-top height. Add modular decorations that swich out in an instant. Add full table covers which store inside table and become 4 desks! Many accessories like cup holder, card organizers, campaign screens and more are at your fingertips with the Table of Ultimate Gaming. Intelligent design and community feedback have created not just a game table, but a gaming system that adapts to your needs and style of play. Created from imagination, designed on computers and finished by hand, the Table of Ultimate Gaming is your gateway to a thousand adventures.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)