Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Finished this one up today, Been working on him a little at a time to get it done for a small competition that required painting a mini that was over 20 years old. Happy with how it turned out, as well as the Khornate Icon he's standing on. Learned a lot from what was my first real base scratchbuild.
WIP Forum link here
Starting off with an artsy shot.
and a closeup
I'm playing a half-orc warpriest in a Pathfinder game who uses a huge ol' axe. I figured this would be a pretty good mini for him.
Base was made with GW Agrellan earth with some Vallejo pigments on it to give it some better color.
I used rattlesnake leather as his base skin color, with a wash of dark elf shadow and highlighted with green ochre.
I went with red hair, because why not? Reaper red hair triad.
So I've had a Tau force since the large scale Armageddon event/stuff pretty much happened a good ten years ago, and it's been in a state of "left on the side in the boxes" for a while now.... While I'd love to wrap up my Catachans first, I wound up starting on the Tau simply because I had a few ideas for them come to mind and figured I'd give it a go, and hopefully come up with a cohesive colouration by the time it's all said and done
Most of the assembled minis were spray primered in black years ago, and I'm not really a fan of black as my primer anymore (I switched to light grey a while after these guys were primered), so first order of business was to give them a new base coat consisting of two parts white brush on primer, and one part grey liner. The next coat consisted of lava orange (for the orange bits), and then an equal 1:1:1 of Mountain Stone, Terran Khaki, and Desert Sand for the second colour. Sadly, I totally forgot what I did for the "boots", but odds are I'll be changing that colour up as I'm not all the happiest with it at the moment. I also used Ebony Flesh for some quick lining, but I'm still indecisive about my thoughts on such.
Follow up coat for the orange was two parts lava orange, one part Dragon Red, and I think it was four drops of water...
That's not quite where things are right now though.... They're definitely in the "ugly" stage, since I decided I would experiment with, of all things, a complete wash coat made of Pure Black and about six drops of water...
While I did wind up losing a good amount of that gorgeously bright orange, I'm kind of liking how it has this almost "faded off in the sun" burnt feel to it... Next time though I'm going to be more careful about it's application, because wow there's a decent amount of cleanup in some areas. I like how the pants came out though ^_^;;;;
I'll have more pics later today, wasn't able to get pics off the G85 with enough time to edit them
Who's Online 22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)