12 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Took some pics of my finished warbiker conversion (this is based on a deffkopta, basically a little helicopter) - WIP pics are in my wip thread.
I tried several new things, mostly water effects in a more cinematic style. Tried to make the water look like it was spraying or kicked up by the bike wheels. Also did some droplet effects. Overall it's ok, not quite what I was hoping for but next time will be even better I'm sure.
I did a conversion for a friend of mine for his marvel Super Hero Game he's running. The plan for the paint was to mimic a worn dusty old German Desert Camo and lots of earth tones. The character uses his fists to create shock waves in the ground and near by objects. If you think is is cool there is a lot of stuff on my business's Facebook page Please feel free to follow me for more pictures. ( facebook.com/TabletopGlory )
I did a conversion for a friend of mine for his marvel Super Hero Game he's running. The plan for the paint was to give it a punisher feel and he wanted a heart beat logo on his chest like a heart monitor would display. The character uses the power of lightning witch he can channel threw his shot gun. If you think is is cool there is a lot of stuff on my business's Facebook page Please feel free to follow me for more pictures. ( facebook.com/TabletopGlory )
This is my Spring Exchange mini - per some discussion with my exchange partner, I decided to give her a 'wand' of sorts, instead of a sword. I dunno why but the snake just happened. It seemed to fit. Anyway, to convert her sword arm to a wand, I basically cut and rotated the arm at the wrist, GSd a bunch of the now gaps (including one that happened on the back of her cloak). I whittled down the sword, cut off the hand guard and ended up making a kind of wooden hilt/handle for it (not sure the wood grain comes across).
I'm not 100% enthused with how her cloak came out, still trying to really master blending and highlighting. I am pleased with her eyes though, as it's really the best I've managed so far, her skin is ok at a distance, but isn't as blended as smoothly as I'd like closer in. I kinda went with 'better part of valor'* at this point, and decided not to mess with it anymore, for fear of making it worse.
The base I decided on a simple overgrown dungeony type, to fit in with her being a RPG mini.
Spoiled incase intended recipient would rather have a surprise ;) And also because not sure if her bare one cheek is PG enough or no for the forums.
A friend on MWG (Sperian) came up with a guide for converting a deffkopta into a bike. Something that seems to get done a lot, actually. But anyway, I used his guide, so this is not my idea or anything, I just executed it. It's mostly done atm though I am trying to decide if I maybe want to put a KFF on it.
So, I cut the skis off the deffkopta, the arm holding the rotor and the back... rotor thingy off. I used a wheel from a Space Marine bike and a large buggy wheel from Kromlech (they do awesome ork bits). You can see I broke the handlebars off, which are of a piece with the riders arms. I also cut off two of the four rockets on the front, to be able to mount guns. Second one is not yet in place in this shot.
The mudgards on the back are from the deffkopta rotor - which conveniently had broke anyway. The hubcap thing is a fantasy ork shield.
In these shots, I decided I needed to add a fork to the front, on either side, so I cut some likely sprue bits and plasticard tubing to mimic them. Hard to see but I also stuck a ork emblem, from a deff dread kit, on the front of the bike.
The "chain" is my fave part of Sperian's invention here - it's from the wrecking ball of a trukk and you just basically cut it at an angle and glue it as shown. I had a bit of trouble getting it to align right - per usual he makes everything look easy.
Here it is in its current (done) incarnation - at least til I decide to add more!
I stuck a spare gun on the bike, a back plate (hanging off mud guards), a couple of exhaust pipes (which I'm pretty sure are from a Trukk kit), I cut out the inner part of the back rotor and stuck it on the front wheel. The second gun on the front is, as best I recall, one of the guns from a character from GWs Betrayal at Calth set. The head is a Kromleck 'cyber pyrate' head; it's only blue tacked on so it looks pretty funny atm. the arms aren't actually attached yet either, permanently as I wanted to be able to get in there and paint.
And finally I made a holder for the boss pole, with the grot hanging off of it. It's also not 100% glued in yet, also for painting. The GS was still really drying in this pic too. I need to go back over stuff and fill holes etc. make sure I got mold lines and all that. Then hopefully I can start painting!
*edit* for reference: a view of an unconverted kopta
Some other views for those interested:
Who's Online 37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Lidless Eye
- David Brawley
- Grumpy Cave Bear