SamuraiJack

Live
RUDE GIRLS female orc miniatures

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Linked instead of embedded because nudity..

About this project

Hello all,

You are looking for a female leader for your orc army, or just a cool miniature to paint ? 

Well, this is my first kickstarter, so don't be afraid if the layout is pretty basic, you will not find supershinywords or coolfantasybackground, it's not my style... What you see is what you get !

Few words about me. Miniatures sculptor for nearly 20 years, I've worked for a lot of famous companies like Rackham, PrivateerPress, Mierce, and many others...  Today I want to create my own range, to explore my favorite themes in fantasy. 

All the minis are cast in resin by a skilled craftsman, here in France, no Chinese plastic here.

Edited by SamuraiJack
removed nudity
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This project totally eludes me. I do not get how on earth someone as skilled as Benoit Cosse would do a project like this. I love the theme, it's fun. The cave-men take on it.  But I dont really get the idea behind it. I understand why someone would want to sculpt "ugly" in contrast to the oversexualized that goes on in the hobby, but even here the rude girls are oversexualized, half-naked, with boobs out. But what I do not understand at all is why doesnt he sculpt the "ugly" in a good way?

This one looks to be sculpted by a 4-years old, and not by one of the great ones in the industry. Really wierd.

Edited by Grefven
Pic removed for nudity.
3 people like this

I didn't link pictures since boobs are not allowed per forum rules..  I totally don't get it either..

1 person likes this

The only things I like are the Rhino and the Hyena and I wouldn't even use the riders.

1 person likes this

I like some of the ideas, like the giant Rhino.

And to me it's okay that not all tribal women are covering their boobs.

But somehow, those faces just aren't doing it for me, not bc they're meant to be ugly, they just seem unfinished (maybe they are?)

2 people like this

I like a couple of the figures, but for the most part, I'm not too impressed...

The problem is that the 1 or 2 i like, I don't like as figures; I'm looking at 'em as a source of bits.

Good luck to the creator, but not for me.

1 person likes this

Oh, boy.  Yet another army of women from an entirely unfemale perspective.

1 person likes this

I wonder how much of it is the sculpts and how much is less than stellar photography.

Some of it isn't bad (I get very tired of 'pretty orcs'), and some of it is ... unflattering. I'mma keep an eye on it; there might be some useful stuff in.

To me, it appears like Benoit Cosse is aiming to achieve an effect that looks "poor". For example, look at the sculpt with the female holding the carcass/skeleton into the air. The skull and the ribcage look amateurish. The feathers of the vulture don't look at feathers at all. Look at all the fur details on the other sculpts. Also amateurish. If he is aiming to sculpt "ugly" figures, it would look a lot better if the details are at least sculpted decently. 

3 people like this

I kind of like em... The yellowish sculpts look pretty bad, but the group shot with them in a white material looks good. I like the Rhino and the Hyena especially. The Troll looks good too.... but they are on the expensive side for what they are... I am keeping an eye on it.. but this really doesn't tempt me at this price point.

I kind of like the rhino, but the orcs don't do anything for me.

4 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Looks like this is not a danger for my wallet ...

Yeah, think I'm safely going to be able to pass on this one.

The rhino looks wonderful, but the quality of that sculpt makes many of the other figures look even poorer by comparison. I also like the riders. At least what I can see of them. They're in contextually good poses and look to be well sculpted. Can't really see their faces though. As a stand alone piece it quite nice. History is littered with primitive cultures who never wore tops, so I don't have an issue with it. These look far more savage than cheesecake. Either way, it isn't my thing. 

1 person likes this

This is... an 'almost'.

If the sculpting were better, I would be happier, I think. Those sculpts... just are not that good. ::(:

The primitive/aboriginal style is interesting - and if there were some males to go with them... they could be useful. (Yeah, I know, nekkid male figures don't sell as well - but having the females in one style, and the males in another, makes it hard to build a theme.) I would rather see a full tribe.

Sending it along to Megan anyway, but I will be dodging this one.

The Auld Grump

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      This project is designed to bring you new Warriors of Baalor miniatures for the Darklands fantasy wargame from Mierce Miniatures!
      Warriors of Baalor are powerful, heavily armoured humans loyal to Baalor, the evil power of the Great Ice Sheet, lord of the Fomoraic and the greatest threat the Lands of Darkness have ever known.

All Warriors of Baalor were human, once, but have been turned to Baalor's cause by the twin promises of power and slaughter. They are rewarded with a strength, skill and fearlessness unknown to mortal men, and if they survive the wars of the Ice they can become the leaders of Baalor's great war-hosts, answering only to him.
      The Eye Arisen, Great Axe Warrior of Baalor Unit We've already begun work on the Warriors of Baalor sculpts!

The easiest (and cheapest!) way to get hold of the new Warriors of Baalor is by pledging for one of the infantry starter hosts, shown below. Scroll down and you'll see loads more starter hosts than just this one - and there'll be more versions of the Warriors of Baalor as this project continues, too!

The Darklands: Warriors of Baalor Kickstarter project is not just designed to bring you the new Warrior of Baalor miniatures for the Fomoraic, though - it's also a great opportunity to get into the dark fantasy world of Darklands for the first time, to expand your existing Darklands collection or maybe just to grab some fantastic miniatures to paint! As you can see, we've give you the option to purchase everything in resin, if you're more of a painter than a gamer!
      Make sure you check the comments on this project too for sneak peeks, Darklands lore, hints, tactics, painting advice and general insanity! The community that builds during these Kickstarter projects is amazing, and even if you just read the comments, you'll gain so much more from Darklands: Warriors of Baalor!
    • By Telrathien
      Hello all.
      I just launched my sixth Map project on kickstarter.  This time I am working on larger 18" x 24" and 24" x 36" maps.
      Please take a look if this sounds interesting:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1592014779/battlemaps-in-25mm-scale-for-tabletop-games

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      As far as one can remember, Elves always dominated the world. They are condescending and quite full of themselves. But their time is drawing to an end as decline looms over their kind. From the Bohorg tribe to the Steamfield Barony, along with the Godleif clan and the Army of the Tomb, every clan is secretly arming itself to conquer the elven cities and the precious crystals they hold to forge the powerful legendary equipment and take the Emerald Empire back!

Designed by Frédéric Guérard (Titanium Wars, Ilôs, …), illustrated by Djib (Titan race, Sabordage,…), and published by La boite de jeu (10’ to kill, Outlive,…) Clash of Rage is a conquest and skirmish game with miniatures in which different clans will fight for victory. Every army is unique, with its own units and characteristics. Players will equip each unit as they see fit, buying weapons and armors so that every game will be different! Overcoming the Elves will be the first necessary step to victory, but the showdown with the other clans is bound to happen!
      After 2 Years of development and hundreds of playtests, this is what Clash of Rage brings to the table:
      High replay value and endless customization of your armies with equipment and heroes. Short term in-game strategy combined with long range campaign planning giving you bonuses from one scenario to the other (a skirmish mode and a scenario mode).  An innovative combat system that rewards your armies’ complementarity over the number of units.  A turn order mechanism depending on the tactical cards you’ll play (that also define the reinforcements and income you’ll get).  An easy-to-learn game system, yet offering countless strategic possibilities mainly related to your tactical cards, equipment and actions choices. We showcased the game in lots of conventions so be sure that Clash of Rage is ready to roll out! We truly believe in this game and think you’ll have a ton of fun with it. The Elves are in for a challenge!

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
      What is this thing??
      Tabletop RPGs have many bits and pieces. And there isn't a good way to hold everything in one place that is good looking, convenient, and has an active role in the gameplay, right? WRONG! 
      It's the Adventurer's Kit.
      Question: So what does it do exactly?
      Better Question: What does it NOT do?
           The Adventurer's Kit comes with a:
      Favorite dice section Space for more dice More space for dice (or anything you like to put there. Do what you want. I'm a gamer not a cop.) Place for pens and pencils Pencil sharpener  Modular miniature box (informational gif below) Phone charger Brackets for a phone or tablet Card section for spell cards or flash cards Large rolling tray Clipboard for your character sheet Brackets for the character sheet clipboard and/or book Space to transport books to your gaming location It allows for gaming in a unique location (forest, renaissance faire, etc.)   If you've ever lost dice or minis or crimped the corners of your otherwise pristine character sheet then you want to look at The Adventurer's Kit. This well organized case contains space for everything. Lets take a look at some examples of it's versatility. 
    • By Paymaster Games
      The New Offering from Paymaster Games and their Going Native line. Going Native: From out of the Mists is a model centered campaign that will cover different heroes, warriors, monsters and gods of the New World.

Here is the link to the KS Page -  

• Who's Online   57 Members, 8 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)