Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamuraiJack

Pre-launch
Mantic Terrain Crate

44 posts in this topic

TerrainCrate is a new range of pre-assembled, plastic dungeon, town and battlefield scenery that's ready to go right from the box and straight onto your tabletop. We'll have more details soon, so don't miss out!

Large.png

2 people like this

I've been a Mantic fanboy since their very beginning so I've had teasers of their upcoming terrain project coming across my Facebook feed for the past few weeks.

Are you sure it's going to be a Kickstarter though? 

For the past few months Mantic has been saying their long term plan is to rely less and less on Kickstarters and try to promote the retailers more.

Whatever it turns out to be I'm looking forward to it. This looks to be the sort of terrain and dungeon dressing I've been wanting to see more of from Reaper, but the more variety available the better.

And I have to say the quality of terrain pieces from Mantic has steadily been improving with each release. 

I thought the Mars Attacks terrain was pretty good but their Dungeon Saga Furniture Pack and even more recently their Walking Dead terrain plastics keep getting better and continue to impress in both the sculpting and quality of the plastics.

3 people like this

The ad that popped up on my Bookface feed said Kickstarter.. let me investigate

1 person likes this

I keep seeing that it will be a KS, but not from an official source. I saw one guy say their Instagram guy spilled the beans, but I went to their Instagram and found nothing. I get the feeling with the word 'crate' that it will be a subscription service.

1 person likes this

I have not had many dealings with Mantic (one Crazy Box with totally disappointing Content - the Basileans for example) and the Dungeon Saga Kickstarter. But those experiences convinced me not to back any other Mantic Kickstarter ever again ...

Found a German blog site calling it a Kickstarter.. but of course I can't access it from work soo..

Dungeon Saga is a weak game. KoW is great, and the KoW kickstarter went off relatively well (for me), though experiences seemed to differ widely from person to person. The thing they are best at is allowing the Rules Committees to take over their established games and make them work better. KoW 2 is a great example of that.

Their minis are just okay in my book. 

Posted (edited)

C8zrs1jXgAA7tRn.jpg

Edited by SamuraiJack

Posted (edited)

Yeah there was a lot of weird stuff with DS. The game itself was fine, but the AC was terrible, and the 2nd printing was just as bad IMO. I think they really wanted to put together a replacement for WHQ but Jake didn't want to have anything to do with it so he rushed out just enough to fulfill his contractual obligations.

EDIT: SamuraiJack  - use the 'Insert other media' button below and to the right of the edit dialog instead of trying to manually tag it. Like this:C8uZbXcXoAIEY04.jpg:large

Edited by pinkymadigan

Posted (edited)

C8uZbXcXoAIEY04.jpg

C8BGQGhWsAEbea7.jpg

Edited by SamuraiJack

Pre-painted terrain.....finaly someones doing it......

besides DF...

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, pinkymadigan said:

Yeah there was a lot of weird stuff with DS. The game itself was fine, but the AC was terrible, and the 2nd printing was just as bad IMO. I think they really wanted to put together a replacement for WHQ but Jake didn't want to have anything to do with it so he rushed out just enough to fulfill his contractual obligations.

EDIT: SamuraiJack  - use the 'Insert other media' button below and to the right of the edit dialog instead of trying to manually tag it. Like this:

Did they disable the auto-embed on pictures?

16 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Did they disable the auto-embed on pictures?

Dunno.

By all indications this is not a Kickstarter, but a subscription service.