Maledrakh

Maledrakh's Horde of oldschool GW Skeletons

These look super!

Those older skellies have so much more character then the newer ones!

Great to see them painted and I like the bases.

• Like 1

Looks like a mix - I'm thinking some of those helmets and spears are from newer kits, but I definitely recognize some late 80s early 90s skelly parts from my most favorite kit ever:

"Citadel Skeleton Army" (the big red box with 9 cavalry, a bunch of infantry and 1 chariot). Looks great! 

I've been looking for deals like this on ebay for a while. Settled on a $22 for 12 lot. I've got my eye on a larger one, but it contains some junk I don't really want more of (more monopose plastic Skaven), so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger until the price gets lower on it.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mad Jack

So, I was recently asked to curate a collection of old minis given to my FLGS on consignment... There are somewhere north of two hundred pieces altogether.

Most of it is old Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage and Citadel. The first three companies I know well. Citadel not so much, but I've already identified some of them from the Lost Minis Wiki. And then there are some that I don't recognize and have no marking on them.

So I'll be posting pics in this thread over the next couple of days to see if anybody knows what they are.

I'll also be editing the posts to update them as more things are identified. So eventually there will be a complete (ish) record of the entire collection.

First up, we have some dwarves...

EDIT:  In the first pic the first four are from Alternative Armies -  DH9-04 Dwarven Adventurer w/ Dagger, RM013 Auchan the Spiker, RM015 Colvin the Disturbed, and RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist. The 5th one is Citadel FA-15, v2 and the last one is Asgard's DA7.v2 Dwarf King.
      In the second pic, only the second one is unidentified.
      The first is from Grenadier's 2008 Thieves box set - the Dwarf Thief. The third is from Metal Magic's C1008 Dwarves set and the last is Grenadier's 1129 Dwarf Flamethrower.

I'll be posting more as I come across things I can't find myself...

• By Chaoswolf
      Another Bones 1 figure; painted to a tabletop level. Let me know what you think.
      Thanks for looking!

• By Chaoswolf
      Bones1 rat swarm, done in a couple hours to kill time while my main project was drying.
      Tabletop level.

• By Fire_Eyes
      Ahhh I tried some new things!

This was one of those sculpts that I saw and immediately fell in love with. I painted her to be a major NPC on the game I'm running. I did my first ever basing on this one, using some plaster(?) and cork for the rocks, and green stuff and the runic roller from GSW for the floor. I wanted to make it look like she was in a dilapidated temple, and the patterns on the floor were glowing with magic.

Any critique and comments are welcome! I'd especially love some advice on the gemstone. I'm still trying to sort out gem reflections, and I'm not 100% happy with it
    • By WhiteWulfe
      I've had these pics on my camera for a few days, and keep forgetting to upload them...  Keep getting distracted by other projects, but nothing wrong with that I say...  ^_^;;;;;  These photos were taken using my previous way of doing things, and I definitely prefer the "newer" way even if it means a bit more work up front, but there's less editing, and my kit lens is a LOT easier to work with for such up close pictures.  Kind of can't wait to get that Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro that's on my wishlist, but right now it's a debate between miniature supplies and camera gear, and the camera gear isn't currently on sale, plus we really could use a wider selection of paints in the house, so..... 

Ingrid was definitely an....  Interesting challenge to paint, to say the least.  She has a great deal of smaller details to her, aaaaaand she's pint shot glass sized, which adds to things.  Interestingly enough, the biggest issue I kept running into was with her gloves, boots, and especially belt.  Cloak also gave some issues, even having me somewhat frustrated at first that my initial shadow layer looked a LOT like vertical red and black stripes, I kept it as it was, and added additional layers on, which seems to have partially corrected itself, but looking at the photos, at the right angles it... Still kind of shows that way.  Oh well, we learn as we go, right?

This was also the first mini that I attempted something resembling eyes, and I did my best to have it look like she was looking right at the gem itself.  It took a few tries, but I managed to get some sort of hazel-brown eye going, although with just the one colour hazel eyes have (not the brown-green mix).

• Who's Online   23 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)