Evilhalfling

WizKids Griffon

Looking really good.  The wings are coming along nicely and are a testament to your patience with them.

• Like 1

I actually think it is quite a good looking model. I also wonder if stripping the primer and priming ourselves would make a difference. You are doing a nice job with it and the feathers are looking great!

• Like 1

mini-spawn kept wanting me to paint the beak so I backed off the wings. nothing is done, it all still needs more work, but color is building up.  i can see alot of flaws here, I guess I should settle down and work to finish an area next time I paint. 

I should also figure out how I am basing it soon. 

The chest feathers are not nearly as detailed as the wings - they feel a bit like painting scales. 

but at least I don't have to make them up completely. 

griffon7.jpg

griffon 7a.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 19

I move from "I hate it" - to yeah "close enough" really fast. 

I may tinker with it a bit more, and I have basing to finish - but this is a near final stage before I move to show-off. 

griffon 8.jpg

griffon 8a.jpg

base.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 18

12 hours ago, Lorathorn said:

Not to be obnoxious, but can you eventually take a picture with another mini for scale? I might want to get one of these, it looks amazing.

It fits onto a 2" round base, so standard for a large creature.  Ill see what I can do about a picture. 

edit: It took a while to find my sir forescale. It seemed a shame not to use him, and added the wizkid kobold as well. 

size.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 11

Thanks for fulfilling my request! And yes, I am compelled to buy it now! Probably going to get that and the displayer beast next.

I WAS going to get the illithids, but I like bathallians more. Go figure.